WJFK Flip

from dcrtv.com

It's Official: JFK To Do Sports Flip Monday, O'Meara Gone - 7/14 -
new.jpg
CBS Radio made the official announcement today that guy talker WJFK will become "Sportsradio 106.7 The Fan" at 6 AM on Monday, 7/20. As DCRTV had told you, CBS suits met with advertisers at noon Tuesday at the Verizon Center. As expected, the Junkies, now the Sports Junkies, will remain in morning drive. And, as we've reported, Mike Wise will be paired with Bill Rohland in middays, with Chad Dukes and Lavar Arrington doing afternoon drive. There will be a website at
1067thefandc.com. And, as we've reported, the Wizards will air on JFK this fall, with Dave Johnson and Glenn Consor calling the games. Plus, as we've hinted, JFK will be carrying Westwood One's NFL "Primetime" package of Thursday, Sunday, and Monday games, plus the playoffs and the Super Bowl. That package had aired on ******** owner Dan Snyder's WTEM, ESPN 980. We also get confirmation that longtime afternooner Mike O'Meara is a gonner. His show is in reruns this week. We hear that O'Meara will do a farewell segment, but not a full live show, on Friday, 7/17. The CBS Radio press release on the JFK sports flip is at DCRTV's PR Page. More at Tuesday's Station Break Q&A wapo.com.....

Chad and Lavar in afternoons? Mike O'Meara gone? What yall think?

I listen to the Big O & Dukes show. Listened to them ever since they cracked in late nights and stuck with them until this day. It sucks that CBS had toflip the format, but it was going to come eventually. Not many stations stay above water with just a regular talk show, so it made sense for CBS to flip theformat to sports talk. I would have to test the waters for the new show with Drab, Chad and Lavar. But it won't be the same mid-days without the Big O& Dukes show. Gotta wish Oscar the best with what he's doing. Sucks to see them split up, but business is business.

I'm curious to see how this Chad Dukes/Lavar pairing is gonna work. Lavar doesn't exactly have the midas touch when it comes toside-ventures/excursions outside of football....I guess the only thing good about them now going against 980 (Snyder owned), is that NOTHING will besugar-coated when discussing the Skins.

FWIW, the Junkies have the best morning program in the DMV. I wonder if their show will remain virtually the same (Gameshow Wed, Open-Line Thurs, having theEP, etc etc...)...

Lavar and Chad met for the first time at the VErizon Arena yesterday.. lol

It was something EVERYONE was confused about, because they just stuck them together....

Look for Wyldestyle Radio soon on the Fan... 6 to 10.... or not.. lol

Originally Posted by RockDeep

Lavar and Chad met for the first time at the VErizon Arena yesterday.. lol

It was something EVERYONE was confused about, because they just stuck them together....

Look for Wyldestyle Radio soon on the Fan... 6 to 10
.... or not.. lol
I'll check for that, Rock...

Lavar was on w. the Junkies this morning, and he didn't sound too bad. They (Junkies) were saying that they couldn't wait for the first blow upbetween Lavar and Chad Dukes.....

it will be interesting to see how it plays out.

yeah.. Chad put on his FB and said on the air.. its going to be very strange because hes not a big sports guy...and he has been with Oscar ALLL this time, buthes not going to turn down checks.. thats for sure..

yeah i dont know about that chad and levar show......what happens when chad goes off on a rant about comic books or something
grin.gif
what happend with oscar ? dukies knows nothing about sports....wellsee
eyes.gif

I've been a JFK listener since the Stern days and it's kind of sad to see a true talk radio station go away...but I'm glad the Junkies are stayingand that Chad has the opportunity to stay with the station. I'm def interested to see how Dukes and Lavar interact on air...Lavar sounded pretty good onair with the Junks this morning though. I wonder what will happen with Mike, he taped a statement and it will air tomorrow at 3pm, 5pm and 7pm.

Whatever happens to Oscar, I wish him all the best. Dude is great on the radio, and the combo of Chad, Oscar and Drab was great! It will be kinda hard tolisten to the show tomorrow. Been following the Big O & Dukes show since they started, so it will be hard to fill in the void from 10-3 haha.

So everyone make sure to check out the final show for the Big O & Dukes show, also the final show for Mike O'MearaShow.
Big O & Dukes Show: 10am-3pm
Mike O'Meara: 3pm-7pm

I'm just a big fan of the show. Followed the Big O & Dukes show for the longest time.

The last segment of the BO&D show was deep. Hard to hear Chad break down like that, but the show did mean a lot, not only to him but everyone that work onit.
frown.gif

Originally Posted by lakersreppa008

I'm just a big fan of the show. Followed the Big O & Dukes show for the longest time.

The last segment of the BO&D show was deep. Hard to hear Chad break down like that, but the show did mean a lot, not only to him but everyone that work on it.
frown.gif

\ agreed. its sad to see talk radio be phased out.

Back
Top Bottom