would the true blue 3 from 2001 lose value now?

Originally Posted by BabyMJ

Originally Posted by Mamba Bean

Still got my 01's (DS) but I'll probably cop the re-retros so I can rock em
me too, but i don't think my tabs are as white as yours. i haven't seen mine for a few years.
laugh.gif
LOL. I took real good care of mines. They're as durable as my 07 Fire Reds.

i think that people have become so accustomed to complaining about the quality of retroes, that they havent even taken the time to notice that the quality isgetting better for those that have a familiarity with the process

I think I'm going to actually sell a pair or two of my 01's ahead of the release. I do find that there aren't that many people that would pay 3times the price for the OG retro's vs getting the upcoming ones.

its funny because ive noticed alot of tru blues hitting the buy/sell lounge. i guess alot of people are scared that they 01's will go down in value, iwould keep mine if i had them.

I have a really beat pair I have yet to restore, I doubt they'll go down in value. I can already tell the leather difference by looking at Mamba Beans pic

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

i doubt it due to the horrible quality on the upcoming re-retros

word.

How do you know the quality will be horrible?

Simple Answer = Yes, the '01 TB 3's will drop in value.

people who think the value won't go down are dreaming. yes, this was true with the black cements, however those had nike air. as far as i can tell from thepics, the only difference from the 01 tb's is the holes on the tongue. most people wouldn't care about "quality". would you rather buy afresh DS pair of virtually the same shoe for 1/2 the price of a used one just because the used one from 01 had slightly better quality?

also the quality on the older 3's were better but it's not like the 09 3's will be made of straws and grass. SELL YOUR PAIRS NOW, THE PRICE WILL GODOWN.

Originally Posted by tz85

I WANNA KNOW IF THE TRUE BLUE 3 FROM 2001 WILL LOSE ANY VALUE BECAUSE THEY COMING OUT THIS SUMMER?. I COULDN'T SELL MY BLACK/RED XI FROM 2001 DOE TO THE FACT THAT EVERYONE WAS HAPPY WITH THEIR CDP XI SO WHAT SHOULD I DO WITH MY OG TRUE BLUE BECAUSE IM BUYING THE ONE IN AUG IN A BIGGER SIZE
Shut up

Originally Posted by Moid93

Originally Posted by 10Sakuragi

Originally Posted by NikeAirCobraBen

i doubt it due to the horrible quality on the upcoming re-retros

word.

How do you know the quality will be horrible?

Simple Answer = Yes, the '01 TB 3's will drop in value.

real collectors know that the other "value" will never drop.

The value of your '01 retros is definitely going down for many years to come. The demand for your '01 is going to tank further and further as weapproach the release date of this new re-retro release. Especially because both the retro and re-retro have the same Jumpman logo on the back. There isessentially no differentiation between the two. Your pair is going to turn into a commodity. The lowest price wins. JB will be selling them for the low lowcompared to inflated '01 Retro prices and people are going to jump at that opportunity to cop.

Originally Posted by jw air

Originally Posted by punisha15

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Dopeness on a Stick ? smh
sick.gif

At least my sig works and I don't search for sneakers from other companies and say that they have nike sb looking colorways.

If the upcoming True Blues are as bad as last year's Blk/Cmnt then I'm happy to still have a pair on ice.

it all depends on how much you are selling them for if you have a crazy price it might not sell with people knowing they are re-releasing so you might have ahard time coming up off em, but who knows likemy man said last pg its what someone is willing to pay i actually sold my xii nubucks in feb and 2wks later foundout they were coming back out same shoe i aint tripping ill get em again.

Definitely will lose value.

It would be different if you had OG's which retain value simply because they're OG's.

But if they're just retros, and if they look just the same as the re-retros (as the pics seem to show), then people generally prefer new shoes which arespanking new plus much cheaper.

It's a re-retro of a retro.

Y'all act like the 2001 release had NIKE AIR on the back.

lol.

Economically speaking, who the hell would pay 280+ for some 2001s to wear or collect, when the same joints are $130 GR in August.

They'll crack and yellow no matter how much you baby them.

They are IIIs.

lmao.

They will not lose value because the quality is amazing on the 2001 retros. But you will definitely lose the amountthat people are willing to pay you for a pair of 2001 retros. The key is having a wearable pair of shoes. Outside of the handful of collectors, what good isa $300 pair of shoes that you can't step foot in because they will crumble when you can have a wearable pair at $130?

They will. It has a jumpman on the back, the shape is on point, the only difference is the quality... Which 75% dont really care and you also got ppl thatnever got them back then...

Back
Top Bottom