Why don't Nike retro AF'1's?

If Nike can retro Air Max 95 colorways every so often then why can't Nike retro Air force 1's(super jewels would look sick in some new colors and retrosome vintage colors too). Also how does that Nike ID Studio thing works? Because I wanted to create some sick AF1's in colorways the public can imaginealso bring some old flavor back(96 patent,super jewels). Give me some feedback on this room.

with the recent quality of air force 1's, I wouldn't want them to retro any of the classics. they'd just ruin them.

Originally Posted by denverairforce

with the recent quality of air force 1's, I wouldn't want them to retro any of the classics. they'd just ruin them.
this...

/thread

the only re-retro AF1 i would mess with is the cocoa snake.

too bad my size is damn near un-possible.

that would be nice...just give me these

af1_lo_barq_chino.jpg
af1_canvas_low_car_4.jpg
af1_nyc_wht_grn.jpg
af1_pre_brown.jpg
af1_canvas_royal_wht_5.jpg

AF1_canvas_blk_wht.jpg
Nike-Air-Force-1-High-Sheed-white-bluejay.jpg
air-force-1-low-sheed-red-patent.jpg

sounds like ya don't spend no money..cuz da premiums and supremes are superb quality.

Originally Posted by ninjahood

sounds like ya don't spend no money..cuz da premiums and supremes are superb quality.
before nike dropped "premiums and supremes" the GR stuff used to be superb quailty......i have AF1s from 1998 that look better thantodays BS...... one shouldnt have to pay for that "premium or supreme" tag.......
smh.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by air max 87

before nike dropped "premiums and supremes" the GR stuff used to be superb quailty......i have AF1s from 1998 that look better than todays BS...... one shouldnt have to pay for that "premium or supreme" tag.......
smh.gif
smh.gif
thats ridiculous considering da inflation rate between da 90's and now. da dollar no longer gets you da same thing it did 10 years ago, whywould people feel they're entitled to get sneakers

wit da same materials of da 90's and pay da same while manufacturing cost have gone up since?

i rather have da option to pay more for better.

and back in da 90's air forces only saw a very few releases per year and only in a few states, for years you couldn't even buy air forces in selectonline retailers.

I'm glad that Nike doesn't Retro Air Forces. 1. The shape of the shoe has changed significantly since the 90s and thus would destroy the look ofclassics. Many of the great Air Force 1 classics back in the day were GRs and if they made them a GR today, the quality would be trash. And finally, I like theidea of hunting for that hidden gem you are searching for. It makes it feel that much better when you finally get them.

yeah I must not be ballin' like you dude...
eyes.gif

actually, I just don't like fabric swatch sample collage shoes in skittles colorways, so that's why I don't buy many supreme or premium forces. and I'm not going to spend $150 on some air force ones that will be in the outlets for $50 in the next 6 months. in fact I'd rather give my money tocharity than pay retail for those shoes.

some forces in the last couple years have been OK. bobbito highs, neon am95 supremes, canvas supremes (maroon, blue, black, grey), etc., but the overwhelmingmajority of forces has been crap. GR, premium and supreme. but hey, you're obviously buying what they're selling, chalk one up for Nike.

bottomline is if you spend da money you gonna get your money's worth.

af107_max_cb_blk.jpg
af107_max_cb_blk_8.jpg

highest quality GR all black force i've ever seen...SOLD OUT at 200 bucks MSRP. joints had straight pelle pelle leather on em.
pimp.gif

if you are paying $200 for joints like that, then I don't know what to tell you... I would rather spend $200 on 2-3 pairs of GR's from 5-10 years agoand get better quality all around (not to mention better looking kicks). and uhh, I don't think supreme max airs are considered "GR". those aremore than likely an Urban account relase, i.e. limited, not General Release or Core Release.

in NYC, its all GR....
pimp.gif

but i supremely doubt (no pun) any GR forces came with da type of leather those came with.

spaceball.gif

020858_1_p.jpg

Originally Posted by denverairforce

I think you're just supremely confused as to what a GR is... we'll just leave it at that.
like i said, in NYC, da sneaker mecca..things that others city struggle to get, are in droves over here (foamposites, flightposites, supreme airforces, etc)

so spare me da rookie rhetoric
grin.gif
laugh.gif

and back in da 90's air forces only saw a very few releases per year and only in a few states, for years you couldn't even buy air forces in select online retailers.

QFT
but why did you have 2 use that Air Force 1 as an example? I quiver with fear knowing that I hate AF1's except for that one(and a few others)

they could easily replicate some of the old canvas models with the nylon/velcro straps and all. that would be dope as hell. would be even better if they did arun of simple colorways in super premium leather. i'd buy everyone of them even at $200 a pop. 99.8% of the recent forces with better material are ugly ashell and eff the stupid rolled edges and visible air. yuck.

Originally Posted by air max 87

before nike dropped "premiums and supremes" the GR stuff used to be superb quailty......i have AF1s from 1998 that look better than todays BS...... one shouldnt have to pay for that "premium or supreme" tag.......
smh.gif
smh.gif
thats ridiculous considering da inflation rate between da 90's and now. da dollar no longer gets you da same thing it did 10 years ago, why would people feel they're entitled to get sneakers

wit da same materials of da 90's and pay da same while manufacturing cost have gone up since?

i rather have da option to pay more for better.

and back in da 90's air forces only saw a very few releases per year and only in a few states, for years you couldn't even buy air forces in select online retailers.
i understand all that, but inflation has nuttin to do with nikes drop in quality....... JB/Nike has been puttin out lackluster materials for awhile on their retro sneakers....... if in flation and cost of living and materials and all that BS had to do with it Nikes would be just as expensive with thesame quality, lets be realistic, it cost nike a couple of bucks still to make sneakers........

Everything Ninja stated is true (especially the fact about af1's not being allowed to be sold online).

While those $200 black supreme max lows weren't a textbook gr, in NYC they were EVERYWHERE and actually sold well in NYC and parts of Jersey. I rememberhanging out in one of my friend's stores the day they got them in and random people just walked in and purchased them on sight at retail. While Ipersonally would not pay that kind of money for that shoe, the quality was top notch and slightly better than SOME of the gr's from the 90's.

As far as re-releasing "classic" original colorways, with the alterations of the shape over the years, you're better off just hunting for avintage pair or making a pair of bespokes.

That's the main reason retro-ing Air Forces might fail. Nike bastardized the Air Force a couple years ago with that dumb campaign that had the shoe drop inhundreds of colorways....and they were on sale everywhere! Cats don't even wear Air Forces like that anymore because of it. Only a few heads & puristsstill do. You even get tight GR drops nowadays...but no one buys because of the tissue paper type leather & the damn near $100 retail price.

Maybe if Nike does something special like drop a sought after colorway (like 3M Snakes, Purple Hi's, Cocoas here in the U.S.) maybe once a month....theywould re-generate some luv for the shoe.

air forces supply has to liquidate nationwide before a demand can be created da way it was in da 90's and early 00's...da 25th year anniversary putenuff forces to last like 5 years

Back
Top Bottom