***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Congrats, UNDEFEATED SOUTH CAROLINA! Congrats, LAS VEGAS ACES!

Clark did have less help than other greats. With that said, I'm not sure any other coach other than Bluder would've built a system to give the green light like Clark has. Her teammates really play to her strengths and improved immensely from where they were.

Had to watch on Taurusi and Bird - traditonal telecast was Caitlin Clark the Messiah

Dawn Staley letting them play through from 10-0 start and letting them figure it out was S-tier coaching.

South Carolina enforcing length and physicality and Rodman rebounding and finally recognized as champs and a freaking undefeated season.

The transition play and skill development in the women's game has really improved the product in the last 10 years and the catch-up from Uconn women's dominance really did help the sport.

Clark did have less help than other greats. With that said, I'm not sure any other coach other than Bluder would've built a system to give the green light like Clark has. Her teammates really play to her strengths and improved immensely from where they were.
Clark isn’t as talented as them , that’s clear. However getting to 2 finals for that school puts her in any conversation

Really interested in the teammate dynamic at the WNBA level.

Really interested in the teammate dynamic at the WNBA level.
This is where USA basketball has been a huge benefit for this generation of women's basketball players. Clark and Boston have been friends since AAU and USA basketball so Clark will come in with the respect of team because they all respect Boston. The Clark/Boston two woman game will be nice.

Clark isn’t as talented as them , that’s clear. However getting to 2 finals for that school puts her in any conversation
No question, she didn't need a chip to validate her status in my eyes. At programs like UCONN you have to win just to distinguish yourself from the legends that came before you.

ADVERTISEMENT
Maya, Candace Parker, Stewie and Cheryl Miller
were all getting overlooked and lowkey disrespected in a lot of these discussions these last few weeks.

Caitlyn is a legend and one of the greatest we've ever seen in the men and womens game in college, probably the greatest shooter/scorer, but I hope the recency bias dies down a little when it comes to GOAT debates/discussions :lol:
This ****. Partner telling me CC the goat. Said they talking bout her playing in the big 3. Told him they talked about Maya playing in the nba. :lol: :lol: Don’t think either would work, but people forget how great some of these women have been.

The bball world has fallen in love with taking 12 long ball attempts a game. The women’s game is growing and CC slid right in there and delivered. Hats off to her. Looking forward to seeing if she can do this in the league.

I don’t think anyone has forgotten how great those women were. It’s the fact that those women were always on STACKED teams.

It isn’t to say they would not have been able to take an unknown program to new heights. The reality is that all these goats were on stacked squads.

I’ll give you DT her senior year not being on a stacked team but the parity is nowhere near where it is now.

I think from a talent and skill perspective Caitlin is clear.

I think Steph has ruined us to where we think hitting 30 foot threes is normal. Shooting always has been and always will be the most difficult and important part of the game of basketball and Caitlin does it at a level we haven’t seen before in women’s college hoops. It wasn’t even ten years ago that James Harden made the step-back — an extremely difficult physical feat to stay on balance — an “acceptable” shot. Look at how much Iowa struggled to create ANY offense without her. Her ability to pull three points out of thin air from seemingly anywhere on the court is magic. Add to that some of the best handles, court vision, and pinpoint passing we’ve seen… she really is mercurial.

Maya Moore was an incredible shooter and all-around player but wasn’t creating and hitting twenty-six footers multiple times per game. Stewie scored at all three levels at a prolific rate but wasn’t dropping 3/4 dimes and handling the ball forty feet away from the hoop. Either could well be the goat, especially when you consider their rings. And every time I see A’ja play, I’m in awe of how automatic she is from 16 feet and in. But I don’t think it’s just recency bias that spurs the Caitlin convo - it’s the captivating sort of play and jaw-dropping type of pure skill that has a 6’3 Steph Curry in the convo as one of the goats of all-time.

Meh….I think some have forgotten. They’re on stacked teams and CC’s light is neon green. Being on stacked teams mean those women were stars among stars, right? Geno or Pat or any of the coaches that have coached greats aren’t letting their star get off 15 trey balls a game. That’s the game now though.

CC’s a star along with the others. What I enjoyed in the dozen or so games I’ve seen her play in was her passing. She’s always making a perfect pass to a cutting teammate or looking for someone up the court off a defensive rebound. Looking forward to see her this summer.

Kind of a weird comparison given that teams score a lot less in football and Iowa is known for being a defensive team first and foremost.
It's a long-standing joke from the College Football Thread. nako xl nako xl witnesskb24 witnesskb24 will tell you. Iowa football this year was playing that NASTY 1920s football. Ferentz had dudes playing for field goals since they were so terrible on offense.

Was a defensive masterclass by her and quite the redemption for last year.

It's what Mulkey should've had Flau'jae doing instead of sacrificing HVL to the Wolves :lol:

today’s iiwii
34960127-0A02-4531-A81D-8988E0A50267.jpeg

Ion’t wanna post the link cuz every 1/3 post gets deleted & also don’t wanna have the race wars cont’d lol

Back
Top Bottom