***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Fun facts:

1. Mars turned down M&Ms being featured in E.T., so production went to Hershey, as they had recently introduced Reece's Pieces to the market, and they were, like, "hell yeah, use our product!" It led to a huge increase in sales., and turned it into the brand it became.

2. Skittles had never had an advertising deal with anyone until Marshawn Lynch came along. He was the first celebrity/spokesman they ever paired with. Obviously, Skittles was well established, but the fact they did that was kind of wild.

Good for Angel Reese if she makes that deal.

Reese's Pieces have always (even back during the E.T. days) been a bastard child of candies. :lol:

So they can always use the marketing and I hope Angel makes them palatable again.

Reese's Pieces have always (even back during the E.T. days) been a bastard child of candies. :lol:

So they can always use the marketing and I hope Angel makes them palatable again.

Personally, never been a fan, but you don't turn down marketing opportunities like that.

Also, another one I love is Abbott Labs refusing to market Pedialyte for years as a hangover remedy. Basically, a bunch of interns and marketing people convinced the execs to market it as such. Sales grew nearly 60% , and it was all adults. Now, Gatorade and other brands have their own versions. Crazy how the marketing world works.

Personally, never been a fan, but you don't turn down marketing opportunities like that.

I was gonna ask if you meant Angel or Reese's Pieces, but honestly the answer is both. With any luck they have something out this offseason (October-ish) in time for Halloween and up til next year's draft.

I was gonna ask if you meant Angel or Reese's Pieces, but honestly the answer is both. With any luck they have something out this offseason (October-ish) in time for Halloween and up til next year's draft.

WNBA Finals end in October. It's a no brainer for both. Not saying Angel Reese will be in the playoffs or Finals, but they can keep marketing her through it.

Yeah Reese is dope but the Sky aint goin nowhere in the playoffs. Mabrey's got moves but she takes some of the dumbest shots ever the past 10 or 15 games. But regardless with a colorful product and her marketability and so many stories and angles they can use from the past couple of years, they should be able to come up with something fun and weird. Looking forward to it. I just don't want them to take like until this time next year, like Nike did with A'ja. I know it takes time and these are gigantic corporations that aren't nimble like that, but they should hopefully be able to get out even just a 15-second joint by Halloween, provided they ink a deal with her by the end of the month.

The Storm have been holding it down since the Sonics left. I know they won their first title when the Sonics were still here, but four titles, and having a decent season so far is a good thing for the current momentum of the league and getting people in Seattle interested again. My friends even bought a few-game season ticket package for their 8-year-old daughter (my friends are hardcore hoopers) to expose her to the game on that level as the momentum continues. The Storm have a great history, and adding an NBA team will only elevate their profile, I think.

I hate awards where are there are no metrics. It's just as valid to vote for a player because you like their socks as it is that you like something they did on the court.

Back
Top Bottom