Why is there a seatbelt law?

This is just something I randomly think about sometimes but I don't understand how there is a mandatory seat belt law(and as of lately it is becoming strictly enforced)yet motorcycle riders don't have to wear a helmet. This really blows my mind. I would much rather wreck in a car with no seat belt then on a bike with no helmet. This makes no sense to me.
Discuss

This is just something I randomly think about sometimes but I don't understand how there is a mandatory seat belt law(and as of lately it is becoming strictly enforced)yet motorcycle riders don't have to wear a helmet. This really blows my mind. I would much rather wreck in a car with no seat belt then on a bike with no helmet. This makes no sense to me.
Discuss

i thought motorcycle riders did have to wear helmets
nerd.gif

Why? Because they lessen the chance of the occupants being ejected from the car in a crash.

Go google car accidents. Turn safe search off. Enjoy.

Why? Because they lessen the chance of the occupants being ejected from the car in a crash.

Originally Posted by CHRISblazinNJ

Isn't that the drivers prerogative?

Originally Posted by do work son

nerd.gif

Yeahh it depends on the states but most states do enforce that law. And OP dont worry motorcycle riders if something happens its on them not you. Buckle up dont be dumb, better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by do work son

nerd.gif

Yeahh it depends on the states but most states do enforce that law. And OP dont worry motorcycle riders if something happens its on them not you. Buckle up dont be dumb, better safe than sorry.

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

are you defending not wearing a seat belt on the basis that the driver just flat out might not want to wear one?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by JimiLebowski

are you defending not wearing a seat belt on the basis that the driver just flat out might not want to wear one?
grin.gif

So you dont fly out the car and kill me. I couldnt care less if the person not wearing one dies. I dont want to go with them.

Back
Top Bottom