Worst Quality and Best Quality Jordan Retros You've Experienced

Wow.

Such a wide range of worst/best quality releases.

Hmph.

Thought it would be pretty concrete on what's best/worst.

I think some people might be including a personal pair they had problems with, and not overall quality.

And some you can tell, just don't have a long history of experience with JB

Best quality to me is og XIIs. Built like tanks, but they are so damb comfy.

Then the worst would probably be low top XIVs, Pacific blue. Stiff as a MF.

From my experience:

Worst: 06 Fire Red III's

Best: 04 Playoff XII's

Man I wore those XII's to the ground. They held great, then wore them as a work shoe.

Hah I guess you really could put the '00 - '04 retros in the "Best Quality" section, but I'll try point out some I liked the best:

Best quality:
Recently: motorsport VI, playoff XIII
Older retros: flu game XII, '01 true blue III, '03 wc III, '01 bc III, '00/''01 concord, space jam and bred XI

Worst quality:
'06 military IV, '06 fire red III

Oh, how could I forget about Cool Grey IV's!! Great quality retro as well. I beat the hell out of those.. And I still have them. Going to turn them into gym shoes.

the bred 13s that came out this past january has glue showing all over the place. nike/jb needs better quality control.

i didn't include ogs in my answer since the thread title asks best/worst retros. :\

Best:

1994 IIIs -then the Japan Is & French Blue VIIs ...full size Air units, dope tumbled leather.

Worst: 

2006 IIIs & IVs ...paint cracking on the first wear.

Bordeaux VII ...all padding completely removed from the sockliner, paper thin uppers and jacked up tongues from the factory lacing.

Worst Retros I own

Mars IVs,
07 Fire Red III - Mid sole crack and run small
CDP XI - 23 on right shoe halfway peeled off and horrible comfort
CDP IV - midsole craking after wearing it 3 times
CDP IIIs - midsole cracking (rocked shoes about 20 times)

Best I own

Motorsports VI
Playoff XII (2004) I still wear those shoes a lot
Playoff XIII (2011)
CDP XIII
White/Wheat XIII
Space Jams XI - 2000
Black/Red XI - 2001

Last edited:
Worst
01 CG XI shoe was horrible yellowed after a couple wears
01 black cement 3s paint chipped and they creased all crazy
07 black v
Creased and the nubuck was trash

Best
Motorsport Vi that leather feels like my wifeys cleobella bag
2000 infrared VI release
Prolly the best shoe i owned
2012 thunder IV. Its that material b ... Smooth

Gotta agree with the masses here and say that the worst I own is definitely the Mars IV's. Such a shame too, because I loved the looks of the shoe. You know, before they started looking like **** after barely wearing them. 

for me, the worst one i've worn and seen are the CDP XI (i'm sure this has been said by people already)

shoes "look" good, but once you have them in your hand,  you can instantly tell that the shoe will be uncomfortable.

there is barely any padding, and one soles have no cushion at all.  not to mention the 23 starts to peel off after one wear. 

I feel like chicago 10s from 2012 had disgustingly crappy quality. I swear i was trying on the shoe at home and the polyurethane started ripping.

I didn't know Aquas were that bad. I've considered getting some but I'll gladly pass if that's the case.

Quality wise: The best shoes that actual moved naturally with my foot's range of motion- '99 IV, '02 IX, CDP III (1st pair of III), CDP IV

Shoes that made me duck walk- '11-'12 XI

The only ones i can recall so far, i haven't worn any of my new retros yet.

Back
Top Bottom