Why don't YOU have a tattoo or body mod? Vol. Everybody's doing it...

Besides the fact that I pass out at the sight of needles
30t6p3b.gif
, I'd probably have a tat if I wasn't so anti-trendy. I'm afraid I won't want whatever I get 6 months later...or worse, 60 years later. I know that's what old farts be saying but I just happen to think they're right. Plus... it just feels mad unnatural to have something other than the skin I'm used to looking at. I don't even rock earrings but maybe 3 times a year or if I'm doing an event or something and I've had my ear pierced for 16 years now. I usually forget it's pierced. I don't wanna grow out of anything permanent. 

Parents would kill me, it hurt chances of getting a job, and I can't come up with anything that is unique or meaningful enough for a tattoo.

Im afraid I will get it and the next day my mom/dad will need blood and I wont be able to give it and they would die.

I swear thats how I think.

laugh.gif
I had that state of mind... then got my ear pierced, got yambs that same hour. Then when I got a tattoo, I had a 3some 4 different times that day.

So basically, im just telling you... you should follow the trend. If not, then walk out your house butt naked.

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

I respect art too much to get something permanent

Interesting. 
 I had that state of mind... then got my ear pierced, got yambs that same hour. Then when I got a tattoo, I had a 3some 4 different times that day.

So basIically, im just telling you... you should follow the trend. If not, then walk out your house butt naked. 

Damn. If that really happened, I can't do +#+% but applaud you. No ink, but I've worked the "Darkskinned rap !+$$$ with dreads" angle to perfection though
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

From a different perspective I've always wanted tattoos since I was a little kid. I had the wash on tattoos, permanent marker tattoos, henna tattoos, & finally real tattoos.

Originally Posted by Night Marcher01

laugh.gif

So basically, im just telling you... you should follow the trend. If not, then walk out your house butt naked.
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Its corny to me and its permanent. If i ever do one call me childish but i want spidey hanging upside down on my back...

Originally Posted by ServeChilled81

what exactly does that mean?
art is subjective and your opinion changes as you get older.
a work of art isn't supposed to mean the same thing in different moods.

art isn't supposed to have the same meaning/appeal over time.

art is supposed to get old/stale or become fresh.

erased, remade, reworked, not constant and in the same place.

I haven't seen anything or come up with anything I've ever drawn that I'd want on my body forever and for yall who say it doesn't have to be forever I'm definitely not gonna be a guy to get a tattoo and then have it removed x amount of days/weeks/months/years later.

All in all it's just not my thing, they seem meaningless to me (to the point I would get one if I got paid enough to get one) and I won't lie the fact that it's become a trend to follow annoys me.

I knew there was an interesting explanation to that opinion. I agree. Similarly, I always hate when people told me music was timeless. No it isn't. It's a time capsule. It's the opposite of timeless. Art is a reflection of life and life isn't timeless, right? 

Its up to the person, some people are into it, some arent. To some people, tattoos arent a fad. To some people, they are. Simple as that.

I really hate the whole "what about when you are 60" argument. Im not gonna worry about how my tattoos look the last 20 years of my life when I can enjoy the next 40 with smooth skin.

The only thing I would get is something dedicated to my mother and she doesn't want me to get one.

So that's that.

Had both ears pierced but they closed up years ago.

No tats. I was very close to getting one back in high school. Glad I didn't.

Ultimately it comes down to me being fairly indecisive plus what ThunderChunk69 said, though I've never thought it out as clearly as he put it before.

I have a couple of tattoos. I've wanted them since I was a kid. I was always a big fan of National Geography, and I'd always see these super intricate tribal tattoos and couldn't help but think "I want that!" I would cut the coolest ones out of the magazines and everything. Showed my collection to my mom once and she flipped.
roll.gif

She refused to sign the release forms to let me get one before my 18th, and I definitely wasn't trying to get one done in some dude's garage, so I waited. I have two now (The newest one is just over a year old.) So far, no regrets... I just wish I had more money to get more.
ohwell.gif
Have a plan for a 3/4 sleeve in the works through. Just gotta get it drawn out and save up the cash for it.

Originally Posted by MotivatedMidwestMogul

I knew there was an interesting explanation to that opinion. I agree. Similarly, I always hate when people told me music was timeless. No it isn't. It's a time capsule. It's the opposite of timeless. Art is a reflection of life and life isn't timeless, right? 

but with any art, it's really hard to just say definitively whether or not something is supposed to be ever-changing
or withstand everything that is changing around it and still hold on to it's original statement.

And here I was thinking you were calling your body a work of art.
eek.gif
laugh.gif

To answer...I can't figure out what to get.

Originally Posted by shoefreakbaby

Im afraid I will get it and the next day my mom/dad will need blood and I wont be able to give it and they would die.

I swear thats how I think.

My father reminds me of this anytime I even bring up the word tattoo 
laugh.gif

He doesn't wanna believe that you can donate blood after a certain amount of time though.

Ditto on not wanting what you have later on down the road, that's why it baffles me whenever I see anyone with a face tattoo.

Back
Top Bottom