Why the Hell does Nike only make retros up to size 15???

I mean what the hell?
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

I wear a 16/17 so NO: Air flight 95's, Penny's, Pippen's, Dunks, P-Rods ETC. These are all BASKETBALL SHOES, made for BASKETBALL PLAYERS, who tendto be tall. So why does Nike crap on consumers who have the SAME PHYSICAL ATTRIBUTES AS THOSE WHO REPRESENT THEIR PRODUCT?

Sorry, I'm just venting. I rarely come to this board, usually only in Jordan Brand or Nike (Both make up to size 18), just confused and frustrated on this.I'm sick of Ebay being the ONLY place to get these shoes, and they are all OG and pop up once or twice every couple years. (Seriously, I have yet to findPenny 1s in anything over 15, although I gots an icy pair of II's in a 16
wink.gif
)

Any insight or comments would be helpful. (Besides the obvious, "well there aren't that many dudes with big feet" which is becoming less trueevery day as our population gets bigger due to factors such as increased access to health care and nutrition.)

My feeling is that they are no longer considered "basketball shoes". They are more of a casual shoe due to their older technology in comparison tonewly released basketball shoes like the 2k4, 2k5s, HDs, Kobes, Lebrons, etc...

Yeah man,
Sadly Nike now markets these as "casual shoes" and some people claim they don't have the same cushioning, support, quality as the originalsand are not suitable for competitive play
frown.gif

actually to get your size you can have them ordered for you. try going to a niketown or HOH and have them place an order for you. i know niketown does it forsure.

You cannot order a size that's not even made in a certain model...

But I feel for you man. Just look on the bright side, its money saved.

Originally Posted by 23king24

actually to get your size you can have them ordered for you. try going to a niketown or HOH and have them place an order for you. i know niketown does it for sure.

Not to hurt your fellings but, after sz 14, it's just not considered "normal" anymore. But put it this way, you don't have to throw yourmoney away on shoes...
smile.gif

Originally Posted by never wear them

Not to hurt your fellings but, after sz 14, it's just not considered "normal" anymore. But put it this way, you don't have to throw your money away on shoes...
smile.gif

laugh.gif
@ the way you worded it

Originally Posted by issa3032

Yeah man,
Sadly Nike now markets these as "casual shoes" and some people claim they don't have the same cushioning, support, quality as the originals and are not suitable for competitive play
frown.gif

There's probably something in that. Some Retros fall so short of the original they may not even be durable enough for casual wear by those with large feet.

Not to seem racist , but you might want to blame the influx of smaller feet indicative to certain ethnicities....or you can blame economic conditions andbetter R&D. We (size 15) don't make up as large of a % of buyers as we used to. Companies in the past may have been in a better situation financiallyto take a risk on a few sizes that may or may not sell, but those days are gone. Sizes smaller than 7 generally have the same sell through as those 15 and up,but with the smaller sizes you now have an additional customer base (women) that can't be reached with the larger sizes. Hence styles being made in 6 or6.5, but not 16/17.
While tall people do generally have large feet and a lot do people basketball, there is as much if not more demand for casual shoes for these same people.

Originally Posted by never wear them

Not to hurt your fellings but, after sz 14, it's just not considered "normal" anymore. But put it this way, you don't have to throw your money away on shoes...
smile.gif
roll.gif

Originally Posted by 23king24

actually to get your size you can have them ordered for you. try going to a niketown or HOH and have them place an order for you. i know niketown does it for sure.
This is not entirely true. You can only get a special order in your size IF they made the run in large sizes. For example, try ordering the Jordan1 Hi Straps that just came out.. the run was only to 13, they will not order or "make" a 16 for you (they can't order what they don't haveand they won't make one shoe for average Joes... now if we had an NBA pedigree... they would make an exception).

I too wear a 16 and have complained on NikeTalk about this same issue for some time... So all those shoes you listed... its 15 only. Don't believe me,give it a shot, give Nike a call and see what they tell you. See my sig... it says it all.

there are plenty of folks who wear big sizes (myself included, size 15), but it ends up that nike just doesn't make our sizes available, and when they do,don't make nearly enough.

but for the size 16-17 OP, at least Nike Basketball is stepping up their game with their current rotation (hyperdunks, huarache 08, BB 2)

and i can tell you that the retro air max sensations do run kind of big, and you could probably scoop a pair for cheap

it's a basic supply and demand thing. there's really an insignificant percentage of the market that wears shoes that size so nike opts not to supplyit. you can see it on eastbay and even nike's websites that the huge sizes are usually going on sale for almost every model. i'm a size 10.0 whichusually means that it's available unless it's a hot shoe then 10 out of the 20 people ahead of me in line are going to want the 4 size 10s available.

The most logical reason is based on what's already been said. Nike considers these shoes as casual wear now, not technically basketball shoes. The vastmajority of the sizes over 14 end up in outlets; therefore, it doesn't make much fiscal sense for Nike to make big sizes, only to be forced to have themsit in factory stores waiting to sell at big discounts.

Originally Posted by lilhen18

The most logical reason is based on what's already been said. Nike considers these shoes as casual wear now, not technically basketball shoes. The vast majority of the sizes over 14 end up in outlets; therefore, it doesn't make much fiscal sense for Nike to make big sizes, only to be forced to have them sit in factory stores waiting to sell at big discounts.

Quoted for truth.

Sasquatch just doesn't hit the Nike outlets like he used to, so Nike is learning from it's mass-production mistakes.

theres a store near me that has lots of jordans, air forces, fusions, in size 16s that they marked down to $50 cuz they simply can't sell. they had xx3sfor $50
smh.gif

Back
Top Bottom