***WOMEN'S HOOPS THREAD*** Gold medal game: SUN, 08/11 @ 9:30am EST. Going for 8TH STRAIGHT GOLD!

The real Sheryl Swoopes is being held against her will, its actually Antonio Brown with Skrull powers in her place.

swoopes going the skip bayless level of hating. ride that to a "hot take" career :emoji_fire:

Duncan is right. They were cooking Swoopes online, especially "those" Clark fans so I think she just dug her heels into it out of spite.

She also knows Clark and others league related have to sit there and take the punches out of (fake) respect for Swoopes. Basically Swoopes knows she most likely won't get checked by folks because of this current political climate.

But yea, glad she is getting it finally.

I need for someone to check the male referee’s bank account and social media. That was horrific officiating.

That one pivot travel called on Burdick out at the 2-point line with her back to the basket was legit preposterous. From what some actual refs have said both here on NikeTalk in the pickup bball thread, and from other refs on social media, that was 1000% a terrible call for like four different reasons.

That said, HVL definitely got away with a couple of extra step step-throughs, though you could argue the refs didn't call those because Spain was also pushing HVL on her way through the lane on at least 2 of those, so it was a "no foul/no travel" situation though both were present.

And then THAT said, that one player for Spain was traveling EVERY SINGLE TIME she did stepback 3s. She'd gather, step forward once, then shuffle step once, then take two more steps back, but she'd do it so fast the refs were scared to call it, but it definitely looked like a travel to me. I was watching on mobile so I couldn't slow it down and really examine it but it damn sure looked suspect as hell.

Crazy game for the USA to lose in OT.

If you talking the step throughs..... that move is common in women's hoops. Berdict getting that rebound to secure the bronze medal was big. Don't know much of her game but from watch the 3x3 game at WnBa all star weekend and these Olympics... she doesn't have an offensive bag. I think that's something crucial cuz everyone does pick and rolls so you gotta have more to the arsenal

I also think with watching both women's and men's they let quite a few things go as if it's pick up ball at a gym or park. I guess it's one of those hate it or love it

If you talking the step throughs..... that move is common in women's hoops.

Yeah that's why I added "extra step" step through. It was a step through with an extra step in it :lol:

But like I was saying, Spain was leaning on her when she did it so it wasn't her fault and if they aren't gonna call the foul, don't call the walk that the foul caused.

Back
Top Bottom