WINDOWS VISTA...must have applications? how to improve performance? POST HERE

Just got a new HP laptop with windows vista on it...

What are good ways to improve the system/take out the unnecessary vista add ons?

What are the apps most of you can live without?

Post your Windows tips,tricks, and applications.

My vista runs pretty smooth stock. I did do some registry tweaks but nothing drastic. I have 3GB of ram and im on a 1.8ghz core 2 duo. You should be good butif you really want to make a custom version of vista I think there is a program by the name of vLite that can do that.

i would like to know as well.
i just got a new notebook with vista.

whats all this windows 7 business thats going on?

I've got a question regarding Word, I don't know if its vista related, but I never had this problem with any past Windows. Anyways while typing inWord the cursor will sometimes jump to another part of the page while I'm writing. Its annoying as hell and im just wondering if any body has faced thesame problem and if theres a solution, any tips are appreciated

Go into "My programs" in Control Panel and remove things manually... Be careful though, make sure you know what you're deleting.

Originally Posted by KICKINHEADZ1010

Go into "My programs" in Control Panel and remove things manually... Be careful though, make sure you know what you're deleting.

QFT I accidentally deleted all my pictures when I tried to move my pics into a flash drive
tired.gif
smh.gif
My favorite pics that I miss
frown.gif

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Originally Posted by ness

Does Vista still have a lot of bugs?
Yes but once the operating system gets used to you computer. It will sun smooth.

Vista FTW
vista was garbage when it came out.
right now, vista is fine.

Vista has to be the most abused/flamed product ever for no reason. The OS is fantastic, consistent and safe, had it running great since day 1.

Just fragment the HD once a week and get a low resource anti-virus like Avast!

Originally Posted by NachoBroadway

Vista has to be the most abused/flamed product ever for no reason. The OS is fantastic, consistent and safe, had it running great since day 1.

i dont know about "since day 1".. otherwise there wouldnt be a reason why many corporations still use XP.

I have had the notebook for a couple days now and it seems to be working well with 4 gig ram Are there By specific options/settings you guys turned off? Cooluseful apps? So far I have... Objectdock Avg free Adaware

all i did was put object dock on mine to mac it look like a mac and got rid of that sidebar thing with the clock

Originally Posted by norain21

I've got a question regarding Word, I don't know if its vista related, but I never had this problem with any past Windows. Anyways while typing in Word the cursor will sometimes jump to another part of the page while I'm writing. Its annoying as hell and im just wondering if any body has faced the same problem and if theres a solution, any tips are appreciated

Do you have a desktop or laptop? If you're using a desktop, what kind of mouse are you using? Wireless or USB? If it's a wireless mouse, there maybe some kind of interference between the 2 devices. If you have a laptop, you may have a problem with the touchpad. Disable the touchpad and enable it again. You may have to disable it through BIOS.

As far as Vista goes. I hate it. It sucks. I've been in IT for 10+ years and I would never switch to that OS. I ran test pilots wih systems using Vistaand they all crashed, especially IE. Vista is weak in supporting multiple software platforms, not backwards compatinle with most if not all XP applicaions,has too much code that just excessive (approximately 546MB used just to boot up) and way too many unnecesary features such as32-bit Audio (why is thisnecessary when CD audio is only 16-bits?), IPv6 support (not needed, since there is absolutely no one on this earth that is currently using IPv6), Flip3D andWinAero o name a few.

its probably the reputation that windows has that makes everybody hate their products.

plus, from what i know, ususally whenever an OS comes out, you gotta wiat a few months to work out the glitches, which may have happened already.

Originally Posted by proper english

i dont know about "since day 1".. otherwise there wouldnt be a reason why many corporations still use XP.

becuase they're lazy or two scared to upgrade to Vista.

Originally Posted by ILLIONAIRE

Originally Posted by proper english

becuase they're lazy or two scared to upgrade to Vista.

Yeah right. The benefits of sticking with XP outweigh Vista. The majority of software vendors write their applications to XP not Vista. You might as well waitfor W7 in 2009 or 2010. The only thing I woud give to Vista is their security features, although it can be difficult to manage. The only individuals who thinkVista works for them are those who have a home based version and only utilize not even 25% of it's capabilities.

Originally Posted by jamergrady

Originally Posted by ness

Does Vista still have a lot of bugs?
Yes but once the operating system gets used to you computer. It will sun smooth.

Vista FTW

lol AUTOMATICS FTL
MANUALS always FTW

i love my comp, shes a beast
grin.gif

Back
Top Bottom