Why does the MLB take down everything on youtube?

for real thou...what purpose does it serve. I find myself watchin highlights and mixes of nba and nfl players but when i go look up a certain catch or walk off homer u find nothing.....

how does this help gain fans or what purpose do they have???

for real thou...what purpose does it serve. I find myself watchin highlights and mixes of nba and nfl players but when i go look up a certain catch or walk off homer u find nothing.....

how does this help gain fans or what purpose do they have???

They should, it would help out their sport more than it would hurt. However, I feel like the NFL has restrictions, but they're a little more lenient. Some videos the NFL will leave up, some they won't. Not sure how they differentiate.

They should, it would help out their sport more than it would hurt. However, I feel like the NFL has restrictions, but they're a little more lenient. Some videos the NFL will leave up, some they won't. Not sure how they differentiate.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And I don't blame them. Sure it sucks, but they have a valid reason.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

And I don't blame them. Sure it sucks, but they have a valid reason.

Bud Selig is an idiot. It's been proven over and over again. I can only imagine how much interest in the NBA has been reinvigorated when someone happens to come upon HoopsEncycloypedia's videos or the "Play of the Night" or whatever. How can David Stern think its a good idea if its about losing money? Everyone knows that man knows a thing or two about money.

lawyers dont see it that way. They see blantant copyright abuse, just like the gif above me.

They want people going to mlb.com to see footage and videos and have them get ad revenue.

What they dont realize is that, this "free" marketing helps more than they can "account" for on any sort of paper or list. If user 54 in Minnesota sees something on youtube, he may be inclined to go to his first twins game. It builds on that what if incentive that is out there in the cyber world. Lawyers are blind to this line of thought

Bud Selig is an idiot. It's been proven over and over again. I can only imagine how much interest in the NBA has been reinvigorated when someone happens to come upon HoopsEncycloypedia's videos or the "Play of the Night" or whatever. How can David Stern think its a good idea if its about losing money? Everyone knows that man knows a thing or two about money.

lawyers dont see it that way. They see blantant copyright abuse, just like the gif above me.

They want people going to mlb.com to see footage and videos and have them get ad revenue.

What they dont realize is that, this "free" marketing helps more than they can "account" for on any sort of paper or list. If user 54 in Minnesota sees something on youtube, he may be inclined to go to his first twins game. It builds on that what if incentive that is out there in the cyber world. Lawyers are blind to this line of thought

^
1st Everton fan Ive seen on here
pimp.gif

Like what everyone has said, baseball is run by idiots.

It's absurd for the MLB to ignore Youtube, especially in this internet age. They're just stuck in their ways; they enjoy being in third place. At the very least they should have a Youtube account, but they just straight up ignore it.

It's absurd for the MLB to ignore Youtube, especially in this internet age. They're just stuck in their ways; they enjoy being in third place. At the very least they should have a Youtube account, but they just straight up ignore it.

Originally Posted by eddiehouse5

But year after year the World Series draws a larger TV audience than the NBA Finals do... Huh.

But year after year the World Series draws a larger TV audience than the NBA Finals do... Huh.

Originally Posted by Nowitness41Dirk

I tend to think the season of which each is played has something to do with it.
Im always in the house come late October, Im never in the house in June and the finals gets Tivo'd

I tend to think the season of which each is played has something to do with it.
Im always in the house come late October, Im never in the house in June and the finals gets Tivo'd

I won't check, but they're definitely in third place, and if you count college football, they're in fourth place.

Whatever the case, its things like these that keep the MLB where it is, and that is nowhere near the top.

I won't check, but they're definitely in third place, and if you count college football, they're in fourth place.

Whatever the case, its things like these that keep the MLB where it is, and that is nowhere near the top.

You don't have to check. The MLB playoffs draw better rating and the MLB pulls in more money...

What are you basing them being in third place on? Because it's not money or TV draw...

You don't have to check. The MLB playoffs draw better rating and the MLB pulls in more money...

What are you basing them being in third place on? Because it's not money or TV draw...

they are def 2nd place. No one cares about the NBA like NT does
laugh.gif

NFL
MLB
NBA
NHL

and it will always be that way

Back
Top Bottom