would u clear yr shoes like this?

everytime after i wear my shoes, i would use a small wet blanket to wipe off the dust n dirt from the shoes... and then use a dry cloth to wipe off the wetfrom the shoes~
put it to dry for couple hours, then store bak in the shoe box.

do u guys think thats good or bad to the shoes? or it is unnesscesary? or i should just clean the shoes once in a long term?

all i concern about is that, if the wet blanket will ruin the shoes in long run?
any opinions?
thx in advance.

Well what I do is use baby wipes to clean the midsoles and the bottom of the shoes. Then as soon as im done I quickly wipe it off with a cloth so that the babywipe material doesn't dry up the midsoles. I haven't had any issues doing that and I dunt let them sit out to dry. I been doin it for a couple yearsnow. And I do it after EVERY wear.

Put this in the maintenace care thread. I kind of was wondering the same thing. I need to clean my premier 2009's patent leather. I dont want to scratchthe leather so they havent been clean. I think you're doing the right thing though. Letting them dry before storing them. A lot of people say use soap andwater so a wet towel wont hurt them.

I use an old tee shirt to wipe the sole and anything that is dirty on the sneaker after every wear.
I don't think that's bad for the sneakers because I've been doing this for seven years now and nothing have happen yet.

EDIT: I only use water to clean my sneakers, I don't mess with that chemical stuff.

^^i put it in the maitenence thread already~ but i think a new topic would get respond much faster...

thx for yr opinions.

i think i do it every time i wore it, so i dont need the soap to clean it~ sometimes soap on the upper too long maybe can damage the shoes quicker...

hope i m doing the rite thing.

Originally Posted by brooklynnyc3000

I use an old tee shirt to wipe the sole and anything that is dirty on the sneaker after every wear.
I don't think that's bad for the sneakers because I've been doing this for seven years now and nothing have happen yet.

u meant even the dirty stuff like leaves, dirt etc. on the buttom sole of the shoes?
hmm i didnt do tht part, but some sort of big object stuck in the cracks of the sole, i do clear it out...
cuz my apartment has lots of trees... sometimes those small fruits r all over the ground, i stepped on it... i guess i gotta use some old tee shirt to wipe allthose off too...
thx for yr suggestion!

I would
smile.gif

just use regular shoe cleaner, but over cleaning can lead to yellowing and ruining of the material. the more you clean, the more you just scrape away on thetop layers

sounds fine to me as long as you make sure they are dry before storing them you should be aight

Well a long time ago they Invented these things called
Shoe cleaner...it seams to work for me...
You can find them at any shoe place hey even wal-mart

i clean all my shoes about 2-4 times a month. i dont overdo it. i jus use the cleaning stuff from footlocker, champs, footaction. i don't really care touse what the maintenance thread uses, i think its just overdoing it. my shoes still look brand new.

Use a mr.clean eraser after each wear if you're really obsessive. You don't have to apply pressure when scrubbing with it so it's light on theleather.

i use the good o tooth brush and dish washing soap, been doing it like that for 10+ years already works fine to me, i clean every sneaker i have like that,easy to clean the mid-sole's also =] plus i also use mr.clean eraser
smokin.gif
works as well.

PS:just in case anyone asks NO i dont use it to clean nu buck or suede jordans, just the leather

i use Armor All all purpose cleaner as outlined in the maintenance thread they come in wipes and I usually leave out 2-3 pairs of shoes then hit them all withthe armor all, a quick wipe down on the uppers. I usually use a very dull knife to clean out the outsole of any little pebbles or gum that might have found itsway into the crevasses. for clear soles i will usually use the normal foaming shoe cleaner to get them as clean as possible (i feel like the cleaner you keepthem the slower they will yellow). The foam shoe cleaner is great for any more soiled areas, I spray it on and scrub with a tooth brush then wipe down with aclean rag.

Your moist towel (or any non-abrasive cloth) should be fine as long as you arent doing this to suede or nubuck as both materials are not friendly to water. Iwould also try not to moisten clear rubber soles as moisture is likely another cause for yellowing (my theory is that dirt and water absorb into the porousrubber material, the yellowing is just the dirt being trapped inside the rubber).

For the guy saying baby wipes, Id be worried if there is any alcohol in those (I dont know if there is, but there might be to make the liquid evaporate morequickly and help sterilize) because alcohol can dry out leather, even if you wipe it off right away its still on there for a little bit and if you do thisevery wear that little bit will add up.
But there might not be any alcohol in baby wipes, just something to check for.

If they are dirty, I clean 'em. I usually keep my stuff fresh, so I'll clean 'em after every 3 wears or so.

I clean my stuff after every wear. Just use a soft cloth with cold water then another soft cloth to dry them. Let any excess water air dry then box em backup.

Back
Top Bottom