Why is flight club prices so high?

Originally Posted by iYen

I remember when I first checked out flightclub.com.

roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Exactly the same with me. Seeing their prices pretty much took me out of the shoe game
30t6p3b.gif

Originally Posted by ThunderChunk69

Because they sell at those prices.

pretty much.
these new hypebeast have taken prices to a whole new level. i remember when the game was a bit chill after the xx's came out.

because its consignment and they sell. The people that put kicks in there factor in the 20% that flight club takes into their selling price so that why its so high. I have sold many kicks in flight club and you wont believe some of the prices people pay
happy.gif
happy.gif

I'm not even mad. If people are willing to pay that much, then that's what they're worth to them. Some people have the money like that to not want to do the research or wait in line for sneakers.

It's a consignment shop. They don't set the prices. The people that bring the shoes in do. DS shoes, you keep 80% of the sale. Used shoes you keep 70%. People want the market value + a lil extra for their pockets. That's they the prices are what they are.

Mom and dad take their kids to hypebeastclub and buy it, hence why they stay in business

i compare it to when a seller on ebay raises their auction price by about 15% to compensate for final value and paypal fees.

flight club gets 20% of every sale so if if a seller wanted $300 for a pair of shoes, he would have to sell them for $360 to make the $300 he really wanted.

aside from that like mentioned before, people are willing to pay flight club prices and at the end of the day money talks.

Ced is right. Not all people that like shoes go on forums or even ebay. FC is a known place to have authentic shoes and most likely they'll have your size in what shoe you're looking for.

i've copped from them....

like others have said, prices are high because they split the profits with the person that brought said shoe into the store.

if you're someone into shoes and you're walking around with a nice amount of money on you, you're probably going to get something from there.

Originally Posted by Humanflight4 23

I really wonder how many pairs they really sell on a yearly basis I bet their profits are weak compared to semi well known mom n pops shops

Their profits are insane. They don't have to deal with salesmen (except for the hats), and the turnover is insanely quick. Great business model.

Their prices are above market, but you're paying for peace of mind as well. If you choose to venture out to the sneaker forum marketplaces and eBay, you're always be dealing with a potential scam.

I really wonder how many pairs they really sell on a yearly basis I bet their profits are weak compared to semi well known mom n pops shops

obviously a lot of if they can afford rent for that huge retail space on Broadway street along with their smaller LA location on Fairfax.

:lol: This man really waited 30 days before he could post in General only for this to be his first post.

Back
Top Bottom