Will Eric Gordon be better or worse than Ben Gordon?

the similarities are astounding.

both around the same size, build, speed/quickness. both are great scorers and great outside shooters. both are pretty much chuckers. neither of them can playPG in the NBA, they have subpar passing skills and subpar handles for that. both are tweeners who are too short to be SGs, and don't have the skills to bePGs. both have the potential to be big-time players in the clutch.

but who do you guys think will have the better career? BG is averaging 20 PPG and 3 APG right now for a bad team, and he's basically a chucker whoisn't doing anything to help his team out. he's throwing up a lot of bad shots, not even thinking about distributing, and plays ZERO defense. i seeEric Gordon doing about the same thing.

and since we're talking about Eric Gordon... someone was saying he's a top 5 pick if he comes out this year. lol, thats laughable. how many tweenerguards are worth a top 5 pick? especially with all the other great players this year who actually have a legit position and have superstar potential. imo EricGordon's ceiling in the league is basically Ben Gordon, and nobody would take Ben Gordon with a top 5 pick looking back.

Great comparison but Eric wont be as good as Ben....IMO, they will have similar careers but Ben is a little better I would say

the concept of 'no a vs. b' (or any modified version thereof) is damn near incomprehensible to some people.

funny i was thinking about how eerily similar these two were the other day
laugh.gif

the concept of 'no a vs. b' (or any modified version thereof) is damn near incomprehensible to some people.

and one of those people is you... i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're probably the only person that sees this as Player A > Player B
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DOWNTOWN43

and one of those people is you... i'm gonna go out on a limb and say you're probably the only person that sees this as Player A > Player B
grin.gif

a: no way will e gordon be better bg7 is much more atlhetic

b: what are talking about? e gordon is a better atlhete and a better shooter.

a: you obviously know nothing, now way he could stay with bg7, and his j is not better.

ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC, ETC.

either way if its left unlocked, its left unlocked, i wont continue to argue in here.

well then its you who sees it that way. i agree, if you dont like the thread dont post.

I've only seen Eric Gordon play a few games but I don't see what the big deal about him is. Ben Gordon is more athletic and a better shooter. I'dbe stunned if Eric Gordon is a top 5 pick.

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Eric needs to stay at least another year.
Cosign

imo Ben Gordon hasnt even been able to really show his true talent on the bulls and i think on another team Ben Gordon cud easily b an allstar... Hopefully hecan get out of that Bulls uni cuz they r stacked with solid guard play

Wait, I thought Eric Gordon was 'as explosive as it gets'

ohwell.gif

I've never been as impressed with him as others.

as much as i love ben, dude is NOT gettin up lately... someone check the dunk stats, i dont think ben gordon has had a dunk all year..

that said, as of now i cant see eric gordon being as good as ben, but only time will tell, son does have some nice balance in the air/quick first step a la dwade

I think Eric has the potential to be better than Ben (especially if Eric stays another year) but I don't think he'll ever become a star in the NBA.

He will definitely be better than Ben Gordon. Last time I checked Ben Gordon sucks. Fool shoots like no other and is streaky as hell.

The better comparison is D wade but with a better jumper.

nah, i think BG is more spot on for the reasons i described.

Wade isn't a PG, but he at least tries to pass. he's a career 6 APG guy in the league, and in college he used to have 10-11 assist games.

Gordon has only had five games with more than 3 assists (4 four times and 6 once). clearly he doesnt even think about creating for others when he has the ballin his hands.

and Wade is so much more explosive and athletic than Gordon. and Gordon is more of a jumpshooter than a slasher like Wade. and one of Gordon's biggestasset is the 3 ball, Wade doesn't even shoot threes. so yeah, that comparison doesn't really hold water

He will be better than Ben.. Ben's shooting is nothing compared to Eric's and Eric can explode to the rim like no other. Eric is faster too than Ben.

To be fair,

Ben wasn't doing anything close to this his freshman year...

So EG does have time to get better and learn.

But I still don't see what's so special

Maybe but he can score anytime he wants. He can either slam it, lay it in, or more likely people will just foul him.

Ben has one of the best work ethics in the game. I feel as though the Bulls have stunted his growth. His game is better suited to a team with a fluidoffense/post threat.

Back
Top Bottom