***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

Got some tees for the twins. Homage did em kinda dirty with the caricatures tho :lol:

IMG_0161.jpeg

Stupid finish alert for the last3 mins of that game AND ot. Some good calls, some terrible calls and mad flopping.

Some wnba fans I won’t say who are losing it and really delusional

Damn near comparing angel reese to wemby now 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 saying y’all praise him for offensive board blah blah blah they play the same

Some wnba fans I won’t say who are losing it and really delusional

Damn near comparing angel reese to wemby now 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫 saying y’all praise him for offensive board blah blah blah they play the same
Just because 2 people are mentioned doesn't mean that the comparison is between those 2 people.
They aren't comparing Reese to Wemby.
They were comparing that one Wemby possession to Reese's overall style of play, and there's merit behind what they're saying.

Just because 2 people are mentioned doesn't mean that the comparison is between those 2 people.
They were comparing that one Wemby possession to Reese's overall style of play, and there's merit behind what they're saying.
Didn't think it could be taken another way when that was pretty clear by the footage but Angel and CC tend to break people's brains :lol:

Constantly seeing the most being done constantly by all sides

What exactly is the merit behind an isolated occurence being compared to a reoccuring one or as you put it a style of play?

What exactly is the merit behind an isolated occurence being compared to a reoccuring one or as you put it a style of play?
Criticisms are quicker for marginalized groups than they are for majority groups.
Essentially, there's nothing wrong with getting 4 rebounds to get 1 basket. I know I'm part of the mockery of her style of play, but I love it.
As far as multiple rebounds resulting in 1 basket, Dennis Rodman made an entire career of it and he is firmly cemented in the discussion of greatest rebounders of all time.
(Reminder: merely mentioning 2 names is not a comparison between those 2 players. I'm not comparing Dennis Rodman to Reese. I'm comparing this 1 element of the game of basketball, and using those 2 players as part of the discussion on this 1 element.)

Criticisms are quicker for marginalized groups than they are for majority groups.
Essentially, there's nothing wrong with getting 4 rebounds to get 1 basket. I know I'm part of the mockery of her style of play, but I love it.
As far as multiple rebounds resulting in 1 basket, Dennis Rodman made an entire career of it and he is firmly cemented in the discussion of greatest rebounders of all time.
(Reminder: merely mentioning 2 names is not a comparison between those 2 players. I'm not comparing Dennis Rodman to Reese. I'm comparing this 1 element of the game of basketball, and using those 2 players as part of the discussion on this 1 element.)

Per usual, you just used a whole lot of words to say nothing.

Reese isn’t getting clowned because she’s a black woman which is what you’re seemingly alluding to. If anything this conversation has gone on as long as it has because women of color are amplifying her.

I’m now mentioning two names that are actually being compared for the sakenof comparison. Reese is getting clowned because they’re trying to equate her production to that of Caitlin’s.

Back
Top Bottom