Wizards Flip out

anybody else heard Flip Saunders will be new head coach next years?

fact or fiction?
thoughts?

Where's Jeff Van Gundy?

nerd.gif

My-T.

Wiz = No Hope on the Horizon

As Meth Stated in another thread. 12 Month Off-season in FULL EFFECT.

Originally Posted by MyTsharp

Where's Jeff Van Gundy?

nerd.gif

My-T.
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

Only players on current roster who will stand by V.G. is Caron, Juan, and McGee... maybe Jamison, as he has never been the type to bring petty issues tocoaches during his career.

Etan is still on the roster, so you can chalk up him and Haywood and Van Gundy as a wash...

The rest of them dudes -- Gilbert especially -- will have dude pushed out the door before his 2nd season.

Gilbert runs this organization.

Y'all musta forgot...

Wiz are retiring those God Awful Black Uni's after tonite...

They should have done a better job designing those Putrid things anyway.

In my opinion . The Alt Uni for the Wiz should be the Bullets Jerseys. Maybe that can bring them back to when they were SOMEWHAT less mediocre.

I just think Bullets = More Swag than Wizards....

Originally Posted by jupeezy

avery or van gundy....flip will NOT help this team IMO

Avery has not showned that he can take a team from bottom to top. Saunders has. Avery's Dallas team already has a ton of talent on it when he inheritedit.

Saunders = upgrade over Eddie Jordan imo

I've heard that Wizards will also sign Sam Cassell as Assistant Coach. you already know he won't tolerate non sense
smokin.gif

sam cassell? LOL! mr. shoot first and shoot second himself? LOL! ur kidding right?

ugh. I still dont think they should have fired EJ. Eddie Jordan is a better coach then Mike Brown ever will be.

Flip is soft. Has anybody considered Mark Jackson?

Originally Posted by SoleOnEyez

ugh. I still dont think they should have fired EJ. Eddie Jordan is a better coach then Mike Brown ever will be.

Flip is soft. Has anybody considered Mark Jackson?
pimp.gif
Okay so I wasn't the only one. A true Bullets/Wizards fan, I'm just wondering when they're gonna get a coach with some Balls... FlipSaunders wasn't the coach in Minnesota, Kevin Garnett was... He wasn't the coach of Detroit... the team was their own coach... He doesn't coach, atbest he facilitates. I mean Eddie wasn't the best, but he did well, and I was rooting for him cause he's a co-alumni of mine, dude wasn't given afair chance...

As far as the uniforms go, I hope to retirement of the old Unis is a forecast to a new design next season, I mean they made a good color change from the copperto gold, but that jersey since 98 needs to be trashed...

RamZs8906 said:
I'm just wondering when they're gonna get a coach with some Balls... Flip Saunders wasn't the coach in Minnesota, Kevin Garnett was... He wasn't the coach of Detroit... the team was their own coach... He doesn't coach, at best he facilitates.
Which makes Flip the ideal coach...

When Gilbert is making $100+ mil on your roster as the "leader"...

Now, this is a players league. Go to college basketball if you're really concerned about acutal coaches/coaching.

I mean Eddie wasn't the best, but he did well, and I was rooting for him cause he's a co-alumni of mine, dude wasn't given a fair chance...
You went to Carroll High?

And I agree with you as well (although "Method Man" will fight us on this to the death). For an organization with the win/loss record we had last 25years before Eddie came, we sure got big headed IMO. There is "mountain top" for us. Playoffs, 2nd round at best.

Who will we be picking with the 5th-6th pick of the draft?
laugh.gif
Weain't getting number 1.

Is there another Calbert Cheaney, Tom Gugliotta, or Tom Hammond on the horizon?

David Stern will say:
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And with the 6th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft The Ashington Izards Select Tyler Hansborough.
Adam Silver will say:
With the 45th pick in the 2009 NBA Draft The Woeful Wizards select someone from the Maryland Terrapins (Johnny Rhodes is shunned again)
Yeah... that.

As long as Ernie Grunfeld is with the Wizards, JVG will NEVER work in DC....those two hate each other on a OJ-Nicole Simpson level.....

I'm lukewarm to this hiring....for two reasons:

1. Flip has a ton of success in the REGULAR season, but his playoff track record speaks for itself. For a team who has struggled to get out of round 1, wasthis the hire we need to get over that hump? I mean Flip had way more talented squads in both Minnesota and Detroit, but couldn't get those teams to thenext level. I guess it's a wait-n-see situation...but I'm a bit skeptical.

2. Can he get these guys to commit to defense? Scoring has never been a problem for these Wizards teams. The main problem is our lack of commitment to detailson the opposite end of the court.

The window (if you want to call it that) for the Wizards is slowly closing. We have Jamison who is turning 33 soon, Butler is almost 30, and Gil is coming offof 3 major knee surgeries. The only saving grace in this situation falls on the luck of the ping-pong balls. We NEED Blake Griffin. We land him, and thelandscape changes in the East. I'm not saying in any way we are gonna be on the level of Cleveland, but if we can add BG, we will be totally better and"may" sniff that elusive 50 win mark. We'll be in that upper level of the 2nd tier teams in the East (Orlando...and I'll even say Boson dueto them getting older).

Here's to next season...and thank goodness they ditched those awful Vanderbilt uniforms. I dunno what the oranization was thinking when those designs weregiven the green light
smh.gif
For what it's worth, if we can't get the name "Bullets" back, then at least get Red, White, and Blue back into ourunis....that's all I got....

Double J.... While I agree with most of the things you say..

Are we talkin about the same team here? The Wiz? 50 wins? What was their best under Eddie 42?? Well I think Orlando gets better.. Chicago gets better.. CavsONLY get better and as always Joe Dumars pulls some tricks out of his bag and drafts and signs some Talent to get DaTwoh back to its old self....

I didn't even mention Miami....Atlanta and Philly...and lets not forget the Bobcats... Oh me oh my...

Cavs
C's
Orlando
Miami
Chicago
Detroit
Atl
Philly

The rest..
Bobcats
Izards

And you say 50 games? Shoooooot...

But I am with you on the color change.. I mean come on...

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Double J.... While I agree with most of the things you say..

Are we talkin about the same team here? The Wiz? 50 wins? What was their best under Eddie 42?? Well I think Orlando gets better.. Chicago gets better.. Cavs ONLY get better and as always Joe Dumars pulls some tricks out of his bag and drafts and signs some Talent to get DaTwoh back to its old self....

I didn't even mention Miami....Atlanta and Philly...and lets not forget the Bobcats... Oh me oh my...

Cavs
C's
Orlando
Miami
Chicago
Detroit
Atl
Philly

The rest..
Bobcats
Izards

And you say 50 games? Shoooooot...

But I am with you on the color change.. I mean come on...

I totally agree, Rock. I think we are gonna be a 40-45 win team with everyone back next year. That's just what the Wizards are, and have been for thelongest time. However, if...and I mean IF we do land Griffin, he could be the difference between us staying in that 45 win range, or maybe getting to 50 orabove. However, there are teams on the rise with much brighter futures like Atl, Miami, and Chicago...all of those teams could throw a wrench in the plans ofthe Wiz. And my scenario is totally falling on the Wiz landing BG. If we don't then, this team is done...for real.

All I know is EG better step up if he's serious about making this team a TRUE contender. If we come back with virtually the same roster, we areone-and-done like usual.

Originally Posted by eyes of hazel

RamZs8906 said:
I'm just wondering when they're gonna get a coach with some Balls... Flip Saunders wasn't the coach in Minnesota, Kevin Garnett was... He wasn't the coach of Detroit... the team was their own coach... He doesn't coach, at best he facilitates.
Which makes Flip the ideal coach...

When Gilbert is making $100+ mil on your roster as the "leader"...

Now, this is a players league. Go to college basketball if you're really concerned about acutal coaches/coaching.

I mean Eddie wasn't the best, but he did well, and I was rooting for him cause he's a co-alumni of mine, dude wasn't given a fair chance...
You went to Carroll High?

And I agree with you as well (although "Method Man" will fight us on this to the death). For an organization with the win/loss record we had last 25 years before Eddie came, we sure got big headed IMO. There is "mountain top" for us. Playoffs, 2nd round at best.

Who will we be picking with the 5th-6th pick of the draft?
laugh.gif
We ain't getting number 1.

Is there another Calbert Cheaney, Tom Gugliotta, or Tom Hammond on the horizon?

Yeah, I'm a Carroll grad (waits for the comments from DeMatha (F/St)ags and Gonzaga Purple Pigeons
nerd.gif
)

And sadly, you're right about the 1st overall pick... The draft is now, and will always be fixed. The commisioner will only allow the 1stoverall pick to go to a Marketbale city or Marketable situation[i.e. Wizards getting 1st overall when His Airness is the Pres. of BasketballOps] (bolded and underlined for emphasis).

But I'll def take Jordan Hill out of Arizona at the 5th or 6th spot. I mean we need a real Power Foward... No disrespect to Jamison aka Mr. Right PlaceRight time, but he doesn't fight anybody for those boards...

Thabeet is soft, don't want him, Blair, while wide isn't versatile enough for his height (like say Mr. Ayo Big Baby Davis)

If its me:
PG Arenas
SG Butler (would rahter have him checking the best offensive guard on the other team)
SF Jamison (except against Cleveland
sick.gif
)
PF (Insert name of Wizards to Draft Pick or Blatche after a summer living in a weight room)
C Haywood (Unless Magee has an off-season workout regiment like Steel [D. Howard] did)
Head Coach Mark Jackson
pimp.gif

Take this for what it's worth...it's a article by David Aldridge on the Flip hire...some interesting points:

On the one hand, Saunders is more than a solid hire. He's a system guy; the Wizards' core group of Arenas, Caron Butler and Antwan Jamison are system players. They were in former coach Eddie Jordan's hybrid Princeton offense for four years (the hybrid involved plenty of clearouts and dribble-drives for Arenas). This is a group that feels best about itself when it's running and scoring; we saw the predictable results of trying to force-feed a team that's offensive-oriented into being a defense-first unit in Phoenix. Saunders can X and O with anybody.

"We are what we are," a member of the Wizards' group said.

As I told you a couple of weeks ago, a Pistons player told me that Saunders's reputation as indifferent to defense while he was in Detroit was terribly overblown, a reaction by Detroit's veterans to no longer having Larry Brown blasting them in every practice for every missed assignment. (Let's get real: the Pistons are a high-maintenance bunch, as this season's implosion should make quite clear.) In his three seasons in Detroit, Saunders' teams were third, second and first in the league in points allowed, and went from 18th to sixth to third in the league in field goal percentage allowed.

As of this writing, the Wizards are 24th in points allowed and 28th in field goal percentage allowed. How much worse could Saunders possibly be?

and....

To his credit, Arenas told me a couple of weeks ago that he has no interest in being Agent Zero right now, and doesn't know if AZ will re-appear next season. In the two games he played, he had 20 assists and 1 turnover. He looked much more interested in facilitating others than getting his own shot off. Part of that was he can't get off right now, as he gets his wind and timing back. So, what will he do next fall if he's back near 100 percent, again able to blow by defenders and finish at the rim?

Maybe Arenas is not the same person at 27 that he was at 23. Lots of guards, like Chauncey Billups, for example -- who swears by Saunders, by the way -- become more team-oriented as their careers continue. It might be that we're looking everywhere else to find someone who can get in Arenas's head when the right guy looks at him in the mirror every morning. If that's true, then Saunders will do just fine.

If that's true.

Hmmm...Arenas is known to talk out of the both sides of his mouth, but what if he DOES want to be something like a pass-first PG? Could beinteresting....here's the link for the whol article:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/14/aldridge.saunders.041309/

D.A. always comes correct, if I agree or disagree.

All I know is, minus a few insignificant trades here and there, our money is locked up, so we have what we have.

We already over the cap, and this lottery pick, phst.

Thus, I say:

- Cut Etan, eat that money, and let McGee have those minutes, and sign some hungry big man that played well during the summer forthe minimum.

- Cut Stevenson, eat that money too, and give McGuire and Young those minutes while Young is still in his rookie contract.

Both Etan and Stevenson won't demand nothing more than the minimum now from any other team, if a top 10 roster spot at all.
The Bill Parcells thing opens eyes, and instantly shows players you ain't f'in around.

I don't know what to say about "MJ" Mike James. Aren't we stuck with him for another year?
grin.gif

Originally Posted by DoubleJs07

Take this for what it's worth...it's a article by David Aldridge on the Flip hire...some interesting points:

Hmmm...Arenas is known to talk out of the both sides of his mouth, but what if he DOES want to be something like a pass-first PG? Could be interesting....here's the link for the whol article:

http://www.nba.com/2009/news/features/david_aldridge/04/14/aldridge.saunders.041309/
Well Kwame wants to be good Center... but Im not sure thats going to happen anytime soon. Patrick Ewing wants to be a leading candidate forCoaching openings... but ehhh...

When Gil has his legs back.. He will be back to Gil being Gil.... I say lets see what they do when the Draft Plays out...

Who has the biggest upside to getting the #1 pick via Stern? That will tell you who's getting the #1 pick.

We have no story going right now. The NBA wants to see Blake in a GOOD situation.. not get buried on a poo poo team. Hence Portland and Seattle getting Durantand Oden.. as the #1 and 2 picks.. neighboring cities and one on the verge of moving..

Jordan left... The Wiz have no story.

Back
Top Bottom