Why Lloyd Banks isnt bigger than he already is is beyond me.

This guy is a BEAST. I blame 50. I feel as though hes holding him back. Only 2 albums? This guy should put out at least 4 by now. He is by far the best rapperin that trash called G-Unit.
smh.gif

it aint 50 fault....banks is a grown !!$ man...people been sayin 50 "holdin him back" since the beginning...

but yeah...i used to mess with banks and the unit heavy

Man how 50 holdin these dudes back when he is the one that put em on in the first place?

Banks is my N_ since waay back...

But it takes more than punchlines to make ''GOOD'' music...

I do think Hunger For More was a good album though....

Banks is a great rapper, but hes been fallin off. ive heard his last couple songs, on mixtapes or whatnot. dude sounds like a average rapper. he doesnt raplike the way he used to. and 50 aint holding him back

He changed his flow a little and it sucks....problem wit banks is son is makin money just

Doin shows wit 50 and yayo...da "hunger for more" just isn't there.

Da fact he does zero features aint helpin him either...

Originally Posted by ninjahood

He changed his flow a little and it sucks....problem wit banks is son is makin money just

Doin shows wit 50 and yayo...da "hunger for more" just isn't there.

Da fact he does zero features aint helpin him either...

Banks' problem is his lack of feature appearences (as stated above) and he don't sound any different than most Gangsta rap. no appeal... but he has aCRAP TON of mixtapes.... its just that his material doesnt stand out. its un-original.

Yea its a shame. I bought The Hunger for More. Surprisingly theres some people that I've heard say it was whack. But I thought it was cool.

you people dont know what you are talking about!! go LISTEN to the 5 and better mixtape series and then come back and post ,lets see then.

cold corner mixtape
return of the plk mixtape
elephant in the sand mixtape
return of the body snatchers mixtape

and you ppl say that the dude:

a. isn't hungry anymore?
b. fell off.
c. was a beast
d. nothing special
e. all of the above.

please.

exhibit a:

also:

that mixtape was dope too.� 4/30/09 mixtape. double cd of heat.

Well banks 2nd album didn't go gold and was like disc 2 of his first one. Label wise they most likely didn't like that.

Banks can spit hard... But... he can't make a song like that.

Plus, Label wise there gonna want em 50 to drop first than the rest of people.

After 50 i'm sure it will be banks turn

But banks doesn't really have a buzz like that. Do yall really see him selling out tours solo???

any dude that likes ny hip hop...should love this guy. he's one of the only ppl left still making it. the beats are gritty, the hooks are gritty and hisflow is gritty. his subject matter is gritty. the bars are there. i don't see the problem.

dude can make songs now (not that he couldn't before). its all there on those tapes. he needs better marketing. i'm sure what eastcoast is saying iscorrect. his second album bombed because the first version got leaked and he wasn't motivated to make the second (his dad died, the whole making a wholealbum again after just finishing the one that was supposed to come out, etc.).

banks is capable of making a hit, easily, IMHO. the lack of guest appearances on other ppl's stuff is hurting him tho, IMHO.

Back
Top Bottom