will walmart fall for this

kingj4

Banned
If you buy the wii you get the free 50$ gift card. So if i return the wii will they ask for the card back or not and i no im not the only 1 that has thoughtabout doing this

its probably referenced on the receipt so it wont work. walmart didnt become the biggest retailer in the world by giving money away for free.

they probably send it in the mail which takes longer to receive than you can return. maybe

I heard WalMart might take the return without the receipt so if you can return it w/o showing the receipt, it might just work.
I heard people were returning games purchased from Toys R Us at WalMart withotu receipts and it worked so it might just work on the Wii as well.

Originally Posted by RFX45

I heard WalMart might take the return without the receipt so if you can return it w/o showing the receipt, it might just work.
I heard people were returning games purchased from Toys R Us at WalMart withotu receipts and it worked so it might just work on the Wii as well.
That works?

Damn I always use Walmart to swap stuff out for equal value but I've never been able to get cash money back without a receipt. I have a copy of Uncharted2: PS3 that came in this TV bundle I bought and I was bout to take it to Walmart to swap it out for Fifa '10. If I can get $60+ tax back instead thatwould be smokin.

if it works anything like cell phone rebates you have to cut off(not photocopy) the upc barcode from the box and mail it in with your receipt, so I doubt it

Originally Posted by Mojodmonky1

That works?

Damn I always use Walmart to swap stuff out for equal value but I've never been able to get cash money back without a receipt. I have a copy of Uncharted 2: PS3 that came in this TV bundle I bought and I was bout to take it to Walmart to swap it out for Fifa '10. If I can get $60+ tax back instead that would be smokin.

Again, I just read/heard it but never personally tried it. When returning, I think you get credit at Walmart though, not cash.

target and walmart do this all the time, i'm sure they require a receipt for awhile after the deal. When COD:WAW was on sale at best buy, i got 2 from xmasand tried to return to walmart but they required a receipt even if i wanted store credit.

its probably referenced on the receipt so it wont work. walmart didnt become the biggest retailer in the world by giving money away for free.

true

I thought when you buy the wii they will just give you a 50dollar walmart gift card right there

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Walmart wants you to believe that they're that stupid.

They're not.

Costco does accept returns, which includes half eaten salads and 7 year old televisions and give the exact amount paid so crazier things have happened andthese stores really strive for great customer service.

Originally Posted by Toy Collector123

Walmart wants you to believe that they're that stupid.

They're not.
Yes they are
laugh.gif
This isn't the first time they'vedone this. They did the same thing Black Friday and people just returned the Wii and kept the giftcard and returning it didn't disable the gc. They alreadyhave one of the most lax return policies in existence.

I work at at Walmart in the Connections/Electronics. At our store you HAVE to have the gift card to return it. If not you required to pay the $50 out of pocketto return it. Couple tried to pull this when we did the $100 gift card for the 360 last month. They're usually all over it.

Originally Posted by KingJ4

I thought when you buy the wii they will just give you a 50dollar walmart gift card right there
If it works like Target, than that is what will happen. And if you return it they will ask for all promotional items back also

At Target, If you try to return the Wii without the GC, they will deduct $50 from your refund price automatically, so you will only get back $150.
If you do not have a receipt, you cannot return the Wii. Plain & Simple.

Wal-Mart.....That's another story. They might refund you & not even take back the merchandise.
laugh.gif

PO

That works?

Damn I always use Walmart to swap stuff out for equal value but I've never been able to get cash money back without a receipt. I have a copy of Uncharted 2: PS3 that came in this TV bundle I bought and I was bout to take it to Walmart to swap it out for Fifa '10. If I can get $60+ tax back instead that would be smokin.

i dont think you get cash back. just credit or a gift card for that amount

Back
Top Bottom