Working out with gloves > without gloves

Originally Posted by EEntegRa

no gloves here also. i do use straps for doing back workouts.

callouses shows effort.
pimp.gif
And developed muscles dont?

Originally Posted by swyftdahoe

Originally Posted by Stringer Bell 32

Originally Posted by wildout4

chalk > gloves

Oh hell no

Some of these guys with the chalk kill me

laugh.gif
lol No kidding. If you're not pushing 500 billion lbs then you're just being a poser with that chalk
roll.gif

grin.gif

it really depends on what youre doing. im not all dramatic like lebron w/ the chalk before i start a set.

chalk in like a 24 hour fitness is OD. but say if youre power cleaning for a max, nothing is better than chalk.

whats wrong with gloves? i'm a casual lifter, not a body builder. my grip strength isn't that serious to me. i'd rather wear gloves and keep myhands callous free, as well as not have to touch the same bar that 100 dudes with grimy sweaty hands have held before me.

Gloves FTW. You dont want to be skaking peoples hand with callouses in the business world, or scratchin up a ladies back.

i used to wear gloves all the time but i lost them so now ive been lifting without them and my hands are full of caulises
sick.gif

ok whoever says callouses shows effort is STUPIDDD what you work on shows effort i ain't workin on my callouses to show em off to people for the effort iput in i work out for results for my BODY nice avy btw
laugh.gif

Some people are funny.
laugh.gif

If you lift properly, you shouldnt be getting awful, mutant callous hands. Theyll be in a few spots, but wont be awful.

They wont be noticable when shaking someones hand or anything like that.

To the people who wear them because of how grimey some gyms are, I doubt youre still careful about what you touch with your gloves on so youre really nothelping much.

I dont wear gloves, but if you do... thats you. Nothing against the rules. Ill wear straps for a few lifts if I need to do so, but thats it.

man up, gloves are for sissies and women.
nothing better than feeling that iron on bare hands
and if its hurting your hands get your grip up ussy!!!

No gloves for me. Just never thought of using one. Working it raw does it for me well.

what exercises are you guys doing that give such bad callouses? I have small callouses on my palm where the middle finger connects, but they're not big orpainful. I tried using gloves for a while, didn't notice much difference, lost them, been lifting bare handed since

For better efficiency of performing every set I take, I always wear my gloves.

Originally Posted by brrraptors

No gloves for me, I prefer the natural grip over the synthetic material between my skin and the steel. I don't care about calluses.

Back
Top Bottom