[::WORLD CHAMPION LAKERS OFF-SEASON THREAD: 2 Weeks Away From Pre-Season::]

Originally Posted by DontStepOnMyShoes

So with Bron going to the super team and Delonte possibly signing with us they could eventually join the ranks of the Waltons and Barrys as a father/son combo winning a chip. As long as Pops gets his first Im coo with it.
laugh.gif
, i think its more of a stepfather/son combo

roll.gif
to that "Baby Boy" reference as well

Originally Posted by CP1708

Originally Posted by Infyrno23

master plan by Phil Jackson, to throw Lebron off his game, by having Delonte West guard him when we play Miami and position Gloria James at whatever end of the court the Heat are shooting against with a Delonte West Lakers Jersey, and a sign saying "Mama Gotta Have a Life Too"
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif
roll.gif

West, Fisher, Odom, Barnes.  How many lefties can one team have?  Artest, Odom, West.  How many crazies can one team have? 

Maaaaaaan, I dunno about this D West stuff.  I don't want that clown, but I'll wait and see how the offseason shakes out.  If Brown walks, then ok, but I rather have Brown personally. 

Matt Barnes isnt a lefty.

I don't like Delonte, either. Not because of anything in particular, he just reminds me too much of those underachieving Cavalier teams.

pimp.gif
Glad to see he's on the right track. Hope his injury prone days are over
eyes.gif
ohwell.gif

[h4]Andrew Bynum[/h4][h4]LOS ANGELES -- Los Angeles Lakers starting center Andrew Bynum has had arthroscopic surgery to repair a tear of the lateral meniscus in his right knee, the team announced Wednesday.
[/h4]

The surgery was performed in New York by Dr.David Altchek, who has operated on Bynum's knee in the past. It isBynum's third knee surgery in the past three years and the second onhis right knee.

[h4]More on the Lakers[/h4]
lal.gif

For more news and notes on the Lakers, check out the Land O' Lakers blog from the Kamenetzky brothers. Blog

The 7-footer averaged 8.6 points, 6.9rebounds and 1.57 blocks in 24.4 minutes per game during the playoffs,twice needing the knee drained of fluid during the postseason and oncemore on June 22 after the Lakers' championship parade.

Bynum saidafter his exit interview with several members of Los Angeles' frontoffice last month that he planned to work out with a Lakers trainer inL.A. and Vancouver following the surgery to rehab his knee and improvehis core strength as a preventative measure against injuries in thefuture.

The Lakers expect Bynum to be available on a "limitedbasis" at the start of training camp, Sept. 25, which comes sooner thisyear than most because the Lakers will conduct the bulk of their campin London and Barcelona as one of four teams participating in the NBA'sEurope Live event.

The five-year veteran, coming off a season inwhich he averaged a career-high 15.0 points to go along with 8.3rebounds per game, is expected to make a full recovery by the start ofthe regular season in late October.

Delonte West Would Be A Great Acquisition for the Defending Champs
By Phil G on July 30, 2010

Shannon Brown was one of our best bench players, which says a lot because our bench was awful last year. He provided am immense amount of energy from the bench, with high flying and entertaining dunks.

Other than dunking, Brown proved to be a very inconsistent outside shooter and defender. LA acquired Brown to provide solid defense but it seemed he was more interested in developing his offensive game. Brown wants 4-5 million per year, but I don't think LA should overpay for his services.

Enter Delonte West. There are talks about LA trading Sasha Vujacic and a Future 1st round draft pick to the Wolves for Delonte West (and some cash considerations). LA could either keep Delonte West for the one year/$4 million left on his current contract, or waive him by August 5th and then resign him at a lower price.

Basketball Wise, this would be a great catch for Kupchak because Delonte West fits perfectly in the triangle. Here are a couple of reasons why West would be a great fit with the Lakers.

Three Point Shooting

Delonte West had a career low 32.5 3P% last season but in his career, West is a 37.3 percent shooter from behind the arc. He should bounce back and post a percentage closer to his career average.

Having an actual three point threat on the perimeter will really give our bigs some more space down low. West gives Kobe another option on the perimeter if he gets double teamed while also spacing the floor out. Spacing is crucial for the triangle to succeed and not having an actual three point threat last season really hurt LA's offense.

Defense

Delonte West has proven to be one of the top perimeter defenders in the league. He can be a bothersome pest with his long arms and has great upper body strength to stifle opponents who intend to drive past him.

He can guard point guards and two guards effectively but can also guard small forwards at times. I was very impressed with how Delonte West defended Rashard Lewis in the 2009 Eastern Conference Finals. Lewis was 6'10 and West is 6'4 but that didn't stop Delonte from harassing Lewis on the perimeter.

LA has struggled with quicker point guards for a while now (as many other teams do as well) and adding a surefire defender like West could put a stop those talks. That type of versatility West brings on the defensive end would be a great addition to this current Lakers squad.

Versatility on Offense

Delonte West can play both guard positions. In Cleveland, West was used more as a SG because he wasn't really a traditional point guard. In the triangle, you don't need a traditional point guard who can be a playmaker and attack the rim. You need a great three point shooter who can provide tough defense.

Delonte West would be a really good starting point guard for the Lakers. He would not only be able to defend his position, but also space out the floor for Kobe and the bigs with his three point shooting. He is the ideal point guard that we're looking for.

Fisher is the starting point guard and will be that until he retires, but West could serve as a great back up.

West is a good three point shooter and defender, but he is also versatile because he can go get his own shot. Not many players on the LA squad besides Kobe can get their own shot and West could provide that off the bench. The bench has been missing that player who can get off his own shot and create for others but also space the floor out.

Experience and Toughness

Delonte West has been to the playoffs numerous times with the Boston Celtics and Cleveland Cavaliers. He has also made it to the Conference finals and will not be a a pushover in terms of playoff success.

West doesn't have the "Don't Mess With Me" image that Artest has, but he is sure creating one. This guy doesn't play with his Chicken nor does he play with his guns. Adding Barnes and West to the Bench will definitely stop the questions about the Lakers toughness.

http://bleacherreport.com...for-the-defending-champs

Delonte West would be a great acquisition from us. Can play the 1 or the 2. Spell Kobe. Create his own shot.

Would be huge if we got rid of Sasha. We'll have to trade for him though. I don't see Minny taking Sasha.

In the triangle, you don't need a traditional point guard who can be a playmaker and attack the rim. You need a great three point shooter who can provide tough defense.

alot of laker fans still dont understand this.

shannon was on his trevor ariza when he opted out. i hope this bum doesnt get anything over 1.6 mill and signs with the cavs while the lakers get delonte west. but most likely the lakers will re sign brown because hes kobe's shower buddy...

i dunno about west, but imo, lakers should let brown go.. and hope we add our rookies to the mix..

Originally Posted by NobleKane

In the triangle, you don't need a traditional point guard who can be a playmaker and attack the rim. You need a great three point shooter who can provide tough defense.

alot of laker fans still dont understand this.

shannon was on his trevor ariza when he opted out. i hope this bum doesnt get anything over 1.6 mill and signs with the cavs while the lakers get delonte west. but most likely the lakers will re sign brown because hes kobe's shower buddy...
not true. Ronnie was more of a shower buddy for Kobe but we didn't overpay to keep him did we? 
laugh.gif

frown.gif

If I could have my way, keep Sasha, sign West and let Brown walk but if I had to choose, Sasha or West? I would say West then...
He's a better defender and a little worse at the 3pt shot.. I think we have enough offense on our team so everybody that comes off
the bench needs to D up.. So far that is what we have done and West would just continue that trend... Now if its between Sasha or
Brown, then keep Sasha...

UPDATE: According to Alex Kennedy of HoopsHype, Shannon has been offered a contract from the Knicks worth around $4 million – $5 million.
No way in hell is Brown worth anywhere close to 5 million.
laugh.gif

^ True that, but being paid more than your worth is a trend now in the NBA. Seems like EVERYONE is getting way more than they deserve.

Stop posting bleacerreport
laugh.gif
roll.gif

Everyone knows West>Brown basketball wise, but it seems like people gloss over West's insanity. Dude makes Ron Artest look mild.

No thanks to a psycho.

5 for 3 years isnt TERRIBLE. He's most likely going to be used as another trade asset, although i really dont want him on my team despite how much i like him

If we trade Sasha for West that means we'll have two players from last year's bench. I'd rather keep that little bit of chemistry.

Back
Top Bottom