Working at a movie theatre??

TheGodFresco

formerly gsdoubleu
Yo, i might go work at a movie theatre since my homegirl can probably hook me up with a job. I have never had any actual job experience and i'm 16. Wouldit be a good first job? Any stories, advice, experiences? Thanks NT
wink.gif

i had a friend that use to rock with a job in a movie theater
Pay is really poppin, but the bad thing is u gotta work on nights and weekends..that means that Youll be seeing ppl ur age having mad fun, while ur slavingover a hot popcorn machine
But in the end, ur gettin paid and thats all that matters

I had friends in high school who worked in a movie theatre and liked it, so I'd say its a good job for beginners.
Which one?

Originally Posted by LALAKERFAN213

I had friends in high school who worked in a movie theatre and liked it, so I'd say its a good job for beginners.
Which one?

Century theatre in Colma, by the bart station

My first job was at a movie theater. I saw like 10 movies a month. Free food all the time. Free movies for my friends. It's a fun first job for highschoolers.

i just got a job at amc la jolla. couple friends work there and like it alot. i havnt even started yet and saw iron man for free 2 days ago. my friend says healways finds straight cash in the theater also and just pockets it.

i did and loved it. just didnt like the pay. we would take shots straight from the icee machine. we would also go in the back and put slits in the bags ofcandy and show the manager and tell him it shipped like that. he would then tell us to throw it away or keep it.

plus free movies and all the popcorn and drinks you could want.

we would also put hella salt and butter in the popcorn on purpose because we knew everyone liked it better. but our manager didnt because it was costing himmoney. lol.

I worked at movie theatre for a few summers and really enjoyed it. Like others said, free movies, free food. But you have to work nights and weekends. Sinceits summer, schools out and its the big movie season, good chance to get a lot of hours.

ay yo, i work at the tanfo one. its alright. if you like cleaning and shh
hit me up if you ever work there...

Originally Posted by shoesandstuff

ay yo, i work at the tanfo one. its alright. if you like cleaning and shh
hit me up if you ever work there...

I might hit you up if i don't get this one.

GSDOUBLEU i got a manager that works there...if you do get hired imma tell him to fire you....nah im kidding...its coo job

Originally Posted by GSDOUBLEU

Originally Posted by welcometothetonezone

AVOID WORKING AT AMC.

Bad memories -_-

why?
nerd.gif

I think it all depends on the location. I worked at a slow paced theater....and when it's slow, there's no chance to be promoted or getraises.

Let's just say that I had a co-worker of mine get a $0.20 raise after working there 2 years AT MINIMUM WAGE which was still $6.75 back then.
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Plus I worked the year when nothing but
alien.gif
movies came out....really notworth it.

It's a high school type job...so for high schoolers or people looking to get their first work experience, maybe it's for you. Otherwise, stay out.

I did back in high-school. Bunch of my friends worked there so we just had fun all shift. The work itself wasn't bad, just repetitive. Under-paid job butthen again, the work itself isn't hard or taxing so you can't expect to get too much out of it...

AVOID WORKING AT AMC.

Bad memories -_-

why?
nerd.gif

I think it all depends on the location. I worked at a slow paced theater....and when it's slow, there's no chance to be promoted or get raises.

Let's just say that I had a co-worker of mine get a $0.20 raise after working there 2 years AT MINIMUM WAGE which was still $6.75 back then.
sick.gif
sick.gif
laugh.gif
sick.gif

Plus I worked the year when nothing but
alien.gif
movies came out....really not worth it.

It's a high school type job...so for high schoolers or people looking to get their first work experience, maybe it's for you. Otherwise, stay out.

Damn
smh.gif

Well that theatre is packed pretty often, and right now, i'm just trying to get some experience and money. I'm def not working there forever.
laugh.gif

Take it, it's a job and you're 16. Any extra money is good, plus getting experience will help you get another job down the line. Take it.

Which one?

The Century Theatre next to the Coldstone's?

Originally Posted by MFLIGHT45

Which one?

The Century Theatre next to the Coldstone's?

Yea i think there is a Coldstone right next to it. It's right off the free-way.

Back
Top Bottom