***Working comission ftl?

I started a new job yesterday and its all comission 8% to be exact. Everyone seems to like it but I feel Im egtting ripped off I worked 7 hours of hardlabor. Business is slow so I only sold $400 of merchandise so 7 hours and I only made about $35. Should I stick with it or look else where?

Originally Posted by urban turban 18

I started a new job yesterday and its all comission 8% to be exact. Everyone seems to like it but I feel Im egtting ripped off I worked 7 hours of hard labor. Business is slow so I only sold $400 of merchandise so 7 hours and I only made about $35. Should I stick with it or look else where?

Stick with it man. I can't even get a second job to support myself. I work one job 4 hours, once a week..since i got layed off at my previous job.

I get a base rate $6 plus commission. On good days its awesome, but most of the times im stuck opening and it sucks. I was heated on monday, 45 seconds after Ileave for lunch the dude who came in early made a sale that made him $200.
smh.gif

i used to work at a sports goods store that was commission based.. 5%. was not bad at all especially during christmas and back to school.

I'm not sure what you're selling, but typically weekends would be better because people are off of work and can come spend money. Also, if you juststarted, you probably haven't built any relationships with clients yet. Once you build up a strong clientele, you'll be better off. I was working at ahigh-end department store for a while and made about $30-40k/year (averaged out) part-time while in school. Of course, some days I would make a bunch, andother days would be borderline charity work.

To answer your question, though, there is no "usually make"--that's the double edged sword of commission. I worked alongside some people makingsquat and some people taking in six-figures.

laugh.gif
My dude... you just started YESTERDAY, what do you expect? Look atyour check in two weeks, then come make a thread whether you like it or not.

Think about it fam, you did bad on a weekday, watch when you have a good day and make bank. It'll all build up to your check.

smh.gif
at cats thinking money grows on trees.

Back
Top Bottom