Winter Shoe-wear - Vol. Walking in the snow

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

Originally Posted by brrraptors

Sorel Caribou for the non-city dwellers living in harsh winter conditions. I've had winter boots from Frye, RL, Red Wing and theyre all fantastic leather products but I can't be outside for too long in -30C weather for long without my feet starting to freeze regardless of what socks I use. Ive had the sorel caribou for 4-5yrs and that thing is just about as rugged as you can get. anything from snowblowing, hiking short distances in the winter, ice fishing etc.. its my go to boot. Heres the Sorel x Concepts collab, I need this!
i need this link?
http://www.cncpts.com/blo...0/11/concepts-for-sorel/

Originally Posted by LightskinFlYbOy 718

Sorel Caribou for the non-city dwellers living in harsh winter conditions. I've had winter boots from Frye, RL, Red Wing and theyre all fantastic leather products but I can't be outside for too long in -30C weather for long without my feet starting to freeze regardless of what socks I use. Ive had the sorel caribou for 4-5yrs and that thing is just about as rugged as you can get. anything from snowblowing, hiking short distances in the winter, ice fishing etc.. its my go to boot. Heres the Sorel x Concepts collab, I need this!
i need this link?
http://www.cncpts.com/blo...0/11/concepts-for-sorel/

Originally Posted by balloonoboy

Sorel Caribou for the non-city dwellers living in harsh winter conditions. I've had winter boots from Frye, RL, Red Wing and theyre all fantastic leather products but I can't be outside for too long in -30C weather for long without my feet starting to freeze regardless of what socks I use. Ive had the sorel caribou for 4-5yrs and that thing is just about as rugged as you can get. anything from snowblowing, hiking short distances in the winter, ice fishing etc.. its my go to boot. Heres the Sorel x Concepts collab, I need this
Do these fit true? I wear a 13 in Nike. Looking at the Caribou Wool.

eek.gif
@ the price of the Stingrays.
They do fit true to size with consideration that you'd be wearing decently thick boot socks. The stingrays are crazy expensive, i dont know if they still do but they made the caribou with ostrich leather in a brown color that looked amazing too. remember that being in the $400-500 range.
Thanks.

I was wondering however, since the wool has the wool lining if I could afford to go with a 12 and not wear any socks at all?

Having a pair of wool socks with these bad boys would make my feet awfully warm. Definitely not what I'm going for.

Sorel Caribou for the non-city dwellers living in harsh winter conditions. I've had winter boots from Frye, RL, Red Wing and theyre all fantastic leather products but I can't be outside for too long in -30C weather for long without my feet starting to freeze regardless of what socks I use. Ive had the sorel caribou for 4-5yrs and that thing is just about as rugged as you can get. anything from snowblowing, hiking short distances in the winter, ice fishing etc.. its my go to boot. Heres the Sorel x Concepts collab, I need this

eek.gif
They do fit true to size with consideration that you'd be wearing decently thick boot socks. The stingrays are crazy expensive, i dont know if they still do but they made the caribou with ostrich leather in a brown color that looked amazing too. remember that being in the $400-500 range.
Thanks.

I was wondering however, since the wool has the wool lining if I could afford to go with a 12 and not wear any socks at all?

Having a pair of wool socks with these bad boys would make my feet awfully warm. Definitely not what I'm going for.

eek.gif
Thanks.

you wouldn't want to go without socks in one of these but thats my personal preference. i was told that sorel carries a separate thermoplus liner for the caribou that are less insulating than the originals so you could always have that to switch out based on how cold it is outside. A pair of thinner weight merino wool socks would wick moisture and regulate temperate very well. A pair from smartwool, icebreaker, patagonia etc should actually help and not feel clammy/sweaty like ordinary thick boot socks would.

eek.gif
Thanks.

you wouldn't want to go without socks in one of these but thats my personal preference. i was told that sorel carries a separate thermoplus liner for the caribou that are less insulating than the originals so you could always have that to switch out based on how cold it is outside. A pair of thinner weight merino wool socks would wick moisture and regulate temperate very well. A pair from smartwool, icebreaker, patagonia etc should actually help and not feel clammy/sweaty like ordinary thick boot socks would.

Originally Posted by Mourf83

Lots of snow where I live: been wearing these since last winter 
Those are great, what I've been looking for but hadn't seen them in a while.  I wish Timberland had them during the recent 40% off sale.

Those are great, what I've been looking for but hadn't seen them in a while.  I wish Timberland had them during the recent 40% off sale.

Originally Posted by ScarsOrScabs

I got these at nordstrom, they available on their websites, on zappos.com and Drjays seems to had the cheapest price

Back
Top Bottom