Window tinting in the DMV

Going to get my windows tinted this weekend, was thinking about going with a 20% tint. I reside out in Owings Mills, just wondering what % tint you all have and if below the 35 do you get harrassed that much? Also, if you know of any good quality spots that have good prices let me know. Thanks in advance

I have 20% all around and 40% on the windshield .... Black car with black interior...for me harassment is high as hell ....I rarely drive the car though....They can't ticket me because I have a mva note... (Doctors note ) .... Still a pain in the ***.... If its your everyday driver I would go legal... Some police aim for it.... D&L window tint in baltimore did mine and did a pretty good job... Kinda expensive though..

That might not be so bad.... Depending on the interior color... If its light colored interior you should be fine , if it's dark colored it's going to look and read darker than 30.....Its a gamble ... Some of them cops *** holes when it come to tint...Also depends how the police are in your area...

go with 30%. i have had no problem yet. and i only paid $110 with good work.i live in PG btw. and if for watever reason the police stops you, just lower your window down
before he get to you. heres a pic of my car with the tint. and the place is called: Reliable window tint 202-528-0217 416 Hampton Boulevard Captial Heights MD 20743

2efm4bq.jpg

HP Racing on Crain Hwy in Glen Burnie did my tints. Waited less than 2 hours, prices start at $135. The film they use isn't the type to turn purple either.

I have 20s on mine with black interior. Enough light gets in through the windshield so its not completely blacked out during the day. Never had issues with cops.

I got a ticket for 30% all around with a black interior. I'd say 30-35% should be good.

I have 35% sides 20% back window, grey interior, VA Plates, mostly drive in PG & DC though. Never gotten a ticket for tints.

Next go around i'm getting 20% all the way around, 35% is too light in the summer.

I just had my 2 front windows tinted for $60 at discount audio sound inc. on Georgia Ave a couple blocks down from Autozone..so far so good plus a lifetime warranty is pretty beasty

My room mate has 20% on his Charger...he has gotten about 4 tickets in the last 6 months for his windows...Hampton Roads area.

When I first moved to nova my car already had 20% and a 10" strip across the windshield, went for my first inspection to register in VA and 3 shops I went to wouldn't pass me even with a little in grea$e no one would budge. :smh:

had 20% all the way around (except windshield) a few years ago and was never harassed ... got it done off cherry hill road in laurel for like $115

Just noticed this thread. Depends on the car I have 35% on the windsheild and 5% on the rest of the windows, its a corvette though. My girls car is a 2012 Kia optima 5% tint all around no windsheild on this one and the cops just let the car slide. Dont know if that helps im also in california.

Last edited:
I have 35% all around, I wanted to go darker but I live in VA and the cops out here would probably give me a ticket for it 
mean.gif

20% all the way around 45% on the windshield. Get pulled over all the time but never ask about my tint

Back
Top Bottom