Why doesn't DirecTV offer HD programming?!

What kind of peanut butter and jelly bull +#+! is this? I gotta pay more than I was paying when I had Time Warner and I still can not get the full capabilitiesof my HDTV
tired.gif
Is this one of the cases where if I upgrade my cables then I might get abetter picture? Or does it not matter since there is no digital signal? This is ridiculous. And to make matters even worse DirecTV is all that I can get sincethe building that I stay in now has some sort of contract with them and Time Warner is not an option.
f6825a8ef745319258e81467058a663f9b9ab50.gif

indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

so many things wrong with your post.

DirecTV offers THE MOST HD channels out, PERIOD. Fully digital, always been.

your not wavy

directv has the most HD channels out of any other provider.

it costs $10 more.

time warner barely has any HD channels. dtv is WELL WORTH IT

Well then why is it that when I set up my service and when the dude just came to install the boxes he told me that they don't have it available?

Originally Posted by rwfanatic

Well then why is it that when I set up my service and when the dude just came to install the boxes he told me that they don't have it available?

laugh.gif
I have DIrect tv HD, call them up

your building most likely has the old satellite dishes and they need to upgrade them in order to get HD

Originally Posted by presequel

your building most likely has the old satellite dishes and they need to upgrade them in order to get HD

tired.gif
well that really sucks

I think it might also have something to do with me having to set it up through AT&T and not DirecTV directly, but I was told that was the only was for itto be done.

are you sure you got the right receiver hooked up to your tv? there's specific receivers that output hd channels.

directv is way better than time warner. the satellite hooked up in the building could be a problem but i doubt it. even the smaller/older ones were able tograb hd channels but not all of them. you might have to call directv up and ask if you're paying for hd channels and what type of receiver you have.

on a side note does anyone kno how to get the hook up on satellite tv. u just have to keep changing the card or sumthin?

elcvtk.jpg

For those of you that have had DirecTV for a minute, how old do you think this box is that they gave me? It don't look nothin like the ones they got ontheir site
f6825a8ef745319258e81467058a663f9b9ab50.gif

Originally Posted by presequel

Thats the case around my way. Can't wait to move

rwfanatic, that box looks pretty old, i havent seen it before so who knows i might be wrong but ALL of the directv boxes i have seen are silver. hope thathelps.
ohwell.gif

yeah, that's an old receiver. the hd receiver is silver and the buttons light up in blue
pimp.gif
. i've had the hd receiver and package for over a year and have hadabsolutely no problems
happy.gif
. make sure you buy your hdmi cables and youshould be good to go
smile.gif
. i just bought another samsung lcd and upgradedto another hd receiver. if you have an hdtv you really need to get the hd receiver and package, so you can get the most out of your hdtv
wink.gif

Back
Top Bottom