Must be nice to win Back-2-Back....
tired.gif

KOBE-5
DUNCAN-4

smh.gif
ohwell.gif

Enjoy it LA fans...

Limited saltiness. Respect.

Congrats to the Laker fans out there. What an emotional playoff run. I lost a lot of nights sleep becuase of them. Kind of glad I dont have to worry for the next few months.

I think Bynum being as big as he is, I kind of like him at center. If we get Bosh, then we have two non-physical big guys that don't play great D. Bynum changes the game A LOT for us with his size. Imagine we play a team in finals with Shaq or DHoward or just a big physical center.... do you really feel comfortable Bosh guarding such player? I doubt he is going anywhere.

all we need to do is upgrade our guard spots

Fish will be a backup
Farmar will be gone
Shannon will probably leave for a bigger contract

That means we'll have to package some bench players for Hinrich or sign a free agent like Steve Blake or Earl Watson

I think we should keep the Bynum, Gasol, Odom combination and just upgrade the PG position.
Fisher as a backup will be amazing

yea yall back to back congrats but did anybody see that goal that usa scored and the ref said it wasnt good

What do you guys think about Darren Collison? Aren't the Hornets trying to ship him out? He looks very promising as a PG.

Lakers would want a PG with better experience. Paul becomes a FA in a year or 2....Hmmm
pimp.gif

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

yea congrats kobe is officially the goat now he can't be compared to anyone he is above everyone who ever play the game ok we get it now lock these thread up about basketball the world cup is going on.

Originally Posted by tvanterpool

yea yall back to back congrats but did anybody see that goal that usa scored and the ref said it wasnt good

21echfq.jpg

Anyway, Congrats to everyone in the Laker fam, and the regulars in here, that stood by this team all season long.

I wish I can give all of you a high five
laugh.gif

It was a great start and finish to the season.  Let's enjoy this for as long as we can, but come October/November, it's back to business again.

Hope to see y'all at the Parade on Monday, be safe. 

I love this team.  WOOOOOO!!!

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

What do you guys think about Darren Collison? Aren't the Hornets trying to ship him out? He looks very promising as a PG.
The Hornets are going to ask for more than what we can offer.

Although it sounds very appealing, I say no to Bynum/Bosh. A CLEAR advantage we had in game 7 was our length, especially in the beginning with all of those offensive rebounds. Bynum has the longest wingspan I think I've ever seen and bringing in Bosh, who is smaller than Bynum, would eliminate our biggest advantage that NO OTHER TEAM in the league has. We don't need another 20-point scorer on this team because scoring is not a weakness of ours. Other than scoring, anything Bosh would provide is already provided by Bynum.

Yes, Bynum has been injured the past three seasons, but we've won TWO titles in a row with him hobbling on one leg. We don't need to fix our big men.

What does need to be tweaked some is our bench. If we can sign Mike Miller for the MLE like someone said earlier then I'm all for that, because that's probably the best we will be able to do free agent-wise.

Other than that, I think this team is more than capable of three-peating next year.

Id love to pick up a Kyle Korver or as much as I thought id NEVER say this JJ Reddick and obviously a more seasoned big man off the bench. Thats my wish list right now.

LAKERS TO PAY FOR PARADE

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Lakers say they'll pay for Monday's NBA championship victory celebration, a more modest event than in past years.
Lakers spokesman John Black said Friday the team anticipates spending around $2 million, including police overtime and other city services.

The Lakers plan to celebrate Thursday's victory over the Boston Celtics with a parade from Staples Center to the University of Southern California campus. The team estimates that 500,000 to 2 million people may line the two-mile route.

Last year's celebration featured a longer parade to Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum, where 95,000 people jammed the stands for a rally.

The Lakers and others paid for most of that event after costs to the financially strapped city were criticized.

Passing on the parade. No rally at the coliseum 
eyes.gif

Being there for game 7 was enough for me. If those dudes go to Disneyland this weekend I might go
laugh.gif

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

eyes.gif

Being there for game 7 was enough for me. If those dudes go to Disneyland this weekend I might go
laugh.gif

I think once in a lifetime is enough for me, but I don't know, I'm still thinking about it. 

Originally Posted by HybridSoldier23

eyes.gif

laugh.gif
That and no stage for the players to make a speech?! SMH I believed the 00, 01, and 02 parade had stages... and 09 the coliseum stage...

Good job on paying for the parade.  I know Cali can't afford to pay for that stuff, we've had too many. 
laugh.gif
pimp.gif

Thinkin on it, if Ray doesn't want to come here, I would love to see us get one of those James Posey, Tony Allen, Bruce Bowen type dudes that do nothing but piss people off playing defense.  Ron and Kobe will suffice, much like Ray and Paul do, but you need that energy hungry killer type off the bench.  We never get guys like that.  Michael Cooper used to be that dude back in the day.  So if I can't improve the shooting with Ray, then gimme a ridiculous defender to provide rests for both Ron and Kobe. 

Phil will be back.  He acknowledged that if they have a chance to get yet another 3-peat, that is something special, and he would want to face that challenge again.  So for at least this year, I think he'll stay. 

Originally Posted by LamarOwnsem

Originally Posted by youngpnoi

The Hornets are going to ask for more than what we can offer.

Although it sounds very appealing, I say no to Bynum/Bosh. A CLEAR advantage we had in game 7 was our length, especially in the beginning with all of those offensive rebounds. Bynum has the longest wingspan I think I've ever seen and bringing in Bosh, who is smaller than Bynum, would eliminate our biggest advantage that NO OTHER TEAM in the league has. We don't need another 20-point scorer on this team because scoring is not a weakness of ours. Other than scoring, anything Bosh would provide is already provided by Bynum.

Yes, Bynum has been injured the past three seasons, but we've won TWO titles in a row with him hobbling on one leg. We don't need to fix our big men.

What does need to be tweaked some is our bench. If we can sign Mike Miller for the MLE like someone said earlier then I'm all for that, because that's probably the best we will be able to do free agent-wise.

Other than that, I think this team is more than capable of three-peating next year.
The only advantage Bynum has over Bosh is his shot-blocking presence but that doesn't always translate into good defense. Bynum is a poor face-up defender, his instincts are very slow and causes easy baskets. Bosh is quicker with his feet and is more intelligent, I know Bynum has a long wingspan but Bosh is pretty darn long himself. He hasn't had much support in Toronto on the defensive end, so I'd think he'd look better paired with Gasol and a frontcourt of Artest, Kobe, maybe Hinrich? Bottom line, a pairing of Bosh and Gasol is ridiculously athletic on both ends and makes the Lakers more versatile than they are with Bynum. How instrumental has Bynum been in these 2 chips? I wouldn't exactly say he's been the difference maker. Pau & LO were the team's best rebounders in the Finals. Can you imagine adding Bosh to the mix? A proven 20 & 10 guy night in, night out.

I doubt a trade will happen, but you'd have to pinch yourself if it does.

well powell has got to go. if they dont do a bosh for bynum trade we need a back up big who defends and gets boards who can play big minutes if bynum goes down which you know he will. always does. . powell is trash

and hinrich is not the answer. he put up similar numbers to farmar... dude isnt quick either

Josh Powell , Mengba, Farmar , Morrison, Luke, Sasha are all gone after this summer i hope.

We would definitely benefit by getting a guy like Jared Dudley.

He would add another a good solid defender (maybe great with the help of Kobe and Artest) and a guy who can hit threes. Plus he can play point/shooting guard and small forward positions.

Is he a free agent?

I wish Grant Hill didnt sign a long term deal with the Suns. He would have been great too.

pimp.gif

Haven't been here in a while.

I wont be able to make it to the parade
frown.gif

Does anyone have a coupon code for NBA.com?

I'm not too keen in signing a shooter.  Ever since the Shaq/Kobe era, we always sign these guys who were big scorers with their former teams, but are useless come playoff time.  From my memory, George McCloud, JR Rider, Tracy Murray, Mitch Richmond, Jim Jackson...  Glen Rice was the only one who contributed during the playoffs, but we gave up a prime Eddie Jones for him, and he pretty much sat down during crunch time in favor for Rick Fox's defense. 
I would rather look for a Posey/Bowen/Barnes type of player who's priority is defense... but can still hit an open 3

Congrats to the Lakers org.

Man, it was a tough, hard fought game and the Lakers pull it off. . .

Ima say Phil comes back for a 3peat, they resign fish, find a back up to fish. Keep bynum! Why would you even want to trade bynum??? He kept rondo on check. But if rondo works on his J's, he is a scary dude.

Ron, Ron. i doubted him and he came up big. He wanted that chip. Glad to see he got it.

Back
Top Bottom