Why is the Heisman even a debate?

NAME-------CMP---ATT---YDS----CMP%----YDS/A--TD---INT-
Tim Tebow--173----255---2532---67.8------9.93----23---5----

NAME--------CAR---YDS---YPC---LONG---TD
Tim Tebow---170----718---4.2----25-----19

He could potentially throw for over 3000 yards and rush for over 1000. He is on pace to throw 30 td's and run for 25. He is curently tied for the all timelead in SEC rushing td's. He has also accounted for the most td's in sec history. He is on pace to break tim couch's record of yards gained. With4 more tds, he will break the NCAA record for most rushing td's by a QB (22). There are probably several other records he will break by seasons end if hestays healthy. He is putting up astronomical numbers in the toughest conference year in and year out. I don't think Tebow should be faulted for having ayoung defense with no experience.

I understand that the QB on the team with the best record is usually the favorite, but it isn't like the Gators are a bad team. They are currently 12thin the BCS with a great shot of finishing with 10 wins. With some luck (maybe a lot of luck) we could be a BCS at large team. If Tebow wasn't injured forthe UGA game, we could've (should've) won.

I am not taking anything away from Dixon. I think he is a great player, but to say he has had a better year then Tebow is stretching it.

Season isnt over, thats the nice thing about midseason "debates" and dudes supposedly not getting any love....it doesnt matter cause there are stillgames to play before any awards are handed out.

Tebow obviously is having a monster year though.

You're right. There isn't any question as to who will win it.

imo it should be glen dorsey...but aint no defensive lineman gonna win it so i dont care who does

chase daniel isn't getting much hype because he plays for missouri and he hasn't been apart of a big win.

1. Tebows a soph
2. Meyer keeps him in blowout games to pad his stats
3. He can't win any big games

Dennis Dixon hands down

He's not trying to pad his stats, we just don't have a running back that can hold the ball.

What's amazing is that if Jaison Williams could catch the ball, Dixon's stats would be better.

And if Bellotti kept him in the game when they're up buy 20+ he'd be getting better stats.

Stats aren't everything...

i.e. Harell at TTech, Ryan at BC, Brennan at HI...etc

Tebow is gonna be beat to hell by the SECCG or their Bowl Game....

Florida fans better hope Percy comes back soon....How your best rb gonna be a WR???? Where is Chris Rainey???

Sorry for the sidebar comments....

D-Dix for the Heisman....

if they were still in the race for the national championship, you could make a case for him, but the Heisman is too built on tradition. it almost always goesto the best player on a team that is in contention for the national championship. Tebow already had the adversity of him being a Sophomore to overcome (whichno Heisman winner has EVER been) and add to the fact he has 3 losses? he's out of the race.

with that said, he definitely is the best/most dominant player in college football this year. the only other player who really has an argument is D-Mac. i likeOregon, but if they had 3 losses, nobody would be campaigning for Dixon the way ppl are for Tebow. Dixon is definitely the front-runner now because his team isin contention for the championship, and because LSU doesn't have a player in a skill position with Heisman-like stats.

I agree.. He's dominating the toughest conference.. They aint in the Wac

pimp.gif

Tebow shouldnt get it. Doesnt Florida have 3 losses?
Yea he's probably good but usually heisman winners are on a great team.

Dixon for Heisman..

dre-
percy will be back, he just had the flu. we play him at running back for 2 reasons: 1. he is one of the top 3 playmakers in the country. 2. we dont have anyrunning backs. and rainey is redshirting after shoulder surgery.

how is tebow going to be beat to hell? all we have left is fau and you guys...

Reesing

When this guy starts playing teams that are worth mentioning...then we'll throw his name in there at the bottom.

Kansas has played nobody...absolutely nobody.
smh.gif
at people who think they should pass up Oregon/LSU with their
sick.gif
schedule.

I see Dixon winning it if they dont lose again before the heisman... which i dont see happening...

Originally Posted by dr funk 13

When this guy starts playing teams that are worth mentioning...then we'll throw his name in there at the bottom.

Kansas has played nobody...absolutely nobody.
smh.gif
at people who think they should pass up Oregon/LSU with their
sick.gif
schedule.
If they go undefeated, they will have beaten two Top 5 teams, and will absolutely pass Oregon...If they lose, there's no chance...

what if dixon loses one more game? then does it go to the next quarterback with the best record?

Back
Top Bottom