[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

^ I understand what point you're trying to make...but 50% 3-point shooting would be just fine with me
happy.gif
. I'm gonna be honest, the second I heard about Phil today at work all my worries went away. That was only piece we couldn't replace this summer
pimp.gif

I guess Lakers are going to use Odom, Miller and Vujacic as the ball handlers for the second unit.

Worried about their defense against PGs but no one on the market is exactly a reliable defender.

As good as Miller is, you don't just need a shooter. You need a tough, ballsy, gutsy player. Somebody who won't be fazed by big moments and is dangerous when the last 5 minutes of a game come. Fisher has become a below-average point guard but when he has the ball in the last 2 minutes and given an arm's length of space, every fan knows he's going to knock down that killer 3. I can't recall the last time I've seen Mike Miller pull that off in a tight game.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

I guess Lakers are going to use Odom, Miller and Vujacic as the ball handlers for the second unit.

Worried about their defense against PGs but no one on the market is exactly a reliable defender.

Man....I keeep hearing that Odom has played his way out of LA with what he did in the Finals......

Originally Posted by ACBboyz84

Mike Miller for 30 mil ? Pass. This guy can't play defense, has a bad history with Kobe and isn't athletic enough to guard other 3s in open court. He also shoot like Sasha Vujacic. Hit about 90% threes easily in practice but would go 50/50 in a real game. 15 Millions is more reasonable

going 100% in a real game =
pimp.gif

He also shoot like Sasha Vujacic. Hit about 90% threes easily in practice but would go 50/50 in a real game. 15 Millions is more reasonable
I'm not sure what you're saying but if it's that Miller can't shoot in games, you need to do some research before you post. Miller shot 48% from 3 last year and has shot 40% for his career.

i like the idea of miller more than i actually like him. and the lakers need that off the bench guy who unlike walton isn't scared to shoot, and someone who actually can shoot the lights out behind the arc. Still need the pg position filled. fisher needs to be saved for the playoffs so we need a guy who can eat minutes up in the regular season

tupac003:
Mike Miller has been offered a five-year, $30M contract by the Lakers, according to a report from Jeff Goodman. Miller expects to be recruited by LeBron James and Dwyane Wade wherever they end up. The Lakers have set a deadline of tonight to accept their offer.

I love it.
laugh.gif
"Dude, you coming or not? We're not going to sit here and wait around all damn decade. You either want to be with the back-2-back champions or you don't."

good %@@$ on the lakers setting a deadline for mike miller. next up maybe tmac or ray allen.

and i wouldnt think the lakers would trade odom just because of the finals. davis just had odoms number all series.

Originally Posted by Jason23Richardson

Mike Miller for 30 mil ? Pass. This guy can't play defense, has a bad history with Kobe and isn't athletic enough to guard other 3s in open court. He also shoot like Sasha Vujacic. Hit about 90% threes easily in practice but would go 50/50 in a real game. 15 Millions is more reasonable

going 100% in a real game =
pimp.gif
I feel you but he's still an upgrade from Luke though

Originally Posted by John2st

i like the idea of miller more than i actually like him. and the lakers need that off the bench guy who unlike walton isn't scared to shoot, and someone who actually can shoot the lights out behind the arc. Still need the pg position filled. fisher needs to be saved for the playoffs so we need a guy who can eat minutes up in the regular season
The funny thing is the last two seasons he's been trying to expand his game and has not shot the ball enough. 
laugh.gif
He could easily have averaged 15 a game had he shot the ball more.

Originally Posted by I NaSmatic I

Originally Posted by John2st

The funny thing is the last two seasons he's been trying to expand his game and has not shot the ball enough. 
laugh.gif
He could easily have averaged 15 a game had he shot the ball more.

haha you are actually right but coming off the bench specifically for that reason alone to shoot the lights out he will make a bug difference if he stays healthy. he missed games with a shoulder injury last year right?

I love that my team doesn't beat around the bush, they get right down to business.
 "Here's my offer, you have until midnight, take it or leave it".

marlonbrando_godfather.png

Why does everyone keep saying TMAC? He believes he should start, and I don't want him in our starting lineup. Especially if Miller decides to take that deal.....we need to look for some bigs. I would take a chance on TMAC if he takes vet min. But we will see if that happens....

Originally Posted by LeroyTheGreat38

Originally Posted by SenorRoboto2k5

The Last Stand
frown.gif

Already makes me sad

Same here, and I don't think some people have realized he said that yet.

i did. in reality if B.Shaw sticks around, hes most likely goin to take over on the long road trips

lakers not messing around this year. in seasons past they've put out offers only for that players agent to take that offer and try to get more money from other teams (ahem ariza).

crazy that its a same day deadline, but i like it. if he is really serious about winning and being apart of the team, he'd agree tonight. if he wants to wait to see what lebron and wade do instead of play with kobe, we can move onto our next option.

Apparently Miller is torn b/w signing and waiting it out for LBJ. He wants to play for Lakeshow, but wants to play with LBJ as well. So who is next on the list after Miller?

pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
Phil's back.

Miller would be nice, but not sure I like the 30 mil. I do like the fact that they gave him a deadline, too.

I don't think giving miller the MLE would affect fisher in any way. I think the lakers can give fisher what he wants cause of bird rights? idk how this *%#% works
laugh.gif
tired.gif

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

He also shoot like Sasha Vujacic. Hit about 90% threes easily in practice but would go 50/50 in a real game. 15 Millions is more reasonable
I'm not sure what you're saying but if it's that Miller can't shoot in games, you need to do some research before you post. Miller shot 48% from 3 last year and has shot 40% for his career.
what im trying to say is Mike Miller would brick half of his shots in a real game. I know he's a deadly shooter but shooting 10 for 10 threes in practice does not mean he would shoot like that in a real game. He also play subpar defense and is not athletic at all for his size. 30 millions for him is way too much

Back
Top Bottom