will the simpsons have a proper ending?

So i started thinking about the way some of my favorite shows ended. (spoilers)

the wire- great way to wrap everything up
sopranos- I thought the ending was kind of lazy but i see why he did it. There was no way to please everybody.
malcom in the middle- great final episode
king of the hill - I don't think there was a real last episode
futurama- awesome last episode with the devil's hands and leela and fry
seinfeld- they all get arrested

Then I started to wonder if the simpsons will have a good send off. It's hard to argue that the show will go out on top (like seindfeld) but will thesimpsons end properly? will they end it with a movie? will homer die of a heart attack? Will they end it with just another random episode? Will we have a 15minute montage of every single character ever on the show? Will it be an hour long? Will it be a massive event, or will the series end on a whimper?

and when?

I doubt it.
frown.gif

Another movie would be good though.
pimp.gif

Could have had a few good endings the last few years if it was to get canceled or end. The most recent was the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind episode.

Originally Posted by Lazy B

Could have had a few good endings the last few years if it was to get canceled or end. The most recent was the Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind episode.
yeah that was a really good one. That's the thing, each season has like 2 excellent episodes, 2 great ones, and the rest are average orsub-par. they need to recruit their old writers for the last season. Somone needs to call conan for an episode.

The show should have ended a long time ago. Shame what they did to a amazing show. I cringe watching the new episodes.

There was a Treehouse of Horror episode where Homer gets sucked into a vortex. Then he goes into a black hole and ends up in the "real" world. Theend of the episode you see him walking around on a street as a 3D cartoon character.

I thought it would be cool if the show ended that way....where they find a portal into our world or we into their world.

Hopefully, they don't go with the "Teen" route as a way to continue the show. It's funny how Showstry to stay alive by having their characters all grown up...it never works.

**Edit: Wow, talk about being in another state of mind when you spell *shoes* for *shows*
indifferent.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LilJRDN

Hopefully, they don't go with the "Teen" route as a way to continue the show. It's funny how shoes try to stay alive by having their characters all grown up...it never works.
hit08a_Rugrats-AllGrownUp.gif
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Bobby Light

Originally Posted by outbackbob24

The show should have ended a long time ago.

Shut up.

Hopefully, they don't go with the "Teen" route as a way to continue the show. It's funny how shoes try to stay alive by having their characters all grown up...it never works.

The only show I can think of that actually did this was Rugrats. And, yeah, that was terrible.
smh.gif

I've been a fan since I was 4, by my count. Shoot, circa 7th grade, imagining an end to the Simpsons used to push me close to tears, I swear to God. I feltit coming. But it didn't end, it just became unfunny
smh.gif
. It would have felt like losing an uncle or something. Instead, that "uncle" went toprison, or some other relevant metaphor I can't think of right now.. I'm so happy I outgrew the Simpsons before the show ended. I would have beencrushed.

Originally Posted by Maelstroom

hit08a_Rugrats-AllGrownUp.gif
smh.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif
Don't even get me started on that crap!When they first announced an all grown up movie I KNEW, I KNEW it was gonna be spin off! Rugrats was one of the best shows i remember watching but all grown upwas just
sick.gif
. Yes I am MAD. Destroyed my childhood.

Back
Top Bottom