Window Tint Question

Originally Posted by nyrican23

fishbowlin'
smokin.gif

but your teggy looks tinted in your avy

Originally Posted by dakid2301

NO I use to tint on the side for extra money. 20 percent is darkest you can go without being pulled you can pull it off trust me. Just dont put a tint strip in the front and you will be ok.

You will be disapointed if you get 35%

Care to elaborate?

Originally Posted by treewing

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i have huper optik 50 and its an amazing tint product. it looks like 50% tint so i don't get hassled by cops but still manages to block out 99% of UV and 50-60% of heat.

cost $400 for a 3-series coupe, not including windshield. i live in los angeles.

edit: huper optik is ceramic tint so it will never fade and is extremely thin, putting less stress on your window regulator as you open and close em.
Whoa, I was able to get 5 windows tinted on my Maxima for $130 in Brooklyn, NY 20% tint BTW
Sounds like a ripoff, I live in L.A. too and got 35% on the front windows and 15% on the back windows for $180. When it's bright and hot as hell outside, I can roll up the windows and it gets cooler in my car instantly.

nah, $400 was a good deal. i talked it down from $500.

we're talking about huper optik here, ceramic tint. do a quick google search and you'll see why it's the best tint you can get for your car bar none.

Originally Posted by diceloveme

Originally Posted by recycledpaper

i have huper optik 50 and its an amazing tint product. it looks like 50% tint so i don't get hassled by cops but still manages to block out 99% of UV and 50-60% of heat.

cost $400 for a 3-series coupe, not including windshield. i live in los angeles.

edit: huper optik is ceramic tint so it will never fade and is extremely thin, putting less stress on your window regulator as you open and close em.
Whoa, I was able to get 5 windows tinted on my Maxima for $130 in Brooklyn, NY 20% tint BTW
NY is 70% and back window is anything... Who told you 20%?

When I had 5% on my car it was the greatest, no one could see you but at night it was annoying to drive with especially in Florida where there is barely any street lights...  Got to put some tint on my new car...

35 isnt dark enough, trust me I had it and switched to 20

have to roll down my windows everytime I see a cop though when Im in jersey
smh.gif

btw 5% on the side or even 35% on the front, thats like...............not safe
laugh.gif

Here's a pic with 35% on the side windows on my Mustang. I didn't wanna go too dark here in Cali, my exhaust alone already attracts cops so i didn't wanna go with a 20% and get even more unwanted attention. Not the best angle in the pics but it's really all i have on my computer.
9bg3rm.jpg

wkjs5d.jpg

I love my 35% all around.

I've had 5% all around on my 2nd car.

35% front, 5% rear on my 3rd car.

Decided to go with 35% all around on the current car. I'll be doing 35% all around on all of my cars from now on.

Living in CA is wack. Just got a fix it ticket for havin 20% fronts. No tint is allowed on the fronts in CA
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
Never understood that since we have some HOT +#% summers.

Originally Posted by Still1Rise

Living in CA is wack. Just got a fix it ticket for havin 20% fronts. No tint is allowed on the fronts in CA
grin.gif
indifferent.gif
Never understood that since we have some HOT +#% summers.

Tell me about it, some of the car and emission laws here are ridiculous. Some of them make absolutely no sense at all.

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by gboy1230

if u gonna get any tint you minus well get 5% cause you know them popo gonna on you regardless
smh.gif
might as well*
but yes 5% especially here in cali...five-oh are haters 
word. i was getting pulled over left and right when i had 20%...i got pulled over for it about a year ago and decided to take it off since it was peeling already. the day after i got my fix it ticket signed off, i got it redone 5% all around. i figure they are going to pull me over anyway, i may as well go all the way and do 5%

We need to see some more pics. I wonder what the legal limit is for tints here in NYC. I heard you can't even tint the windshield or the drivers seat window either
laugh.gif

i would have 5% but i already have enough trouble seeing out of my 20% at night but thats just because my eyes arn't to good

any way to know what % one has? I bought my car used awhile back from another state and the dealer never took the old tint off. I would guess darker than 35% but im unsure.

Originally Posted by JoRDaN201

What's legal % in NJ?

I've been thinking of getting tints, but I already have bad luck with cops as is.
IGHT..

In NJ you can't have any Tints on the front windows..

anywhere else is fine
trust me i learned the hard way.. its not even worth it

I've got 35% on my front windows which in certain light (i.e. cloudy day) almost matches the factory OEM tinted rear glass. In bright sunlight it's pretty transparent in comparison however. 
I think 30% would have been perfect in retrospect, but not legal in NC where I'm hoping to move back in a year or two. If that changes, I may eventually go a little darker, but I want there to be zero chance that I would ever be pulled over.

you guys are getting pulled over because your tint is too dark AND you're probably driving an older, more suspect looking car. they're not pulling you over for your tint, trust me. they're pulling over for the fact that they MIGHT be able to bust you for drugs and/or weapons.

i had 20% tint on my 97 acura CL and got pulled over at least once a month. now that i got a BMW, i NEVER get pulled over let alone looked at.

oh and this was in irvine area and rowland heights area.

Back
Top Bottom