Why Is Sex/sexuality so taboo?

Originally Posted by JordanHead2

Originally Posted by failedtakeover

its alright man we know its you and you just posted "your" problem hoping to get advice
*looks at sn*

failed
This dude can never try and clown anybody cuz his sn is such an easy target
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

Advice to failedtakeover, stop while youre ahead
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by an dee 51o

In all honestly, it's not really even that much of a taboo subject any more. I mean, look at the type of things they have on TV nowadays. You have a show like Gossip Girl basically centering around the promiscuity of high schoolers. The only thing that continues to be off-limits is probably incest.
I'm not talking about being promiscuous because alot of people have got that down. I'm talking about transvestites & swinging orthat type of stuff. In all honesty as long as everyone is consenting safe why is this stuff kept behind closed doors?

You're right Kryk...

Originally Posted by joshhassolex

this country was founded by prudes

Qft!!!!! But damn I think it's looked down upon in our society, because our society is based on morals and being a ****** or swinger is bad morals at leastin America. To be be honest how the hell do you tell your kids they pops is a bi cross dresser or mom and dad were once getting down with the whole city.

Your kids don't need to know everything their parents are doing as far as sex. If they ask questions you should answer them but there's no need to sitthem down and tell them daddy likes to wear mommy's dresses while they have sex with other married people.

Originally Posted by shortydoowopp

how is it a contradiction..

I understand what you were gettin' @ now ... it's like it is b/c ... it's just what we are ALL taught growing up. Guys date girls, girls date guys. Guys dress this way. The same w/ swinging ... we are taught that you get married, have sex for the rest of your life w/ this person and then you die. B/c TS/TV, swinging, etc. contradict this ppl tend to try to ignore it ... and they will continue until it's as wide spread as homosexuality. The same way homosexuality was taboo until it got so widespread that it was impossible to ignore it. If that made sense.

I'm not talking about being promiscuous because alot of people have got that down. I'm talking about transvestites & swinging or that type of stuff. In all honesty as long as everyone is consenting safe why is this stuff kept behind closed doors?

You're right Kryk...
People will always try to separate each other into groups and categorize each other. Dichotomies are formed because people are shoved into onegroup or another, and one of the groups is normally labeled as "normal" and the other as "weird" or "different." Whether ishomosexuality, cross-dressing, swinging or whatever, the "normal" group will always want to label people who are different as deviants.

I'm going to reserve judgement until I attend a swinger party, I've gotten invites but to be honest I don't know if I could ever do it. You have toask someone who has been in the swinger lifestyle for a min, it's more than here have sex with my wife, there are rules and such, speaking of which, anyswingers on NT?

Ok the don't ask don't tell rule, but still it's the principle how many wives you know would be cool with their husband being a bi drag queen, yousaid it your self that you wouldn't go for it. Now that swiger shhhhh is in some other stuff, I wouldn't want another man so much as undressing mywoman with his eyes let alone F_ ing her, juvenile said it best " boy look N_ ain't playing games no mo, N_ will bust ya head if you bang his H_"

Ok, but the number of people that approve are out numbered by the people that do not approve. It's just like what andee 51o said and in this case the onesthat approve of this are (wierd) and the people that do not approve are(normal) and being that normal is what people are "use to" they will putthemselves on a high mountain to judge those who are on the ground

Originally Posted by 703 Hwy

I'm going to reserve judgement until I attend a swinger party, I've gotten invites but to be honest I don't know if I could ever do it. You have to ask someone who has been in the swinger lifestyle for a min, it's more than here have sex with my wife, there are rules and such, speaking of which, any swingers on NT?

I'm not sure what actually defines a swinger. I've done it before ... would never do it with my current gf or my future wife though ...

To the OP your whole paragraph is one big contradiction.

I felt so too. Because at the start you seemed to be saying like whats wrong with these guy? Like why is he a bi drag queen? I wonuld never let something likethat happen blah blah blah. But at the end you were like why does this guy have to hide what he does or feel bad about what hes doing?? As long as hes gettingthe job done at home.

Idk if what Im saying is entirely accurate. Im having a hard time trying to explain

SpeakUp23 wrote:
shortydoowopp wrote:

^how?

I felt so too. Because at the start you seemed to be saying like whats wrong with these guy? Like why is he a bi drag queen? I wonuld never let something like that happen blah blah blah. But at the end you were like why does this guy have to hide what he does or feel bad about what hes doing?? As long as hes getting the job done at home.

Idk if what Im saying is entirely accurate. Im having a hard time trying to explain

I have no problem with what he does. If I were to meet him on the street and he was tellin me about his life I would listen and probably ask alot ofquestions. I'm just saying I don't want my husband to be into that. But I still don't feel like people like him should have to live in secrecy ifthat's what they enjoy. Does that make sense?

SpeakUp23 wrote:
shortydoowopp wrote:

I felt so too. Because at the start you seemed to be saying like whats wrong with these guy? Like why is he a bi drag queen? I wonuld never let something like that happen blah blah blah. But at the end you were like why does this guy have to hide what he does or feel bad about what hes doing?? As long as hes getting the job done at home.

I have no problem with what he does. If I were to meet him on the street and he was tellin me about his life I would listen and probably ask alot of questions. I'm just saying I don't want my husband to be into that. But I still don't feel like people like him should have to live in secrecy if that's what they enjoy. Does that make sense?
Eh I guess. Its late so nothing really makes sense to me right now
smh.gif
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

Ok, but the number of people that approve are out numbered by the people that do not approve. It's just like what andee 51o said and in this case the ones that approve of this are (wierd) and the people that do not approve are(normal) and being that normal is what people are "use to" they will put themselves on a high mountain to judge those who are on the ground
This mindset is what's terrible about america. Anything different becomes something evil or inhumane of just not right. This is the same thingthat went on during segregation and slavery.Now we talk about equality yet pick and choose who is equal to us.

I'd also like to add the fact that a lot of people are ignorant has to do with it.They try to use religion as there case that it just isn't right.Orthat it's a sin but don't even realize why.They dont realize that us practicing safe sex is just as "sinful" as being a cross dressing #!#*sexual.

Edit:Wow now that's a curse?Case and point.

I'm not a cross-dresser.

I'm actually a really nice guy when you get to know me.

OP, how 'bout it?
smile.gif

Originally Posted by Wade187

Originally Posted by Keithahundred

Ok, but the number of people that approve are out numbered by the people that do not approve. It's just like what andee 51o said and in this case the ones that approve of this are (wierd) and the people that do not approve are(normal) and being that normal is what people are "use to" they will put themselves on a high mountain to judge those who are on the ground
This mindset is what's terrible about america. Anything different becomes something evil or inhumane of just not right. This is the same thing that went on during segregation and slavery.Now we talk about equality yet pick and choose who is equal to us.

I didn't say me, I said other people. To be real what other people do is not none of my concern, as long as it doesn't involve me I can careless. Iagree with you it is segregation and inequality, but it's America so ..... what do you expect

How is it a contradiction in what she's saying ?

As she was watching the show , she saw the way she viewed the whole situation .

She took a look back at herself & society &nd posed the question ,
and started questioning why does she as well as Americans think like this .

Back
Top Bottom