Why is internet explorer frowned upon?

They are just web browsers. They all do the same thing, display websites and provide you with content. Nothing more, nothing less. It's really not that serious. This up and coming generation man,
30t6p3b.gif
sheesh. 

Originally Posted by whyhellothere

They are just web browsers. They all do the same thing, display websites and provide you with content. Nothing more, nothing less. It's really not that serious. This up and coming generation man,
30t6p3b.gif
sheesh. 
That's a very basic understanding of web browsers. They don't only display websites. Speed of browser, security, ease of use, reliability, intuitiveness are all important aspects of the modern web browsing experience.
Chrome is the best browser I've used. It's fast, secure, smart, and easy to use. Firefox is my alternative browser although I'm not a fan of it. Opera is at the same level as Firefox. Internet Explorer is only ever used if I'm on a school computer that only has one browser.

30t6p3b.gif
sheesh. 

I hope your joking or trolling.

Simply put:

When the reason you do something is because that's the way you've always done it, it's time explore.

30t6p3b.gif
sheesh. 

I've never seen a more simple minded post than this. I bet you think all cars are created equal too, they take you from point a to point b type #+$$
indifferent.gif

Back in the day when you bought a video game system, you bought it for the games.
Then you bought based on which one had better graphics and features. Gradually those features expanded.

Now you've got Netflix and ESPN and radio-- a browser is exactly the same. As our technology changes, you need to keep up with it.
IE has remained stagnant for years while Firefox and Chrome have apps, themes, render smoother experiences both visually and functionally.

Like most others said, it's just more susceptible to malware attacks and whatnot. Without any kind of anti-virus software, you're pretty much a sitting duck when you use it these days.

Back
Top Bottom