Why is this not the best dunk of all time

Originally Posted by 5am6oody72

I don't even think that is one of Dr. J's ten best dunks. I will never understand what people think is so great about this dunk? The fact that Michael Cooper is in the way? I mean it's cool that he cocked it back or whatever, but nobody really even contested it and it wasn't that emphatic or anything. I can probably think of 50-100 dunks that I like better than this one. Hell, Stromile Swift has had better in game dunks than this.
What? Call me gay, but the only way to describe that dunk is "SEXY". Like, when dude cuffed that ball, it looked like what soul musicsounds like and soul food tastes like. Does that even make sense? No. But still. Poetry in motion isn't even cliche in regards to that dunk. Dude put allthe essence of everything cool about the 70s, Negroes, and B-ball into one flawless, swag-tight jam
pimp.gif

...Just like Pippen put everything gritty about the 90s, __s, and Hoopz into his jam on Ewing. Some dunks just epitomize the feelings of the time.

...and lastly, Lebron could do every dunk Vince did in that contest...

DearWinter219:
Lebron could do every dunk Vince did in that contest...
I definitely disagree. Look at the dunks LeBron does in games and the dunks Vince did in games in the beginning of his career. Vince was doingwindmills and flying through the air with crazy acrobatics before dunking and all kinds of foolishness before he won his first contest.

LeBron does his powerful tomahawk 93 times a season and people are in amazement at his hops; I'm in amazement at his hops. He does his one-handed tomahawkwith his head freaking 3 feet above the rim. I can respect that. But just because he can jump out of the building doesn't mean he has the same aerialcapabilities as someone like Vince.

y'all can say whatever you want but it's pretty obvious that VC has the best dunk of all time, at the olympics.. no one can ever top that. the stage itwas on, the height of frederic weiss and the explosiveness of VC.. and KG's reaction

Originally Posted by Xtapolapacetl

Originally Posted by RellNye

Originally Posted by calibeebee

actually a lot of people do consider it the best dunk of all time.
Who's a lot of people?

This >>>>>>> that
http://www.youtube.com/v/mt001pBcwjM&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999

People who are old enough to get a driver's license and can see the difference between an NBA finals dunk and a streetball game.
I didn't know we were judging the quality of a athletic move on Where they did it.

Wither it be streetball, or NBA, it certainly should be considered one of the best dunks, may not be as relevant, but it should be considered one if itsbrought up.

Originally Posted by alejanz28

Always thought this was one of the best dunks i have ever seen.��

always thought that was overrated.

call me a hater or bulls fan or whatever, but this is soo hyped up becasue jordan is in the picture and it often referred to as "starks dunking OVERboth jordan and grant" which he clearly did not. maybe grant but jordan was just in the picture jumping by. oh illegal screen by PE too hahahaha i guessthe signifcance of the game played a big part as well.

When you have VC and Shawn doin reverse windmills in games on people, then it's hard to say a regular windmill on someone running by you the best dunk ofall time...

^ I have probably watched that at least 2 dozen times a year since it first happened in '00, and every single time, I'm just as disgusted as when Ifirst saw it.

That was just... I mean, that was 9 years ago, I've seen it a hundred times, and I still watch it in disbelief, like it didn't happen.
laugh.gif

swooshdude wrote:
Jules300 wrote:
because pippen over ewing is way better

QFT

YUP! This dunk had so much more too it!
pimp.gif

1) The Defense on the other end
2) The transition game (the�fast break)
3) The pass and then the DUNK!
4) Then he clearly swings at Ewing on the way down
5) Then he walks over him�like�
grin.gif

6) Walks away with swag!�not even making eye contact with Ewing
7) And the tells Spike Lee to "sit your ##* down"

EDIT: Can you %**#* that make threads learn�to�embed the **%%!@$ video! please
People are at work browsing NT!

��

it might be the best dunk in t-mac's career... but not best of all time, cause if it was people would at least have a video of it! besides i'm rightand you are wrong

Craftsy21 wrote:
�the main ones i'm referring to are the between the legs bounce and the 360 windmill - the elbow was cool but not that unreal. But either way, I think they pretty rare in that nothing else I've seen in college or pro dunk contests has really come close now in the 10 years since he did them.

:40 seconds in

��

Nastiest dunk ON someone in a game has to be the following:

I mean come on, this has everything you can ask for in a poster.� No BS alley-oop or oops I caught you by surprise crap.� Nifty behind-the-back dribble, andjust straight up ownage of a dominant shot-blocker after the contact.� It should have been an and-1
laugh.gif

good lord that Pippen over Ewing dunk was straight viscous. It felt like Pippen was throwing rocks at Ewings mom or something. Like getting baptised orsomething. That doesn't mean it is the best dunk ever but
pimp.gif
nevertheless.

Back
Top Bottom