Why is NIKE so STINGY with the ZOOM?!?

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

Originally Posted by BUMSLIE2U

A solid, firm material is more responsive than a flexable cushioned one. As you increase the cushion, you decrease the stability. Heel cushion is great in most cases, but for lateral cuts and stops your foot should be postioned on a material with as little movement as possible. Which makes sense why the Zoom Air is missing from the forefoot of those shoes. Also; Zoom Air is really really old. I remember in the 80's Nike called it "Tensile Air" and was found in a hand full of running shoes. Zoom Air hit the Jordan line with the release of the Play-Off XII's. Taxis had very dated encapsulated heel cushion and forefoot cushion seperate. But my Taxis feel like they never had any forefoot cushion.

I can see your point, but why is the Zoom BB (with full length Zoom) held to the highest degree of performance, Basketball wise? I would throw the Jordan XIX's in there too. (Full-Length + Double Stacked in heel)

u really need to play in the Zoom BB 1 Mids to know how great they feel... it's a combination of a low profile, full length zoom midsole with a cleanlightweight upper that makes it a great performance shoe for gaurds and slashers. The thing the Zoom BB1 Mid lacks is a carbon fiber shank... but hey... ucan't have everything right? I just don't understand why theres so much of a focus on Heel air... coz when u play ball, and u jump and land don't uusually land on your forefoot first? i know i do!!

Zoom Air hit the Jordan line with the release of the Play-Off XII's. Taxis had very dated encapsulated heel cushion and forefoot cushion seperate. But my Taxis feel like they never had any forefoot cushion.

Is this true? My OG Taxi XII's cushioning is rock hard.

Nike does need to use Zoom Air more. I'm not a fan of forefoor only or heel only - but I guess it's been saving me some money. Lunar foam or Phylonjust doesn't cut it in responsive feeling and long term durability. Zoom Air might be more expensive, but some of these shoes that are missing it areequally more expensive, and deserve to have it. If a shoe like the Zoom Drive which had an MSRP of $90 had both forefoot and heel Zoom Air, why can'tothers?

I still wish that the Hyperdunk and Kobe IV had forefoot Zoom... and am hoping (but doubtful) that the Kobe V's do too.

Originally Posted by Ramarqable

Originally Posted by Kadilac7

Originally Posted by BUMSLIE2U

A solid, firm material is more responsive than a flexable cushioned one. As you increase the cushion, you decrease the stability. Heel cushion is great in most cases, but for lateral cuts and stops your foot should be postioned on a material with as little movement as possible. Which makes sense why the Zoom Air is missing from the forefoot of those shoes. Also; Zoom Air is really really old. I remember in the 80's Nike called it "Tensile Air" and was found in a hand full of running shoes. Zoom Air hit the Jordan line with the release of the Play-Off XII's. Taxis had very dated encapsulated heel cushion and forefoot cushion seperate. But my Taxis feel like they never had any forefoot cushion.

I can see your point, but why is the Zoom BB (with full length Zoom) held to the highest degree of performance, Basketball wise? I would throw the Jordan XIX's in there too. (Full-Length + Double Stacked in heel)

u really need to play in the Zoom BB 1 Mids to know how great they feel... it's a combination of a low profile, full length zoom midsole with a clean lightweight upper that makes it a great performance shoe for gaurds and slashers. The thing the Zoom BB1 Mid lacks is a carbon fiber shank... but hey... u can't have everything right? I just don't understand why theres so much of a focus on Heel air... coz when u play ball, and u jump and land don't u usually land on your forefoot first? i know i do!!
I felt like the zoom in the 2k4s was better...... the zoom bb 1's was way too thin and lacked impact protection. And there is so much of afocus on heel air because, most people dont walk/run on there toes (youre really not supposed to if you do, cause youre asking for shin-splints) and im quitesure people walk/run more than they jump.

Remarqable: Like stated however, the Zoom needs to perform upon TRANSITION, which is why the forefoot lacks the Zoom Air in alot of cases.The Zoom Acts as a platform to launch during high speed cuts to the basket or generally small guards. Even if you land on your forefoot first, the Zoomisn't designed for impact cushioning like that. If you're concerned with the impact cushioning rather than support for high speed heel to toetransitions, move to Air Max.

Originally Posted by chatta718

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

are there any hoop shoes with full length Zoom?. I Remember some one on here took apart the Zoom BB and found its in the heel and forefoot

all of the lbj line is double stacked

Not ALL of the Lebron line has double stacked Zoom Air...

The Air Zoom Generations had an encapsulated Air-Sole Unit in the heel.

Originally Posted by chatta718

Originally Posted by BostonThreeParty

are there any hoop shoes with full length Zoom?. I Remember some one on here took apart the Zoom BB and found its in the heel and forefoot

all of the lbj line is double stacked

not true.

personally zoom is great but it breaks down too quickly for me (Lbj 2 n 3)

and running shoes its nice at first but Air Max is what i have the comfort using.

edit: and zoom causes my feet to go numb...

Originally Posted by J2Legend

Remarqable: Like stated however, the Zoom needs to perform upon TRANSITION, which is why the forefoot lacks the Zoom Air in alot of cases. The Zoom Acts as a platform to launch during high speed cuts to the basket or generally small guards. Even if you land on your forefoot first, the Zoom isn't designed for impact cushioning like that. If you're concerned with the impact cushioning rather than support for high speed heel to toe transitions, move to Air Max.

Thats probably why i like the bb1s so much because of the excellent response when cutting and quick lateral movements

I mean I love zoom air in the heel and forefoot as much as the next man, the full-length zoom + double stack combo in the AJ XVIII's was incredible ( otherthan the fact that the insole, with the carbon, kept moving about when you played
tired.gif
and you felt high off the ground)
Regardless I also enjoy/love Max in the back and Zoom in the front e.g. KG III's with the "Tuned" air in the heel and Zoom in theforefoot
pimp.gif

I tell you what though, the zoom air in the Air Zoom Vomero's make it my favorite everyday runner.
pimp.gif

The one thing I HATE is when it starts to "bottom-out". It has happen to me in all my pairs of Zoom Turbines and 2 pairs of Flightposite1's
mad.gif
Felt like I was going straight the outsole

I've heard from a lot of people the the Air Max Lebron VII Was going to have Max Air with a layer of zoom cushioning, but some one said it wasn't goingto have zoom at all.

can someone confirm this?

BUMSLIE2U wrote:

So is this the reason i could jump out of the gym when i wore my black and red xii's back in 97,and not at all with my taxis and obsidian's?

YEAH! Nike is too stingy with the ZOOM! They need to put that stuff in everything they make! Compression shorts with ZOOM, hell! Why not start making Nikecondoms featuring ZOOM AIR as well! ZOOM ZOOM ZOOM!

I personally dug the Hyperdunks featuring the lunar foam, WAAAAAYYYYY better than zoom air anything. What may be the greatest thing for your feet, just may aswell be a pain in the foot for someone else and Nike knows this. Also, the stupidity in thinking that zoom sets a price point can be easily trumped, simply byseeing the many lower end Nike shoes featuring this cushioning setup last season.

Also, the stupidity in thinking that zoom sets a price point can be easily trumped, simply by seeing the many lower end Nike shoes featuring this cushioning setup last season.
besides the beginning, seems to have a point.

Back
Top Bottom