Will Derek Rose Ever Be The Same Player? Vol. Penny & Grant Hill

G,

He has feeling but the response time isn't there.

For me I have more aches than pain.

But every so often, I'll do something and get a weird feeling

Hopefully I won't have knee replacement but its pretty much inevitable. Rather not have it bc of the increased odds of stroke due to blood clots.

Originally Posted by kix4kix

Honestly, was anyone surprised it happened though?
you smug son of a ....
mad.gif

Im confident D.Rose will make a full and speedy recovery. Basketball is this man's life, he'll go above and beyond to get back to his prime form. JR needs to stop being cheap and finally get D.Rose some competent help so he won't have to keep putting the team on his back.

I wish him the best but I don't think he'll ever be AS quick as he was, ACL is no joke

He'll still have quickness, but now he'll just have regular human quickness, not the superstar out of this world quickness he had before

Originally Posted by sthebest

you smug son of a ....
mad.gif

Im confident D.Rose will make a full and speedy recovery. Basketball is this man's life, he'll go above and beyond to get back to his prime form. JR needs to stop being cheap and finally get D.Rose some competent help so he won't have to keep putting the team on his back.

Those hard cuts he makes, really?

@%*+ y'all man. Dude gonna be good, this just gonna be time spent away from working on his jumper 
ohwell.gif

Originally Posted by sthebest

you smug son of a ....
mad.gif

Those hard cuts he makes, really?
He just has to learn to trust his body again and gain his confidence back. I know one thing though..this LoveaBull team (pun intended) is about to go through major roster changes over the next season too.
Its really a shame because had they stayed healthy, this team could have won a title and it would have been rewarding seeing as how they were constantly the underdogs.

Why do people get offended because people aren't surprised he got injured?

Just look how explosive he was, something was bound to happen eventually. Unfortunately it happened the way it did.

I think he will heal and recover fine, but it will take him a while to get back to be explosive like he used to be, if he ever does.

It's not just about healing, it's the mental part of it as well. Getting injured is always going to be in the back of his head from now on whenever he tries moves that he used to be able to do.

David West just recently said that he didn't feel like he was able to push the knee he injured until he buckled his knee earlier in the season in which he felt he should of gotten injured again, but he didn't. That let him know that he was able to do things that mentally he felt he couldn't do.

Word. Some of y'all are taking this way too personal. He will never be the same player he was before, Hell, he wasn't the same player this year he was the year before. He's going to have to adjust. No one is ever the same after an injury of this magnitude.

Originally Posted by xsalvioutlawx

Why do people get offended because people aren't surprised he got injured?

Just look how explosive he was, something was bound to happen eventually. Unfortunately it happened the way it did.

I think he will heal and recover fine, but it will take him a while to get back to be explosive like he used to be, if he ever does.

It's not just about healing, it's the mental part of it as well. Getting injured is always going to be in the back of his head from now on whenever he tries moves that he used to be able to do.

David West just recently said that he didn't feel like he was able to push the knee he injured until he buckled his knee earlier in the season in which he felt he should of gotten injured again, but he didn't. That let him know that he was able to do things that mentally he felt he couldn't do.

laugh.gif
at something being "bound to happen." Tons of players in the league make that same slashing, jump stop move 10s of times a game with no issue. It's not something that can be predicted really. Monta Ellis going to tear his acl next? When?

Originally Posted by CoupeIt88

Word. Some of y'all are taking this way too personal. He will never be the same player he was before, Hell, he wasn't the same player this year he was the year before. He's going to have to adjust. No one is ever the same after an injury of this magnitude.

You do realize that Baron Davis tore his ACL at the end of his Frosh year at UCLA and came back just as explosive and quick right?

Nah you couldn't have known that.

All of this

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You do realize that Baron Davis tore his ACL at the end of his Frosh year at UCLA and came back just as explosive and quick right?

again, every individual is different.. so just cause one player made a complete recover and got better, doesnt mean the next player will do the same..

Originally Posted by Seymore CAKE

You do realize you're Sour as Hell right and it's clouding your rationality. 
Nah, you don't.

If I did have to predict someone who, I wouldn't be shocked, if they blew out an ACL though, I hate how Blake Griffin always spins one way, plants, and spins back the other while jumping, especially when he does it off 1 foot.

ACL injuries are painful as hell. Knee injuries in general SUCKKKK.

I think he'll still be a great player but players do get discouraged after a major injury.

People were not saying it before, so why say it now...
No point in saying you always knew when only a couple of you said it.

David West had the best post op knee the Pacers had ever seen, and this dude didnt think he was ready that speaks to the mental challenges Rose has.

Reason I'm not worried about Derrick being "done" or like Penny or Grant Hill is for the same reason his shot selection has become questionable at times. Dude wants a title for the land so bad he will do whatever in his power it takes. If that means laying back/ controlling the game in a different way til he thinks hes 100% he will do it. 

Penny rushed back for that 1998 ASG and wasn't quite the same, but looking at his situation his role changed and that played a part. He gets to Phoenix and is playing the traditional 2, when was Penny a traditional 2? nah.

Grant just had 2 sets of bad doctors til they finally figured out that they needed to let him re heal then he got MRSA.

By the time these dudes got healthy they were done, If Rose in the worst case sat 2-3 years the majority of the time w/o a re tear or cartilage/ Microfracture injuries he could still be the same guy within a year.

I'm not worried about the freak ACL, I'm worried about the nagging injuries, and he is going to heal for 8 months minimum and thats always good.

Back
Top Bottom