***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Iowa should be favored against UCONN but one underrated factor is that UCONN has played and beat Clark and this squad two times recently and Edwards and Paige were on both teams. Geno won't run the same defense and Paige is a great defender.
UCONN also just beat the much better team too (USC>LSU) imo

I'm glad that people are finally seeing how great of a coach Geno is. He's always been a great recruiter but his offense and defensive schemes are some of the best of any coach in basketball. Even in that blowout loss to South Carolina a few months back they were well coached and just didn't have the bodies. UCONN will be a tough out.

If UConn didn’t have all the injuries they'd have the same record South Carolina has this season .The big east is easy since Louisville, Rutgers , Syracuse and ND left

Last edited:
UConn hasn’t won it all since 2016 and that seems like ages ago.

South Carolina has taken the torch from them since then but only has 2 natties. For as dominant as they’ve been year after year that’s kind of surprising.

South Carolina has taken the torch from them since then but only has 2 natties. For as dominant as they’ve been year after year that’s kind of surprising.
I agree. Clark got hot last year and put em out. South Carolina been the best women's team for the last half decade.

I'll be surprised if they don't win it this year.

Just turned my phone on at work. Just saw Iowa won. Did the Internet get as nasty as I expect white/black america to get?

HVL gotta be point shaving at this point.
Like I said... Van Lith is selling
Angel Reese gonna choke out HVL during the next stoppage.
Van Lith may need a break
HVL is terrible
Still having HVL on Caitlin at this stage is definitely a choice...
White on white crime at this point.

FB_IMG_1712062777715.jpg

Damn didn't realize she had a covid year left, gonna be Paige Buckets SZN again then with Caitlin gone.

We might get Paige - Juju pt 2 next year too
Makes me wonder if she already has the credits to graduate then is she just gonna take some easy classes next year. Or maybe get a minor. Anyway she's been balling this tournament averaging 27ppg 9.6reb and 5-6 asst.

Iowa-UConn should also get huge ratings. An Iowa-SC final would likely get massive ratings and be the #1 watched women's game ever. It'll be a Sunday with no other major competition.

Excellent point. My thoughts are as follows.

1. Teams are just better than they were in UCONN's prime. You look at some of the players Geno had and you had legit all time greats (Diana, Sue, Stewie, Maya, etc). I think Ms. Wilson is an all time great and Ms. Boston has potential but the talent is different.

2. South Carolina's roster building philosophy is different. Geno always had a generational talent and featured that talent in his offense. His motion offense allows more freedom for elite players to make plays and go get a bucket when need be. Dawn focuses on trying to recruit generational “impact bigs” Brosizzlew30.23 Brosizzlew30.23 and surround them with complementary pieces with an emphasis on defense, depth and rebounding.

3. For as dominant as South Carolina has been the blueprint to beat them is the same. Get their bigs in early foul trouble, pack the paint, make their perimeter players make threes. As great as Clark was against them in the F4 game, those two early fouls on Boston set the tone.

4. Dawn is stubborn in that she believes that her defensive strategy with the players she has will work and 9 times out of 10 it will, but her not putting Brea Beal on Clark until the 4th and not throwing in a zone or other Junk defense was criminal. Same thing happened when they lost to Stanford, they were trading 2s for 3s. Geno is more flexible on that front.

5. It took last year’s loss to force Dawn to prioritize getting shooters in the portal like Paopao. We will see if this helps.

Last edited:
Just turned my phone on at work. Just saw Iowa won. Did the Internet get as nasty as I expect white/black america to get?

Jokes aside, that hurt watching Reese in tears talk about the death threats and abuse she’s experienced… for being a champion. :ohwell:

Also kind of disappointing that of the half dozen broadcasts and programs I’ve seen discuss the clip, an NPR program is the only one that’s come straight out and acknowledged that it’s racism.

That **** ain’t normal.

Back
Top Bottom