Won an item on ebay, Seller is trying to cancel the transaction. How should I handle this?

If the guy doesn't want to sell/send it to you he wont.

I never understood the Ebay quarrels from this perspective. You lost no money, brush it off and keep searching for your item through other channels.

In my opinion its not even worth leaving bad feedback.

If the guy doesn't want to sell/send it to you he wont.

I never understood the Ebay quarrels from this perspective. You lost no money, brush it off and keep searching for your item through other channels.

In my opinion its not even worth leaving bad feedback.

Why is it not worth leaving bad feedback? Isn't the purpose of feedback to let others know what type of person their dealing with for better or worse?

If it went for more then he expected it to go for and I gave him some dumb excuse about how I can't buy it anymore, he would be tight and understandably so.

i already left it,  he was adamant that he wasn't going to ship a "defective item"  so i just took the L and realized he's not going to cave in,  if i see that he relisted it though ima be tight.    

it is what it is though. i never leave negative feedbacks as a buyer so this was a first time for me, and as a seller, i can't stand buyers who are quick to leave that negative feedback over silly reasons. 

This happened to me on a brand new pair of dunks forgot which Ones I won them for 10 bucks lol. Seller hit me up right after the bid is over saying they were stolen. Next week they are listed and I kept messaging him oh you got them back huh watch them go for a mill so I used an ebay account to raise the price to 200 and lol'ed when I told my money got stolen lol.

Also happened again with a pair of kobes I got ds for 100 seller said his bro balled up next week they were up for 170 messages him everytime they didn't sell laughing

i already left it,  he was adamant that he wasn't going to ship a "defective item"  so i just took the L and realized he's not going to cave in,  if i see that he relisted it though ima be tight.    

it is what it is though. i never leave negative feedbacks as a buyer so this was a first time for me, and as a seller, i can't stand buyers who are quick to leave that negative feedback over silly reasons. 

This happened to me on a brand new pair of dunks forgot which Ones I won them for 10 bucks lol. Seller hit me up right after the bid is over saying they were stolen. Next week they are listed and I kept messaging him oh you got them back huh watch them go for a mill so I used an ebay account to raise the price to 200 and lol'ed when I told my money got stolen lol.

Also happened again with a pair of kobes I got ds for 100 seller said his bro balled up next week they were up for 170 messages him everytime they didn't sell laughing

What exactly happens in a case of 'unpaid item'? Does eBay take the money out your account?

If it was actually defective :rofl: It's a lose lose situation for him either way.

Ebay removes some negative feedback. Happen to me a few years ago when I won/bought a pair of Lebrons dude told me they were half size bigger than what was in the listing. (I guess he reused old pictures for the auction and didn't pay attention.) After some back and forth I just left negative feedback he messages me asking why blah blah. I looked at his feedback a day or so later and it was gone.

Last edited:
I asked him to send me pics of the defect, and told him to just mail the jersey and if the defect wasnt that serious I would keep it, and if it was I would just send it back but either way I wouldn't leave a negative since he was being honest.

I can't stand sellers like that. If you don't want this problem, either don't set your starting price low, or set a damn reserve price.

I've taken some big L's on some stuff I've listed, including selling a blank nba authentic for a penny plus shipping since only 1 person bid. Aside from the fact that I value my reputation as a seller, I honored each of those sales because it was the right thing to do despite me taking a L.

Not everyone has integrity I guess though. All I know is that I better not see him relist that same item a week or 2 from now thinking everything is fine.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom