Why is Niketalk a place of destination for you?

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

diversity.

and, to be honest, kinda helps me feel young.
Odd, I've always felt Niketalk has always had a more mature vibe compared to a site like ISS. It might not seem that way seeing how much general provides the lulz and is crazy sometimes
laugh.gif
but it just has that feel like there's more grown people here I guess.

I'm only 18 but sometimes I just see the dudes on ISS or whatever and I just can't frequent the general section over there (I've probably gone to their gen. section 3-4 times).

I've been trying to figure that out since 2005 but while on here i've established alot of connects while being on here.

Originally Posted by CWrite78

I have yet to find another community that is as active as nt. I'm a member of some tech forums and none move as fast as nt on it's slowest day.

The misc.

I have yet to find another community that is as active as nt. I'm a member of some tech forums and none move as fast as nt on it's slowest day.

It used to be for sneakers. Now I come in for General topics and S&T.

I come and browse the first three pages of General and post in S&T in any topics concerning point guards and the Chicago Bulls.

My favorite thing in general are photoshop threads and joke threads.  Not too many of those lately. 
frown.gif

NikeTalk has the most variety of any website that I am familiar with. It is all included in the same website.

My top reasons for frequenting NT:
1. Jordan/Nike release information
2. General Jordan/JB discussion
3. General Forum topics (great for a laugh/information; as many have said, there's as much going on in here as my FB Newsfeed it seems, haha)
4. Sports Forum
5. Marketplace (used to be something I looked at a lot more)

If I actually lived in a bigger city/area, I would definitely be in the Regional Forum section as well... but Boise doesn't really have a thread (or section for that matter; I guess Pacific Northwest).

As I said though, it's probably more about the familiarity with this place. I've been here for 8 years (plus more before that), and never plan on leaving. Obviously, I haven't posted a ton of stuff, but I try stay up on all of the inside jokes/huge threads/"trends"/etc. because it always seems to be stuff that I'm into.

NT is a great community, and will always be my favorite destination on the WWW.

Originally Posted by zapatohead408

Originally Posted by ninjahood

this is my internet home, can't say that for any other place...(facebook, twitter, etc)
/thread
That is actually true , NT really is our internet home , think about it ? 

I used to come here for sneaker knowledge back in HS, which was around early to mid 2000s for me. It was always the Nike and General section for me. My sneaker nerding days are long gone but I still frequent the General section just as hard. Believe it or not, I find NT to be a pretty good site for current events. Some of you cats are quick to post up some interesting articles. Of course, the trolling and lulz on here are just as entertaining.

I have yet to find another community that is as active as nt.   
With the exception of HF Boards  ^ this is the reason I have stuck around too.

Originally Posted by Wilroc

Originally Posted by TimCity2000

diversity.

and, to be honest, kinda helps me feel young.
Odd, I've always felt Niketalk has always had a more mature vibe compared to a site like ISS. It might not seem that way seeing how much general provides the lulz and is crazy sometimes
laugh.gif
but it just has that feel like there's more grown people here I guess.

I'm only 18 but sometimes I just see the dudes on ISS or whatever and I just can't frequent the general section over there (I've probably gone to their gen. section 3-4 times).
i'm 33, lol....

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Where else could I interact with the likes of ninjahood within the confines and safety of my socioeconomic class, neighborhood, and multi-room home?

Pretty much this.

Originally Posted by Mitchellicious

Originally Posted by Je Ne Sais Quoi

Where else could I interact with the likes of ninjahood within the confines and safety of my socioeconomic class, neighborhood, and multi-room home?

Pretty much this.
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

Back
Top Bottom