Will Comcast internet Guarantee your VI package? Or any midnight releases in general?

This may be a dumb question, but I have AT&T DSL Elite as my internet and I was lucky enough to get my pair of Motorsport VI's when they came out, but it took a long time and was lagging because the online traffic through the site was too high!

So, I know Comcast is hella faster, but I wanted to know if it would make a huge difference in having your place in line once you click that "Add to Cart" button to hopefully get your pair...

Any Comcast internet users out there that have always received a midnight release that they wanted?

Thanks for any answers to this post.

Nothing will "guarantee" you will get to order something that will sell out fast.

Your internet connection will not be the limiting factor in how fast you can get an order through. If you were trying to order through Eastbay for example their system will only be able to handle so much data at once. The amount of data your connection can pass will play no part in that.

The only way you should be at a dissadvantage would be if your connection to that particular site typically runs slow. If you can't refresh/reload the site fast under normal circumstances then yes you may not be able to catch the time they are added to the site as fast as someone with a faster connection.

Your computer itself could play a factor with some of the Flash intensive sites as well. My work laptop despises the Finishline website and bogs down whereas my personal laptop handles it just fine. That is the case using the same AT&T 3G data connection with both laptops.

yep, comcast wont guarantee anything. Though i must say, at&t dsl is the most unreliable ISP ever.

I can't believe what I just read
roll.gif

I think it matters cause I have 15Mb and I can get on webpages quicker than other people with smaller Mb's per second than I have. The faster your connection the fast you should be able to send info. By the way I don't have Comcast though i'm speaking from my experience with other reliable providers.  

it has nothing to do with how fast your connection is. Its the actual webserver that's the issue. The web server can only handle so many thousands of connections before it bogs down. Yes the computer itself and how fast your connection may play a small part, but the biggest bottleneck is the Eastbay/FNL webserver.

Ok thanks for the info yall. I know it won't "guarantee" but I figured it would give me a better shot at having clicked first. I really hope I get the Infrared pack tho.

Please close this thread if you have to!

Back
Top Bottom