Why is the Heisman even a debate?

Tebow has 3 losses...NO way he wins. He's good of course but not this year. Gotta go to Dixon if Oregon doesn't lose again, it would be robbery if itwent to someone else; he's the most important player on arguably the best team in college football right now.

Honestly I don't see why everyone thinks Dixon should even get the Heisman over Stewart...

Kansas has played nobody...absolutely nobody.
smh.gif
at people who think they should pass up Oregon/LSU with their
sick.gif
schedule.
You keep hating, will keep winning.

I agree that Tebow has done more than anyone else but wins and losses still play a huge role and so does what year the player is in. But if it were stats aloneI would give Tebow the nod easily what he does is pretty amazing.

the Heisman is too built on tradition... That about sums it up. But if that were to change any year, it would be this year.

I'm NO FLORIDA FAN AT ALL, but Tebow is a beast. If they don't lose to Auburn, I think he probably gets it...

Look Man, I'm the biggest gator Nation Fan you'll ever come across, but in truth, the hands down best College football player in the country is DarenMacFadden without question. Tim is a monster and his numbers are gaudy, but he has 10 time the talent of the Arkansas team. Hell DMac plays QB for therazorbacks 20% of the time, splits carries with Felix Jones, has no passing game to compliment the offense and he's still unstopable in games facing 8 and9 man fronts. You can give the award to Tebow, Pat White, Dixon, or 10 other players with crazy numbers, but the best player in the country without question isMacFadden.

Honestly I don't see why everyone thinks Dixon should even get the Heisman over Stewart...

I wouldn't mind either one
laugh.gif

You keep hating, will keep winning.

With that schedule, you should be winning.

[table][tr][td]Date[/td] [td]Opponent[/td] [td]Result/Time[/td] [td]Record/Tickets[/td] [td]TV[/td] [/tr][tr][td]September 1[/td] [td]Central Michigan (6-4)[/td] [td]W 52-7[/td] [td]1-0 (0-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]September 8[/td] [td]Southeastern Louisiana (2-
glasses.gif

[/td] [td]W 62-0[/td] [td]2-0 (0-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]September 15[/td] [td]Toledo (5-5)[/td] [td]W 45-13[/td] [td]3-0 (0-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]September 22[/td] [td]Florida International (0-9)[/td] [td]W 55-3[/td] [td]4-0 (0-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]October 6[/td] [td]at No. 24 Kansas State (5-5)[/td] [td]W 30-24[/td] [td]5-0 (1-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]October 13[/td] [td]Baylor (3-
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]W 58-10[/td] [td]6-0 (2-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]October 20[/td] [td]at Colorado (5-6)[/td] [td]W 19-14[/td] [td]7-0 (3-0)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]October 27[/td] [td]at Texas A&M (6-5)[/td] [td]W 19-11[/td] [td]8-0 (4-0)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]November 3[/td] [td]Nebraska (5-5)[/td] [td]W 76-39[/td] [td]9-0 (5-0)[/td] [td]
[/td] [/tr][tr][td]November 10[/td] [td]at Oklahoma State (5-5)[/td] [td]W 43-28[/td] [td]10-0 (6-0)[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]November 17[/td] [td]Iowa State (3-
glasses.gif
[/td] [td]3:30 PM ET[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [td] [/td] [/tr][tr][td]November 24[/td] [td]No. 5 Missouri (9-1)[/td] [td]TBA[/td] [td]Tickets[/td] [/tr][/table]
Just
sick.gif

Kansas has a Terrible SOS.. like 117 out of 119 if im correct? but they have won all the games they should of...but truth be told, both Kansas fans and haterswill know if they are legit or not.. they play Missouri, and if they win out they will be undefeated going into the big XII championship... if they win theywill get a shot at a BCS..do they deserve a title shot?that remains to be seen.... they have to win out for that..!

Originally Posted by SEVEN654THREE

but why is i most heismans winners are a bust in the NFL?

i wanna know where this perception started, cause it's definitely not true. Heisman winners for the last 25 years:
[table][tr][td]1981[/td] [td]Marcus Allen[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,797[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1982[/td] [td]Herschel Walker[/td] [td]Georgia[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,926[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1983[/td] [td]Mike Rozier[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,801[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1984[/td] [td]Doug Flutie[/td] [td]Boston College[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]2,240[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1985[/td] [td]Bo Jackson[/td] [td]Auburn[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,509[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1986[/td] [td]Vinny Testaverde[/td] [td]Miami (Fla)[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]2,213[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1987[/td] [td]Tim Brown[/td] [td]Notre Dame[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,442[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1988[/td] [td]Barry Sanders[/td] [td]Oklahoma State[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,878[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1989[/td] [td]Andre Ware[/td] [td]Houston[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,073[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1990[/td] [td]Ty Detmer[/td] [td]Brigham Young[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,482[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1991[/td] [td]Desmond Howard[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [td]WR[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]2,077[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1992[/td] [td]Gino Torretta[/td] [td]Miami (Fla)[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,400[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1993[/td] [td]Charlie Ward[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]2,310[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1994[/td] [td]Rashaan Salaam[/td] [td]Colorado[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,743[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1995[/td] [td]Eddie George[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,460[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1996[/td] [td]Danny Wuerffel[/td] [td]Florida[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,363[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1997[/td] [td]Charles Woodson[/td] [td]Michigan[/td] [td]CB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,815[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1998[/td] [td]Ricky Williams[/td] [td]Texas[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]2,355[/td] [/tr][tr][td]1999[/td] [td]Ron Dayne[/td] [td]Wisconsin[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]2,042[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2000[/td] [td]Chris Weinke[/td] [td]Florida State[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,628[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2001[/td] [td]Eric Crouch[/td] [td]Nebraska[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]770[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2002[/td] [td]Carson Palmer[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]1,328[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2003[/td] [td]Jason White[/td] [td]Oklahoma[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,481[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2004[/td] [td]Matt Leinart[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]1,325[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2005[/td] [td]Reggie Bush[/td] [td]USC[/td] [td]RB[/td] [td]Jr.[/td] [td]2,541[/td] [/tr][tr][td]2006[/td] [td]Troy Smith[/td] [td]Ohio State[/td] [td]QB[/td] [td]Sr.[/td] [td]2,540[/td] [/tr][/table]
1 of them chose basketball over football, so he doesn't count. another retired from football before his career even really started. one was already 27years old when he entered the league. total, you have like 5 or 6 busts. Mike Rozier and Rashaan Salaam both had 2 or 3 decent seasons...and then you'vegot a bunch of pro-bowlers and a handful of HOF'ers. i definitely wouldn't qualify that as "mostly" busts...

I think we have a tendency to hone in on the negativity associate with winning the Heisman. A lot of people remember the busts almost more than the studs inthe League.

The reason why most Heisman winners are considered busts is because the Heisman is supposed to awarded to the best player in college football. So it'sassumed that most winners should be perennial Pro Bowler's if not HOFers. Not just having "one or two good seasons."

It's a pretty unfair expectation when it's really the voting system that should be criticized: If you lose two games, forget it; if you go to amid-major school, forget it; if you don't play QB or WR, good luck. The fact that Heisman candidates need a "campaign" is ridiculous when collegefootball analysts/voters get paid to watch games for a living. Their play on the field should speak for themselves, but that's rarely the case.

Tebow is definatley the front runner, but I am curious to see if the old fogies that do the Heisman voting would actually give the award to a TRUE sophomore.

Who knows....maybe Glenn Dorsey will jump into that top 4-5 range.

Back
Top Bottom