why is it such a sin to say anyone will be better than Michael Jordan?

Stop it. If he didn't disappear they win that series. They were about to go up 2 0 until he wanted to start the celebration early. He disappeared. There's no way to explain that series away. What does dirk have to do wih lebron not scoring in the 4th quarter. YOU go back and watch.

I really can't believe some of the arguments people reach for...

Negative points against bron b/c he took Larry Hughes to the finals against one of the all time greatestcoaches and GREATEST PF of all time...

And because he isn't the top post defender ... even though he'll clamp damb near any perimeter player... a la d rose... :lol:

People brush over the fact that NOBODY ON EARTH was stopping Dirk nowitzki last finals... NOBODY ...

I hate how good the mavs play just gets swept under the rug in the series. Go back and watch...

What current NBA player would have stopped Dirk that playoff run??

Listen nobody loves the Mavs more than me but dude was the 4th or 5th best player on floor during that series.

He got outplayed by Shawn Marion for the series and Jason Terry games 3-6.

Dirk was Dirk

Since when did Dirk put the clamps on anybody in the fourth quarter? Lebron let Jason Terry talk ****, and then let him back it up

Ultimately, its ridiculous to compare what a player MIGHT accomplish to what Jordan DID.

It is entirely possible that LeBron could one day have the hardware to match Jordan. Its possible he could have the MVPs. Its possible that he could have the rings. He already has the Gold Medals.

What Bron will never be able to say is that he is undefeated in the Finals. He will never be able to say that he always raises the level of his play in the Finals and carries his team. He will never be able to say he took his team from good to a champion, rather than jumping ship to chase rings.

I dont think Bron will ever surpass MJ as the greatest player of all time, but I dont think that its impossible for some player to eventually overtake MJ's crown.

Last edited:
Ultimately, its ridiculous to compare what a player MIGHT accomplish to what Jordan DID.

It is entirely possible that LeBron could one day have the hardware to match Jordan. Its possible he could have the MVPs. Its possible that he could have the rings. He already has the Gold Medals.

What Bron will never be able to say is that he is undefeated in the Finals. He will never be able to say that he always raises the level of his play in the Finals and carries his team. He will never be able to say he took his team from good to a champion, rather than jumping ship to chase rings.

I dont think Bron will ever surpass MJ as the greatest player of all time, but I dont think that its impossible for some player to eventually overtake MJ's crown.

Very well said kudos

Lebron James, if he had even put up an average performance :lol:

I'm a Mavs fan so I've come to expect the worst from my team. 2006, 2007 2010.

I always set my self up to be disappointed but real talk when JET hit that 3 in Lebron's face in Game 5 I knew they were broken.

I don't even remember all of Game 6 because I got so hammered in the first half because I had no doubts the Mavs would win that game.

With Mike you never felt that safe.

Sidebar: That was actually a relatively close game :lol:

Last edited:
Lebron James, if he had even put up an average performance :lol:

I'm a Mavs fan so I've come to expect the worst from my team. 2006, 2007 2010.

I always set my self up to be disappointed but real talk when JET hit that 3 in Lebron's face in Game 5 I knew they were broken.

I don't even remember all of Game 6 because I got so hammered in the first half because I had no doubts the Mavs would win that game.

With Mike you never felt that safe.

Sidebar: That was actually a relatively close game :lol:
Maan.. the thing is, I had been a Lebron "hater" since he did my Wizards in back in the day. But honestly, during that Finals against the Mavs I genuinely felt sorry for dude. I was like wth is going on, is he okay? It was probably the weirdest thing I've ever seen from a superstar player.

The Mavs had great team defense, but it wasn't like Terry and Kidd were strapping him up hardbody and he couldn't do anything. Dude was just mentally holding himself back.

Lebron was quite literally the anti-Jordan in that series. It was weird.

I think this right here puts the discussion at a close.

Very well said, my man.

Back
Top Bottom