Why in the world do ppl tan?

GuidoOompa.jpg

What is, not dark enough, Alex? Great, I'll stay with this category, Stupid Questions for 200 please.

Deep down inside they wish they were black

Spoiler [+]
*%%! storm in 3....2....1

I think in general, a tan complexion is preferable to either of the extremes, too white or too black. I prefer my white women tan, and my black women lighterskinned. What can I tell you?

I use to go tanning & I don't see a problem with it. I think people look better with a little tan. Now if they are orange then that is a spray tanbecause tanning beds don't make you orange.

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I use to go tanning & I don't see a problem with it. I think people look better with a little tan. Now if they are orange then that is a spray tan because tanning beds don't make you orange.
damn, i thought you were black..i misinterpreted the "coco" in your screen name. im even more curious

Originally Posted by J Dilla Himself

Originally Posted by cocolicious

I use to go tanning & I don't see a problem with it. I think people look better with a little tan. Now if they are orange then that is a spray tan because tanning beds don't make you orange.
damn, i thought you were black..i misinterpreted the "coco" in your screen name. im even more curious

roll.gif

I started going tanning senior year of HS, all the way through four years of college. Im proud to say, i have been artificial tanning free for 11 months. Man,AA has my speech brainwashed

It is for aesthitic reasons. For some people, it is so that their skin gets that "glow". For lighter skinned or fair skinned people, having a tannedlook makes you look more exotic. It also makes your skin more even toned, especially if you have discolored/uneven skin tone (tanning can be useful for my skintone sometimes since I have very low iron and that shows in my uneven/discolored skin). It can also make some people look thinner. So basically, it is forphysical/beauty purposes.

But, the long term effects and the harm tanning does to your skin is not worth the short term effects of how "good" it makes you look.

I saw some horrible tans on the Hooters Swimsuit Pageant yesterday. I hope people who do this realize the effect it will have on their skin in the long run.

Because somewhere along the line the facets that make up mass media presented the idea that some people possess certain deficiencies in their physicalappearance.

--Light skinned people wanna look darker and dark skinned people always wanna be lighter. SOL for the latter.

because not being able to find a piece of wonder bread on your back is not attractive

your natural color cant be the palest you are?
cause it aint natural when the son isnt there

Back
Top Bottom