Why would anyone sign Asher Roth?

The only thing im gonna say is that alot of people in this thread i guarantee you havent heard alot of his stuff

Originally Posted by MayhemMonkey000

Originally Posted by FinesseSosa

illphillip wrote:

Y'all and your opinions are so adorable.

I look at the responses. And laugh. "I Love College" is Top 10 OVERALL on Itunes. Am I a fan? No. But this thread isn't about liking him. Dude
asking why anyone would sign him? There's your answer.

Sure his album might not move major units. He's a developing artist. They rarely move physical units on their debut these days. Established artists (TIP,
Wayne, Jay etc.) sell albums. But his single is selling something ridiculous. You may not like it. But you should be smart enough to understand it.

I think about the 300,000 people who clearly like it. Then I think of the same 30 dudes in here hating it. Mad at the world.

And that should tell you why anyone would sign him. Because he made at least one record that the majority of Americans can relate to. Regardless of what
Niketalk thinks.

If cats in the Music Business made records to make the 300 people on this forum happy, we'd all be homeless.

And didn't Jay want to sign him at one point? So maybe you should ask him.

I know y'all get mad when I hit you with the truth. I know it hurts. Flame away. I'm goooooooood.
laugh.gif
pimp.gif
dude said straight facts

Theres too many people on this board that think NT = Real Life .The way the music industry is also they looking for fresh faces like him even if YOU think he
is garbage.
Exactly, the music industry knows they can make some money off this kid. And if you're in college and you're at a party and this song comes on and it doesn't get you hyped there is something wrong with you.

so true. dudes on NT will never represent the world. everyone would be upside down and broke in the music industry if NT were music execs.

Back
Top Bottom