Why does the NFL have such a problem with changing the Sunday Night game midseason?

Op stays taking subtle and not so subtle shots at the Cowboys/Cowboys fans. I guarantee thats the
real reason to this thread.

Now its a problem..when you're "forced" to watch the Cowboys.  Yea, ok.

don't they change the sunday night game starting in a few weeks? i thought they flex it after like week 10 or something...

don't they change the sunday night game starting in a few weeks? i thought they flex it after like week 10 or something...

It's not that easy to switch a Sunday Night Game. You have people who already bought the tickets, networks already having it in stone. stadium operators, etc. It's not like the NFL can say hey, let's move this game and then poof, a Nationally televised game is moved.

It's not that easy to switch a Sunday Night Game. You have people who already bought the tickets, networks already having it in stone. stadium operators, etc. It's not like the NFL can say hey, let's move this game and then poof, a Nationally televised game is moved.

Originally Posted by dland24

I disagree with this being a reason.....because Major League Baseball does this EVERY single week.  The Sunday Night game of the week on ESPN isnt scheduled that far in advance.  There are a ton of season ticket holders for baseball teams too, and the league has no problem changing times for games without a ton of notice.  Seems to work fine for them.  Why not for the NFL?

[h1]touché.[/h1]

I disagree with this being a reason.....because Major League Baseball does this EVERY single week.  The Sunday Night game of the week on ESPN isnt scheduled that far in advance.  There are a ton of season ticket holders for baseball teams too, and the league has no problem changing times for games without a ton of notice.  Seems to work fine for them.  Why not for the NFL?

[h1]touché.[/h1]

Originally Posted by Tai My Js Kah

Another reason why they cant change it is because I'm sure teams cant just change times and dates on tickets that have already been sold to season ticket holders.

There are so many more games in the MLB. You only get so many games in the NFL. If an NFL ticket holder expects a Sunday Night game, they'll be pissed if it's not a Sunday Night game. You move an MLB game, just watch the next one in the series. You pay a premium when games are in prime time.

Originally Posted by Tai My Js Kah

Another reason why they cant change it is because I'm sure teams cant just change times and dates on tickets that have already been sold to season ticket holders.

There are so many more games in the MLB. You only get so many games in the NFL. If an NFL ticket holder expects a Sunday Night game, they'll be pissed if it's not a Sunday Night game. You move an MLB game, just watch the next one in the series. You pay a premium when games are in prime time.

Why is it that the NFL plans its Sunday Night Game of the Weeks before the season starts?  What is the problem with picking the game a few days/a week in advance like Major League Baseball does?  What is the problem with this?  Wouldnt being able to adjust times of games midseason help fans see the best football?

Watching the Packers-Cowboys game last night was a joke.  The NFL has to do something about this, so we dont have to watch trash games like this during primetime. 

Anyone know?

So for yesterday, what would have been a better option? No matter what, you never know how games will turn out. 

Why is it that the NFL plans its Sunday Night Game of the Weeks before the season starts?  What is the problem with picking the game a few days/a week in advance like Major League Baseball does?  What is the problem with this?  Wouldnt being able to adjust times of games midseason help fans see the best football?

Watching the Packers-Cowboys game last night was a joke.  The NFL has to do something about this, so we dont have to watch trash games like this during primetime. 

Anyone know?

So for yesterday, what would have been a better option? No matter what, you never know how games will turn out. 

Who doesn't like to see the Cowboys lose?
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Op stays taking subtle and not so subtle shots at the Cowboys/Cowboys fans. I guarantee thats the
Who the %%!+ are you?  
laugh.gif

Show me one time that I have ever taken a shot at the Cowboys?  I STAY taking shots at them?  
laugh.gif
  The hell outta here bro.  I never take shots at them.

Originally Posted by GMSboy1

Who the %%!+ are you?  
laugh.gif

Show me one time that I have ever taken a shot at the Cowboys?  I STAY taking shots at them?  
laugh.gif
  The hell outta here bro.  I never take shots at them.

Did I not say the Cowboys and Cowboy fans'? Aren't you always speiling about Cowboy fans'
and loyalty and casual fandom and and bandwagoning yadda yadda yadda? (Rhetorical)

You also cut my quote short. Why is it now a problem after the Cowboys have played?
Why not after Giants/Colts, Bears/Giants, Jets/Dolphins, 9ers(?!)/Eagles?

Also, did you really expect to find an answer here that you couldn't have found on Google/Wikipedia?
Yea, ok.

Whatever though, stupid thread is stupid and I've posted twice.

Did I not say the Cowboys and Cowboy fans'? Aren't you always speiling about Cowboy fans'
and loyalty and casual fandom and and bandwagoning yadda yadda yadda? (Rhetorical)

You also cut my quote short. Why is it now a problem after the Cowboys have played?
Why not after Giants/Colts, Bears/Giants, Jets/Dolphins, 9ers(?!)/Eagles?

Also, did you really expect to find an answer here that you couldn't have found on Google/Wikipedia?
Yea, ok.

Whatever though, stupid thread is stupid and I've posted twice.

It's the networks. FOX and CBS don't care about NBC's Sunday night ratings, they care about their own.

NFL cares about everyone - although yes they would admit SNF is more of a factor.

Each network gets almost equal shot at getting the juiciest games once the schedules are announced, and there is a process for how this happens.

It's the networks. FOX and CBS don't care about NBC's Sunday night ratings, they care about their own.

NFL cares about everyone - although yes they would admit SNF is more of a factor.

Each network gets almost equal shot at getting the juiciest games once the schedules are announced, and there is a process for how this happens.

These have best one of the worse years for sunday night football
Monday Night football been alot better
Sunday Night Football blow outs have been boring

These have best one of the worse years for sunday night football
Monday Night football been alot better
Sunday Night Football blow outs have been boring

Back
Top Bottom