pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i hope you never retire despite what these fish haters say
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What's your day?   I'm an August born myself.  The 12th.

HBD Fish.   

happy bday on thursday my friend

my bday is 3 days after kobes and 3 days before michael jackson
nerd.gif

HBD to the ageless wonder Fish.

my 22nd bday just passed on the 6th as well

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

Originally Posted by FrenchBlue23

Originally Posted by westcoastsfinest

happy bday my fellow august brethen
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

i hope you never retire despite what these fish haters say
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif
pimp.gif

What's your day?   I'm an August born myself.  The 12th.

HBD Fish.   

happy bday on thursday my friend

my bday is 3 days after kobes and 3 days before michael jackson

I see you
laugh.gif

Here's a little something to ponder over for those completely shutting out Shaq from their Laker memories...
smh.gif
smh.gif
at you guys, you know who you are on Page 87....

Spoiler [+]
   By Michael Eaves
FOX Sports West & PRIME TICKET

August 10, 2010

Sports fans have long been known for short memories.  Although Janet Jackson was speaking on behalf of neglected women back in 1986 with her song, "What Have You Done For Me Lately," she might as well have been speaking for fans of sports teams.

It's amazing how a player can be so beloved one day and despised the next, and vice versa.  Remember how much Lakers fans hated Karl Malone during his Hall of Fame career in Utah, only to make a 180 degree turn when he signed with the Lakers in 2003?  And should I even mention LeBron James?  Yeah, probably not.

The latest example of a fan base turning irate towards one of their former players involves one of the game's and the Lakers' best players of all-time:  Shaquille O'Neal.

When news first broke that Shaq was going to be signing a free-agent deal with the hated Celtics, Twitter and Facebook got doused with a serious dose of venomous status updates.  Lakers fans were calling Shaq a traitor and saying that he's no longer welcome in L.A.  Some even went as far as to suggest that the Lakers never retire his jersey.  All of which are completely ridiculous.
Again, I understand the short memory span of today's sports fan.  So allow me to provide some much-needed perspective.

When Jerry West brought Shaq to LA in 1996, the Lakers were nine seasons removed from their last championship. Four years later, Shaq led the purple and gold to the first of three straight.
In Shaq's eight seasons in L.A., he averaged 27 points and 12 rebounds a game.  He played in eight All-Star games (2-time MVP).  He made the All-NBA First Team six times.  He earned three NBA Finals MVP's.  He won two scoring titles.  And in 2000, the NBA named him league MVP.  In fact, he's one of only three players to win NBA MVP, All-Star Game MVP, and NBA Finals MVP in same year.  The others?  Willis Reed in 1970 and Michael Jordan in 1996 and 1998.
How's that for greatness?

But Shaq's time in LA did more that just pad his Hall of Fame resume.  He led the Lakers to one of the most successful runs in franchise history.

From 1996 to 2004, the Lakers won 66% of their regular season games--never finishing worse than 2nd in the Pacific Division--and 64% of their playoff games.  LA made four trips to the NBA Finals, winning three in a row from 2000 to 2002.

How's that for team success?

And you want to keep his jersey out of the Staples Center rafters?  A building that several team and city officials say would not even have been built if Shaq had not come to L.A.?

I realize that fans are sometimes so emotionally invested in their favorite teams, that when a great player leaves for an opportunity with another team the fans feel somewhat like a jilted lover.  I can hear them now, "I rooted so hard for you for so many years, and you just up and leave? How could you do that to me, uhhh, I mean us?"

I'm sure that's exactly how some of you were feeling the moment you heard that Shaq had signed with the hated Celtics.

But here's what you have to remember.  Shaq didn't leave the Lakers to sign with the Celtics.  In fact, Shaq didn't want to leave the Lakers.  They traded him.  And it's been six seasons since Shaq wore the purple and gold.  When does the statute of limitations run out for a former Laker to sign with the Celtics?

Plus, no one seemed to have a problem with some of the other players who have played for both franchises.  Clyde Lovellette helped the Lakers win their last title in Minneapolis before going to Boston, where he won two more championships.  on Nelson played on five championship teams with the Celtics after leaving the Lakers.  Bill Sharman won two titles as a player with the Celtics before coaching the Lakers to their first championship in LA.  And most recently, what about Rick Fox?  He played six seasons in Boston before helping the Lakers win three titles in a row.

So again, Lakers fans, I understand how you feel, but don't let your emotions cloud your judgment.  Shaquille O'Neal is one of the best players to ever wear a Lakers jersey, and that jersey deserves to hang in the Staples Center rafters with the other Laker all-time greats.
Once a Laker, always a Laker, right?   Right?   

Has anyone seen the Lakers Wheaties box hit shelves yet?

I'm thinkin mine are being held up at the Oregon border, how bout everyone else? 
laugh.gif

I was on LakersGround earlier and I was annoyed to see so many people happy that Trevor's career seems to be on a decline. Was Trevor not the guy that played a significant role in our '09 run? People these days
smh.gif

Originally Posted by Th3RealF0lkBlu3s

I was on LakersGround earlier and I was annoyed to see so many people happy that Trevor's career seems to be on a decline. Was Trevor not the guy that played a significant role in our '09 run? People these days
smh.gif

Lot of ungrateful fans out there, especially on successful teams. 

Just like the Shaq comments....

LAKERS SIGN DEVIN EBANKS
August 12, 2010

ts_100812devinebanks.jpg

EL SEGUNDO - The Los Angeles Lakers have signed forward Devin Ebanks, it was announced today. Per team policy, terms of the agreement were not released.

Selected by the Lakers with the 43rd pick in the 2010 NBA Draft, Ebanks, a 20 year-old early entry candidate out of West Virginia University, played two seasons for the Mountaineers, averaging 11.2 points, 7.9 rebounds and 2.6 assists in 69 games. Named to the Big East All-Rookie and All-Tournament team as a freshman and selected All-Big East Third Team as a sophomore, the 6’9

^ yup done deal

[h1]http://lakersblog.latimes.com/laker...acter--caracter-taken-in-the-second-roun.html[/h1]
[h1]Lakers agree to deal with rookie Derrick Caracter[/h1]
August 12, 2010 |  6:32pm

The Lakers have agreed to another deal -- with their other rookie, forward Derrick Caracter.

Caracter, taken in the second round by the Lakers with the 58thoverall pick, has agreed to a two-year, $1.1-million deal that probablywill be partially guaranteed, a Lakers spokesman said.

Caracter, a 6-foot-9 power forward, will earn $473,604 this season if he makes the team.

Having signed second-round draft pick Devin Ebanks earlier Thursday, the Lakers now have 14 players on their roster.

Caracter averaged 14.1 points and 8.1 rebounds at Texas El Paso last season.

He also had a strong showing on the Lakers' summer league team in Las Vegas.

-- Broderick Turner

Dejuan Blair 2.0?
nerd.gif

EXCELLENT OFFSEASON. 
pimp.gif

Bring back Phil, Fish, Shannon, bring in Blake, Barnes, Theo, and 2 solid young rooks who will help out in the regular season saving some minutes here and there for everyone, but not do much in the playoffs I don't think. 

Surgery for Bynum and Kobe to get them right (as well as keep them from playing too much during the offseason increasing the wear and tear) 

People need to understand, other then just the Gasol move, Mitch has done fine work.  Now, he gets some help because of Kobe/Gasol tandem making it attractive to play in LA again, but still, Mitch has done real solid work the last 5 years. 

AND, we can finally have a full healthy squad, with the exception of Walton.

I hope Lamar takes it easy at the World Games.

I said before this is a really good team.. Better than 08.. Better than 09... Better than 10......

While I think the WC Playoffs won't be as much of a cake walk as I originally assumed... The EC Playoffs will be brutal... Hopefully these teams take each other out and wear each other down until there is little in the tank left come the finals...

Originally Posted by CP1708

EXCELLENT OFFSEASON. 
pimp.gif

Bring back Phil, Fish, bring in Blake, Barnes, Theo, and 2 solid young rooks who will help out in the regular season saving some minutes here and there for everyone, but not do much in the playoffs I don't think. 

Surgery for Bynum and Kobe to get them right (as well as keep them from playing too much during the offseason increasing the wear and tear) 

People need to understand, other then just the Gasol move, Mitch has done fine work.  Now, he gets some help because of Kobe/Gasol tandem making it attractive to play in LA again, but still, Mitch has done real solid work the last 5 years. 

fixed for you

CP:
Has anyone seen the Lakers Wheaties box hit shelves yet?
No.
eyes.gif
Keep waiting and waiting and waiting. Still nothing. Shoot, who was on the cover last week when I went? Freaking Dale Earnhart, I think. No, not Jr. The dad.
smh.gif

CP:
People need to understand, other then just the Gasol move, Mitch has done fine work. Now, he gets some help because of Kobe/Gasol tandem making it attractive to play in LA again, but still, Mitch has done real solid work the last 5 31 years.
wink.gif
Son has put his team in the Finals 16 of the last 31 years (5-4 w/ Magic & Co., 3-1 w/ Shaq & Kobe, 2-1 w/ Kobe & Gasol). THAT'S how the hell you run a damn team, which is why he's now in the Hall of Fame as an owner.

Originally Posted by 23ska909red02

CP:
People need to understand, other then just the Gasol move, Mitch has done fine work. Now, he gets some help because of Kobe/Gasol tandem making it attractive to play in LA again, but still, Mitch has done real solid work the last 5 31 years.
wink.gif
Son has put his team in the Finals 16 of the last 31 years (5-4 w/ Magic & Co., 3-1 w/ Shaq & Kobe, 2-1 w/ Kobe & Gasol). THAT'S how the hell you run a damn team, which is why he's now in the Hall of Fame as an owner.
you mean general manager

Back
Top Bottom