Would you adopt a kid, and if so, would you consider one outside your race/ethnicity?

I would adopt in an instant. My mom is adopted and when she first told me, I started to look at some statistics myself. They were staggering, and I can only assume that they'll continue to get worse.

I don't know if I'd choose any ethnicity in particular, but I'd probably adopt from a foreign country over the US. Our system is terrible, don't get me wrong, but over seas?
30t6p3b.gif

Too bad every girl I've ever dated said she wanted kids of her own...it's ironic that the girl I'm in love with (we never dated) doesn't want to ever get pregnant (said she'd like to raise kids one day, though.)

I would consider it, I think I'll adopt one African and one Asian baby and have 2 kids of my own-that would be ideal

Originally Posted by iwantakazoozle

i like white people's hair. i've always wanted to adopt a white girl and raise her black so i could do her hair.
i would adopt an asian or latino kid too or a mixed one if they had good hair.
130980902319.jpg

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

i like white people's hair. i've always wanted to adopt a white girl and raise her black so i could do her hair.
130980902319.jpg

plenty of people don't like nappy hair, it's not trolling to be honest about it. i don't want to be spending money on perms all the time if i have a choice in the matter.

i want a kid of my own first. after that i would like to adopt a kid but outside of my race. this is actually one of my wants in life.

I would...and yes I would adopt outside my race. There are so many underprivelged children in the world, it would make more sense to care for one than have one of my own. Only in a perfect world. (I'm obviously not knocking people who choose to conceive their own children btw). Just giving my own two cents.

Originally Posted by ME NO PASS

plenty of people don't like nappy hair, it's not trolling to be honest about it. i don't want to be spending money on perms all the time if i have a choice in the matter.

You'd adopt a kid/turn away a kid because of their hair
indifferent.gif

Why do you need to spend money on perms? If a kid has nappy hair, why don't you just leave it be? I'm guessing you're black, if you had a child with nappy hair, would you be inclined to perm their hair? It's stuff like this which is why young girls have self-esteem issues, cause people don't like their features and feel the need to express their discontent.

Each to his own, but that is some terrible reasoning, if you are really not trolling.

My neighbor who is white adopted a boy from Ethiopia who is 4. It took apprx 1 1/2 year's time. She has a 6 year old boy already that she gave birth to. She went there 2 or 3 times during the process. He didn't speak much English when he came in January but he can speak English fine now. He's a great kid. The older brother had a rough time adjusting as he wasn't used to sharing the spotlight. I just hope she raises him to remember his roots & culture. There were a bunch of Americans that went through the adoption process together from the mid-Atlantic region (adopting from Ethiopia) & they organize get togethers. Everything has gone pretty smoothly for her which is cool & the little guy is really cool.

of course i would want my own children, but if i wanted to adopt race would not be a factor at all.

You disgust me

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

You disgust me

I try not to judge people based on what they say/do until I actually know them enough, but like I said above, this girl says the absolute dumbest %@## I've heard.

I remember in another thread talking about black dudes dating white women, this girl actually said that she would not mess with a black guy at all unless he was so light-skinned she couldn't tell he was black
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif

Originally Posted by scshift

Originally Posted by Patrick Bateman

You disgust me

I try not to judge people based on what they say/do until I actually know them enough, but like I said above, this girl says the absolute dumbest %@## I've heard.

I remember in another thread talking about black dudes dating white women, this girl actually said that she would not mess with a black guy at all unless he was so light-skinned she couldn't tell he was black
indifferent.gif
indifferent.gif
That's the reason I said what I said up there.. I remember her post as well.
alien.gif

30t6p3b.gif

Back
Top Bottom