Why/how are you a fan of your favorite teams?

Thought this might be interesting...I know some of you have some different reasons on why you like the teams you like...
And theres some of you that like a whole bunch of teams from different areas of the country...so I got curious..

Mine are boring...

KU-Grandparents went to KU, parents went to KU, I go to KU
Chiefs-lived in Kansas multiple times
Suns-lived in Arizona for 9 years

Not really a fan of any MLB teams...used to be a Diamonbacks fan when I was younger...I'll root for the Coyotes if they're on TV but I wouldn't call myself a fan...
Somewhat an Arizona State fan (I'll root for them against U of A and other Pac 10 schools)

Thought this might be interesting...I know some of you have some different reasons on why you like the teams you like...
And theres some of you that like a whole bunch of teams from different areas of the country...so I got curious..

Mine are boring...

KU-Grandparents went to KU, parents went to KU, I go to KU
Chiefs-lived in Kansas multiple times
Suns-lived in Arizona for 9 years

Not really a fan of any MLB teams...used to be a Diamonbacks fan when I was younger...I'll root for the Coyotes if they're on TV but I wouldn't call myself a fan...
Somewhat an Arizona State fan (I'll root for them against U of A and other Pac 10 schools)

Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Illinois Basketball - Grew up in the Chicagoland area.
Michigan Football - First time I watched football was a Michigan game on a Saturday afternoon when I was a kid. Was in love since.

Bears, Bulls, Cubs, Illinois Basketball - Grew up in the Chicagoland area.
Michigan Football - First time I watched football was a Michigan game on a Saturday afternoon when I was a kid. Was in love since.

Pretty much the same as shabooyah ... I'm from Chicago.

But, PHX Suns, I have no idea ... I've always loved them since I was younger & they had Barkley. Trend continued. I always want them to succeed.

Pretty much the same as shabooyah ... I'm from Chicago.

But, PHX Suns, I have no idea ... I've always loved them since I was younger & they had Barkley. Trend continued. I always want them to succeed.

Like all the Boston teams.

Born and raised

Don't have a favorite college team in any sport

Like all the Boston teams.

Born and raised

Don't have a favorite college team in any sport

Born in Dallas, so I root for no one but the hometown teams with the exception of FC Barcelona.

Born in Dallas, so I root for no one but the hometown teams with the exception of FC Barcelona.

Born and raised in LA so I'm down with all the LA teams except the Clippers. Blake Griffin is a beast though.

Born and raised in LA so I'm down with all the LA teams except the Clippers. Blake Griffin is a beast though.

I'm from New York
pimp.gif

Not a Giants or Mets fan though..Parents used to have me decked out in Miami University gear as a kid so I grew to love the football team because of it.

Die hard Knicks and Jets fan since I was like 8 or 9.

I'm from New York
pimp.gif

Not a Giants or Mets fan though..Parents used to have me decked out in Miami University gear as a kid so I grew to love the football team because of it.

Die hard Knicks and Jets fan since I was like 8 or 9.

Chicago. 'Nuff said.

Go to Northwestern.

Needed to pick a futbol team to follow because my roommates were huge soccer fans and it was more fun that way.

Chicago. 'Nuff said.

Go to Northwestern.

Needed to pick a futbol team to follow because my roommates were huge soccer fans and it was more fun that way.

******** - Born and Bred DC...it was a tradition to watch game win or lose

Georgetown Basketball - Same thing

Miami Football - I jumped on the bang wagon in 2000
laugh.gif

******** - Born and Bred DC...it was a tradition to watch game win or lose

Georgetown Basketball - Same thing

Miami Football - I jumped on the bang wagon in 2000
laugh.gif

********, Wizards, Hoyas, Terps- I grew up in DC

Lakers- First NBA game I watched was the lakers vs the pistons in the finals and James worthy had that sick Triple double in 88' I believe. I was like 2-3 years old. I also loved yellow at the time!
laugh.gif

********, Wizards, Hoyas, Terps- I grew up in DC

Lakers- First NBA game I watched was the lakers vs the pistons in the finals and James worthy had that sick Triple double in 88' I believe. I was like 2-3 years old. I also loved yellow at the time!
laugh.gif

Dolphins, Marlins, Heat, Gators

Born and Raised in the county of Dade and I'm an Alumni of The University of Florida

Back
Top Bottom