Why is it SO HARD for me to get a CAR?!?!?!?!

I have a good job, make decent money. Could EASILY pay monthly payments. But they hit me with a 18% interest rate and i would need to pay the car off for 72months! The car isnt even NEW! Its all because i dont have a ocsigner or enough credit. I dont have bad credit, just not enough.
Whats some good tips. Im desperate.

P.S. and to top it off, they offered me $250 for my car. $250?!?!?!?!?
roll.gif
sick.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

man %*@% i'm tryin to save for a car mine got totaled and my parents took all the money
indifferent.gif
leaving me with no car so now i'm working my *%@ off trying to get aPOS for a little bit...

Why do some of you people post trash to boost your post count? The stuff you post has little to no relevance/purpose to the thread... but that one extra postin your name screams for you to do so? Some of you people are pitiful.

Either way:

1) Get a cosigner - that will lighten the payment load in the future

2) Throw a bigger down payment - this also doesn't guarantee a lightened load... but you'll have a bit of leeway in the end

3) Drive a hard-bargain. When the dealer wanted 11.5 I think it was... I talked him down to 1. Then once he conceded to one... I bought the car in full. (Ilike messing with people)

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Originally Posted by ChaBillionaire23

I have a good job, make decent money. Could EASILY pay monthly payments. But they hit me with a 18% interest rate and i would need to pay the car off for 72 months! The car isnt even NEW! Its all because i dont have a ocsigner or enough credit. I dont have bad credit, just not enough.

roll.gif
sick.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

How much money you make is only part of the equation. CREDIT plays a BIG part in equation. If you're credit is not up to par then that's when thehigh interest rates kick in. Also, the bigger the down payment the better you look to the financing company as well. Pull your credit report and check itout. That dealer is not your only options as well. Create a bidding war for your business. Good luck.

I copped an 07 Malibu back in November around that price range and only put down $1K on it and I was upside down on my current vehicle. Find a dealerthat's honest(I know that sounds far fetched, but it's possible) and knows how to work the numbers.

Have you looked into leasing? That would build your credit and put you in a new ride usually with less down and lower payments. Just a thought

Well im offering $4,500 down. Its only a $17,000 car too.

don't know man but i think you can get a better deal somewhere..what state u live in?

im having the same problem right now

im considering asking my aunt to co-sign for my car

i offered her $500 just to sign for my car but things keep getting in the way

Billy BloodBath wrote:

3) Drive a hard-bargain. When the dealer wanted 11.5 I think it was... I talked him down to 1. Then once he conceded to one... I bought the car in full. (I like messing with people)

laugh.gif

I have a good job, make decent money. Could EASILY pay monthly payments. But they hit me with a 18% interest rate and i would need to pay the car off for 72 months! The car isnt even NEW! Its all because i dont have a ocsigner or enough credit. I dont have bad credit, just not enough.

roll.gif
sick.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

your being your own enemy. if its a 17k car, whats wrong with paying for it over time? your just going to boost your credit score. unless your buyingyour car to sell it.

You might have to save a little bit more money and put down a bigger down payment.

Originally Posted by RECOGNIZE GAME

tell them your screen name ChaBillionaire2, it might help.
Failed for like 3 seconds ..then couldn't help but laugh
laugh.gif
roll.gif

A 2006 malibu.
Man hells no. You ain't doin nuthin but payin the intrest on that mutha. If ya credit ain't to good it still shouldn't be that much down.If your credit ain't enough to get that joint..go to another lot...like one of them private lots. you'll get somethin better for like 1500 down. Go oncarmax bro...easy.. I know bad credit cats (my brother) Jumped off in a 18,000 Charger for like 2,500 down
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Billy BloodBath

Why do some of you people post trash to boost your post count? The stuff you post has little to no relevance/purpose to the thread... but that one extra post in your name screams for you to do so? Some of you people are pitiful.

Either way:

1) Get a cosigner - that will lighten the payment load in the future

2) Throw a bigger down payment - this also doesn't guarantee a lightened load... but you'll have a bit of leeway in the end

3) Drive a hard-bargain. When the dealer wanted 11.5 I think it was... I talked him down to 1. Then once he conceded to one... I bought the car in full. (I like messing with people)

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask.

Get over it, it's niketalk... You cant possibly expect to get 10 serious answers out of 10 posts....

you do have other options you know

1. save up more money and pay cash
2. go to a BANK or credit union and get an autoloan...don't rely on the dealer's financing

Back
Top Bottom