wise words: cherish your relationships NT

ive had some of the BEST relationships with the most random people in in my lifetime

people i would have never thought id be cool with

you get a new job or location, years pass, you come across that individual again and its just not the same

its weird because there are some that no matter how far apart we are when we connect we talk like we saw each other yesterday

while others treat you like a stranger

cherish your relationships NT.

take pictures

talk

listen

soak in those moments

Something like that happend to me this past weekend

Saw a old friend I used to hang with on my way to the store

Didn't bother getting his attention
It's weird

I agree, one of my brothers is a tall lanky scruffy white dude, Uncoordinated, goofy as heck.
Randomly downtown one night just walking and a couple asians randomly tried to jump me in front of mcdonalds. I have no idea why.
he had my back and it was like 6 of them :pimp:

@seasoned vet
 what happened? Did you run into someone who gave you the cold shoulder?

actually no.

ive been meaning to make this thread for a couple years now and just got around to doing it.

it has happened though.

and i wouldnt call it the cold shoulder, more like a stranger where we had to reintroduce ourselves again before the conversation gets warmed up (if it ever does).....its a very strange feeling

just makes me wish i had known then what i know now

cool people

fun times

I'm at a point in my life where I don't even really want to meet old friends again, it's never the same as before for me and we never really click like before.

Although I understand why OP made this... I'm fairly the opposite. I could careless about maintaining or cherishing relationships with friends because at the end of the day, friends come and go... life changes, and it isn't going to stop.

EDIT: After reading some of the responses in this thread.... exactly my point.

Last edited:
ive had some of the BEST relationships with the most random people in in my lifetime

people i would have never thought id be cool with

you get a new job or location, years pass, you come across that individual again and its just not the same

its weird because there are some that no matter how far apart we are when we connect we talk like we saw each other yesterday

while others treat you like a stranger

cherish your relationships NT.

take pictures

talk

listen

soak in those moments
nthat.gif

Na, I'm a habitual bridge burner. Don't care either. Only ppl I keep in contact with are ppl that could help me in the future job wise.

Last edited:
I feel you though, moved a few times and keeping up becomes like pulling teeth after a while. Try to be natural as always but the response is different, like strangers which is odd if it hasn't been that long. Even more odd when they don't even respond, like my dude we used to kick it every day. Learn to let go though, why cherish a one sided relationship?

real life friends suck, I love my NT homies more.

I hella miss my bestfriends from highschool and the chicks that I was messing with but never made it official

Only reason we haven't talked is cuz I moved back to Cali and don't use fb

My old homes I grew up with too only kick it with a few of em now and my girl :lol:

Last edited:
Me and most of my friends from HS and before still kick it to this day. I try not to burn bridges and ive benefitted from it. However I have one really good former bro that just decided to move on to other pastures. Never calls, responds to texts or even seems interested. This has been going on for 5 years. I stopped reaching out to him a couple years ago but some nights at work when I'm zoned out Ill just think to myself, "What happened?" 
mean.gif

got me feeling like that D12 song, How Come 

Definitely everyone grows older, we get into different things, ppl get into relationships, move out of state just busy with life. That's why I think ppl grow apart and no longer click. It's weird we meet new ppl and form new groups

Most ppl change and out of the group I'm sure ur only close to one or two. We as humans, encounter other ppl that we find interesting. .it's a cycle.
Like cash n **** friends go

at the end of the day, friends come and go... life changes, and it isn't going to stop.

Truth

Learn to let go though, why cherish a one sided relationship?

Truth

A thug changes...

...and love changes...

...and best friends become strangers.

One of the best Nas lines ever

Definitely everyone grows older, we get into different things, ppl get into relationships, move out of state just busy with life. That's why I think ppl grow apart and no longer click. It's weird we meet new ppl and form new groups

I've experienced this a couple times with different people.

Back
Top Bottom